Russian help

Lol... I best get to the Vape meet, this wicking business is not as easy as it looks.

I've had such a nightmare on my second build.
Still the quickest and most effective way to learn - a real person to help and guide you through the process.

Still the quickest and most effective way to learn - a real person to help and guide you through the process.

Yip, I just need to see someone experienced do it.

I am getting great flavour, but dry hits when chain vaping. And the Vapour production is not great.

I'll get there... I hope lol

i think im going to join you ha ha

It's best. There's obviously tricks to getting it just right.

Can you remove the centre pin? If so clean that and make sure all the plactic covers are in the right place. I had a original and the white sleeve of the centre pin was to far up. Because of that i had the same problem no flavour. Also push the wick to the side so they dont block the juice channels.

Can I just ask here:

If you've filled your tank and you need to get back in there (to fix the wick), what's the best way to empty the tank?
Syringe with a blunt needle. Block the airhole by holding your finger over it unscrew the top of the kayfun, stick the syringe down the side and suck up as much juice as you can.

@dannler theses pics helped me http://m.imgur.com/a/zeCJY

It seems to work for me. It's more cotton than I had used before. But I'm getting more flavour, Vapour and so far no dry hits.
Before I always read to not use too much cotton. Now the coil is pretty surrounded, juice channels clear... And it's working.
very interesting- how he has the flavour wicks running along side the coil

now i want to try this method of wicking and see how it works :)

Hey guys, so i recently got a russian...i checked build videos and what not,i follow everything to a dot.....but for the life of me,i cant get it!!

I build a normal 2mm coil 1.1ohm, wick it with cotton(less is better) 2 or 3 drags and i get dry hits,i replace the cotton with bamboo wick, and still the same, and when it didnt give dry hits i got vapour,but no flavour....

I then do a chimeny build,same specs..now i dont get dry hits but almost no vapour,air flow i have adjusted all ways possible...

Any ideas?
Tips maybe?
The easiest trick with the Russian to get it to soak evenly, is to wick it and then take your wick through the chimney, with the chimney top cap off, then cut the wick in line with the top surface of the chimney bottom deck. Take those wick pig tales and tuck them in down the sides. Then give the wick a few drops of ejuice before screwing on the top chimney cap. Use the fill hole for this method of wicking.

I hope that made sense, but basically all you are doing is sending your entire wick through the bottom part of the chimney, screwing the bottom part of the chimney on, then cutting your wick in line with the top part of the bottom chimney deck.

EDIT: Okay just read through other posts and it has already been suggested. DOPE.

@dannler theses pics helped me http://m.imgur.com/a/zeCJY

It seems to work for me. It's more cotton than I had used before. But I'm getting more flavour, Vapour and so far no dry hits.
Before I always read to not use too much cotton. Now the coil is pretty surrounded, juice channels clear... And it's working.
i just tried that and the juice leaks out off my air hole after the first inhale. i also removed the center pin, and there is no restrictions

i just tried that and the juice leaks out off my air hole after the first inhale. i also removed the center pin, and there is no restrictions
usually when that happens its due to overfilling

unfortunately not, like i said previously, i gave a cruddy camera at the moment that doesnt have focus, so you will just see a blur

unfortunately not, like i said previously, i gave a cruddy camera at the moment that doesnt have focus, so you will just see a blur
it will be best to give advice if we can see pics of the current setup

blur pics are fine, we dont need to see them crystal clear, just enough to make out what is what

Back