Smok GPriv - My V2

TechnoSnakeMan

New Vaper
LV

Awards
So the OCD in me would simply not allow me to keep looking at the progressively deteriorating black paint job on my G-priv any longer.

I decided to take the plunge and attempt to silver it. I did not go the sandpaper route as I do not think the dust getting into the mod etc was a great idea. Also the bezel on the screen appears to be plastic and I believed it would in most probability get scratched in the process which would also be an eye sore, ultimately defeating the purpose. Despite not having a buffer pad I opted to paint strip, hand polish and buff to a shine.

The most difficult part was de-soldering the ground/negative wire of the 510 connector as it refused to come off. I eventually snipped it very close and re-soldered afterward. The battery contacts also required de-soldering. In total 3 wires has to be removed in order for the mod to be fully disassembled. The only "Oh $%^#*#" moment I had was when I accidentally burned off the battery removal strap with the soldering iron. I ended up using some lace I found among the wife's clothes (Don't ask. LOL)

I also learned that the fire bar is actually also zinc alloy and not plastic despite the fact that under the red paint it is white. Why SMOK would use primer (which didn't help keep the paint on anyway) on the fire bar and not the rest of the mod is also beyond me. Nonetheless I decided to not silver the firebar and instead wrapped it neatly in clear laminex.

However, I was pleasantly surprised that the internal aspect of the mod is very solid and well put together.

All in all it was well worth the few hours spent to bring on the bling, cool my eyes from SMOK's insufferable paint job and for me to focus on something else other than the things that bring on stress! 8--)

Attachments

• 20170326_122354.jpg
    20170326_122354.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 128
  • 20170326_122502.jpg
    20170326_122502.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 124
  • 20170327_152746.jpg
    20170327_152746.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 126
  • 20170327_152849.jpg
    20170327_152849.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 124
  • 20170324_224600.jpg
    20170324_224600.jpg
    329.7 KB · Views: 123
  • 20170325_022230.jpg
    20170325_022230.jpg
    534.3 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
So the OCD in me would simply not allow me to keep looking at the progressively deteriorating black paint job on my G-priv any longer.

I decided to take the plunge and attempt to silver it. I did not go the sandpaper route as I do not think the dust getting into the mod etc was a great idea. Also the bezel on the screen appears to be plastic and I believed it would in most probability get scratched in the process which would also be an eye sore, ultimately defeating the purpose. Despite not having a buffer pad I opted to paint strip, hand polish and buff to a shine.

The most difficult part was de-soldering the ground/negative wire of the 510 connector as it refused to come off. I eventually snipped it very close and re-soldered afterward. The battery contacts also required de-soldering. In total 3 wires has to be removed in order for the mod to be fully disassembled. The only "Oh $%^#*#" moment I had was when I accidentally burned off the battery removal strap with the soldering iron. I ended up using some lace I found among the wife's clothes (Don't ask. LOL)

I also learned that the fire bar is actually also zinc alloy and not plastic despite the fact that under the red paint it is white. Why SMOK would use primer (which didn't help keep the paint on anyway) on the fire bar and not the rest of the mod is also beyond me. Nonetheless I decided to not silver the firebar and instead wrapped it neatly in clear laminex.

However, I was pleasantly surprised that the internal aspect of the mod is very solid and well put together.

All in all it was well worth the few hours spent to bring on the bling, cool my eyes from SMOK's insufferable paint job and for me to focus on something else other than the things that bring on stress! 8--)

wow!!! a doilie !!!! dont know when last i saw one

wow!!! a doilie !!!! dont know when last i saw one

Hahaha. I knew someone would comment on that. Just didn't expect it so soon. LOL

In my defense I just bought the table (from the doilie days it appears) and it was thrown in for free. I hate it with a passion as it hurts my elbows but the wife wont allow me to remove it unless I replace it with something else.

Hahaha must admit it was my the 1st thing I noticed as well

GPriv looks Good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice looking mod

And nice doilie Technodoilieman

Dont worry @TechnoSnakeMan
We mean it with affection!

By the way, where did you get your forum name from?
Very unusual

Lol. Thats comforting.

Long story short I work in the IT industry and I am also an avid snake enthusiast doing rescues, shows, etc which earned me the obvious part of the title.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Oh my
What is it with this forum and all the snakes?
I dont like snakes but admire those who work with them.
Snakes give me the heebee jeebees. Lol

Oh my
What is it with this forum and all the snakes?
I dont like snakes but admire those who work with them.
Snakes give me the heebee jeebees. Lol
Its all in the mind. The fear of snakes is irrational in my opinion and not an instinctive one as most believe. Once you learn about and observe them you realise that they are actually very timid and shy animals.

I have caught many a wild snake that has never had human contact yet didn't even hiss at me let alone attempt to bite.

The more afraid they are the more likely they are to bite in defence. Only approximately 6 percent of South African snakes are actually venomous anyway and deaths from envenomations are very rare. In comparison dogs kill many more people annually than snakes.

Its all in the mind. The fear of snakes is irrational in my opinion and not an instinctive one as most believe. Once you learn about and observe them you realise that they are actually very timid and shy animals.

I have caught many a wild snake that has never had human contact yet didn't even hiss at me let alone attempt to bite.

The more afraid they are the more likely they are to bite in defence. Only approximately 6 percent of South African snakes are actually venomous anyway and deaths from envenomations are very rare. In comparison dogs kill many more people annually than snakes.

Thanks @TechnoSnakeMan
I hear you and i do know in my head that you are right

If I see a snake i am going to call you!

Nice work on the G Priv brother.
Mod looks amazing.

As for the snakes, ive never owned one but they dont freak me out that much, show me a big as$ spider and im out the door.... :)

Nice work on the G Priv brother.
Mod looks amazing.

As for the snakes, ive never owned one but they dont freak me out that much, show me a big as$ spider and im out the door.... :)
Thanx @Clouds4Days.

I have an adult mexican red tarantula that I have had since a sling. Far from tame though and thats my fault because of not handling at all let alone enough. When I try all I see is raised front legs
and fairly sized fangs

Thanx @Clouds4Days.

I have an adult mexican red tarantula that I have had since a sling. Far from tame though and thats my fault because of not handling at all let alone enough. When I try all I see is raised front legs
and fairly sized fangs

I have no idea what it looks like but if its red and a tarantula and from mexico then it must pack a punch in those fangs.

Please share pics, although im afraid the things intrigue me.

Does it show fingerprints easily?

Sent from the Edge

I have no idea what it looks like but if its red and a tarantula and from mexico then it must pack a punch in those fangs.

Please share pics, although im afraid the things intrigue me.

Quite contrary most large tarantula's have venom that is mild and actually comparable to bee venom. Of course if you are allergic then anaphylaxis is a concern.

An old picture, has grown considerably since then:

Attachments

• 1450260_10152111081093783_1798635849_n.jpg
    1450260_10152111081093783_1798635849_n.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 57
Quite contrary most large tarantula's have venom that is mild and actually comparable to bee venom. Of course if you are allergic then anaphylaxis is a concern.

An old picture, has grown considerably since then:

Holy smokes... How do you sleep at night knowing that beast is in your house? I'm sooo not a creepy crawly man... Snakes, spiders.... They scare the crap out of me!! I'm even allergic to bees

Back