Russian help

dannler

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hey guys, so i recently got a russian...i checked build videos and what not,i follow everything to a dot.....but for the life of me,i cant get it!!

I build a normal 2mm coil 1.1ohm, wick it with cotton(less is better) 2 or 3 drags and i get dry hits,i replace the cotton with bamboo wick, and still the same, and when it didnt give dry hits i got vapour,but no flavour....

I then do a chimeny build,same specs..now i dont get dry hits but almost no vapour,air flow i have adjusted all ways possible...

Any ideas?
Tips maybe?

Any time soon you will be in Nelspruit?

We could sit down and I could show ya!

Honestly, wicking is everything in Kayfun/Russian builds. Once you get it right, you will always get it right - but breaking into that first time discovery can be tricky at times.
There are other nuisance to it as well, but none as important as the wicking.

PM me, we can Skype a bit if you like...

i agree with @WHeunis

with the russian, wicking is everything

what i do is, once the coil and everything has been positioned, pull through the wick- i use cotton as well

i put just enough in so it can move freely but there is still a bit of tension

then before cutting the wick, put on the chimney- so now, the chimney is on and the wick is running upwards

now you cut the wick to the size of the chimney, and then tuck the wick in along side the deck

make sure you dont block the juice channels

and bobs your uncle

ill see if i can find the youtube clip to demonstrate this

hope it helps

@dannler please tell us whether you have the original or a clone, and also whether it's the clone with the massive juice channels or normal channels.

This might help us help you quicker and easier :)

I have the clone from Vape Club with the massive juice channels (luckily @Alex happened to visit when I picked it up and give me some tips). And albeit tricky, once I figured out the wicking trick it's nothing short of brilliant

@Riaz 100% correct that's the way I do it aswel.
@dannler the problem you having is that your cotton is blocking the juice channels. follow @Riaz steps .I will try and upload some pics for you.

maybe these pics will help

this is how your wick should look after tucking

IMG_0803.JPG

@dannler
Im no Pro but here are some pics that might help you along.

Russian 91% Clone sitting on a ZNA 50W
20141028_085245.jpg

Wicking with Rayon (sorry bad pic)
20141028_085544.jpg
Wicked with chimney cap on
20141028_085637.jpg
Trim off the excess Rayon or Cotton above the chimney cap.
20141028_085744.jpg
Gentle push down your wick. Note!! I move mine in opposite directions this just helps with the juice channel.(for me)
Add some of your e-juice and make sure its all pretty and good to go.
20141028_090018.jpg

I hope this helps

nicely done @r0gue z0mbie

i would recommend you move the coil a little closer to the deck, you will thank me later :)

nicely done @r0gue z0mbie

i would recommend you move the coil a little closer to the deck, you will thank me later :)
Awesome, enjoy, @r0gue z0mbie. Agree with @Riaz. And maybe start the bottom leg (in the picture) on the other side of the screw - will make alignment easier and be less prone to distort the coil.
VhWS01A.jpg

View attachment 14030
View attachment 14031
View attachment 14032

My first Russian coil.
Wasted a good few mils of Blackbird, the wicking sucked.

Fixed now and oh my f....!
Is it just me, or does that positive post look abit skeef.... like the left corner of the positive post is abit too close to the negative post?
May want to grab the positive block with a pliers and move it straight (just a thought)

But ya, shorter legs to bring the coil lower will be a better vape I think.

Is it just me, or does that positive post look abit skeef.... like the left corner of the positive post is abit too close to the negative post?
May want to grab the positive block with a pliers and move it straight (just a thought)

But ya, shorter legs to bring the coil lower will be a better vape I think.
that positive post will also cause the device to short if it touches the negative post

Yes what andre said, i got it from him, i did what @Riaz said, im getting flavour and very limited vapour, running juice from vapmob. The inhale is also very restricted, adjusted airflow countless of times. Mabe it should be like that, i dont know, i have checked for restrictions in air path and its clean. But my el-cheapo chinese ce4 vapes better as a comparson

@dannler, post some pictures of your build and wicking. I am no expert on the Russian but many of the other members who posted on here are. They might just be able to help you better from a pic or two.

Yes what andre said, i got it from him, i did what @Riaz said, im getting flavour and very limited vapour, running juice from vapmob. The inhale is also very restricted, adjusted airflow countless of times. Mabe it should be like that, i dont know, i have checked for restrictions in air path and its clean. But my el-cheapo chinese ce4 vapes better as a comparson
Maybe remove the air control screw completely and then see.

Sometimes too much cotton could also cause a slightly tighter draw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But yes please post some pics like @Andre suggested then we can assist from there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ey...i will try to do the pictures, im sitting now with a 2Mp camera phone without focus ha ha

Back