Show us your Builds - Kayfun, Russians & Similar

Looking good there @Smokyg! I tried something similar on my Reo, as known by @vaalboy as the Paracoil.

Mine didn't come out looking this neat though. Also was wrapped on a 1.2 (32g Kanthal) will give this a go over the weekend hopefully

So, i was tired of twisting the wire but still want to use 2 strands to get a low resistance, so i created "The Twins Coil" Its 2 micro coils merged into one. Wrapped on 2mm driver, 6 wraps and comes to 0.5 Ohm

THis coil produces the best vapor production i have had to date. Caution, its extremely thirsty.

View attachment 3747 View attachment 3748 View attachment 3749 View attachment 3750 View attachment 3751 View attachment 3752 View attachment 3753 View attachment 3754 View attachment 3755
Nice Smokey! Looks awesome man!

Looking good there @Smokyg! I tried something similar on my Reo, as known by @vaalboy as the Paracoil.

Mine didn't come out looking this neat though. Also was wrapped on a 1.2 (32g Kanthal) will give this a go over the weekend hopefully

Interesting, and here i thought i was special.. LOL

@johan, its not bad at all, but nothing like the quad twisted 28 and 32 we made a while back..

I start to realize that the bigger the surface area of the coil/s the better the flavour, hence why the quad coils perform so well pertaining to flavour @Smokyg

Here was my pictorial on the "Para"
http://www.ecigssa.co.za/threads/side-by-side-dual-coil.1242/

I had to take apart my KFL+ to sort out the centre pin and decided to try out a twisted coil. Triple twisted 32G Kanthal, 11 wraps, ID 1.5mm, resistance 1.23ohm.

Since I do not currently have a drill, I decided to prove that you can build pretty much anything with LEGO :D
IMAG0187.jpg

The coil:
IMAG0189.jpg

Firing up:
IMAG0204.jpg

I am loving this coil!! The build was relatively pain free, the flavour is fantastic and it chucks vapour like nobody's business. TH is solid and smooth :cool:

The lego jig is ingenious. Well done man! Looks awesome and that is one sexy coil right there.

I had to take apart my KFL+ to sort out the centre pin and decided to try out a twisted coil. Triple twisted 32G Kanthal, 11 wraps, ID 1.5mm, resistance 1.23ohm.

Since I do not currently have a drill, I decided to prove that you can build pretty much anything with LEGO :D
View attachment 3829

The coil:
View attachment 3830

Firing up:
View attachment 3831

I am loving this coil!! The build was relatively pain free, the flavour is fantastic and it chucks vapour like nobody's business. TH is solid and smooth :cool:
Wow, that deserves something!

Me thinks I need to go look through my kids toys to find some Lego

Sent from my S4 LTE using my finger

Thank you for the compliments everyone :D It helps when you're learning from the best ;)

@Dr Evil Rather use it as an excuse to buy yourself some LEGO :p

Last edited:
Thank you for the compliments everyone :D It helps when you're learning from the best ;)

@Dr Evil Rather use it as an excuse to buy yourself some LEGO :p

My minister of finance might complain though, all my toys are expensive :eek:

Sent from my S4 LTE using my finger

Kflp 1.6 ohm @ 8.5W
a4ydy3y6.jpg

sy7y7uny.jpg

ramuqe2y.jpg

uje5ynav.jpg

7ehuhu9u.jpg

6emu6u2y.jpg

9uzevebu.jpg

uny4epu8.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Awesome stuff! Looks like you and @Hotti were busy this weekend! :D
Seeing a lot of coils! Awesome stuff guys!

He brought all his new toys for rebuilding and I even scored a Trident out of the deal. Great weekend and great braai. Spent the whole afternoon building coils.

2014-04-13-14.35.40.jpg 2014-04-13-14.09.33.jpg

Maybe not a coil master yet (no medal) but definitely coil marathon builder. :)

Back