Smok T-Priv 220W - Review

Carnival

Live. Chill. Vape.
ECIGSSA Donor
LV

Awards
My first Mod review!

As some of you know, I purchased the Smok T-Priv 220W mod and I’ve had it for 5 days now.

This is the box it comes in:

B58AA1C5-0BB6-4A13-BC7D-721A042B24AE.jpeg

This is what you get in the box:

• 1 T-Priv 220W Box Mod
  • 1 MicroUSB Cable
  • Instructional Manual

These are the specs:

• Dual High-Amp 18650 Batteries - Not Included
  • Max Wattage Output: 220W
  • Min Atomizer Resistance: 0.06ohm
  • Temperature Range: 200-600F
  • Supports Ni200 Nickel, Titanium, and Stainless Steel Heating Elements
  • Colorful LED Strips - Fully Customizable
  • Intuitive OLED Display
  • Full Display Matrix - Rich Data Feedback
  • Stealth Firing Bar Mechanism
  • Hinged Battery Cover
  • Intelligent Atomizer Recognition
  • Puff Monitoring System
  • 12 Seconds Cut-Off
  • Short Circuit Protection
  • Over-Heat Protection
  • Low Battery Warning
  • MicroUSB Port
  • 510 Connection

Now, on to the pics of the one I have:

13888392-D0F1-4004-87A6-279DD7EC42C7.jpeg
8B7FCC59-7D35-4E52-BF10-897B6390AEDC.jpeg
403551A2-509F-4217-8402-C6A4E74CE081.jpeg

I really love the look of the T-Priv in white/rainbow! More importantly it fits perfectly in my hand, and for me it’s super comfortable to hold. I like the position of the screen being on the top of the mod, as oppose to down the side like some of the other mods out there.

52200108-ED54-4943-85D6-1FC00ADED9C5.jpeg

The battery door is hinged, I like that it’s nice and secure. You slide it forward to open.

A3C24BDB-89C6-4210-B3E1-3DBFE30AD75D.jpeg

That’s not a chip, in the pic above (top right of the screen). I just haven’t removed the screen protector yet.

The screen is clear (though not a great pic so apologies for that) where it shows you all the necessary info. That bottom bar where it says 2.7 is the strength of the last puff taken.

As many know, the panels on the sides of the T-Priv light up in varying colours according to your choice. This is quite beautiful, even though it’s probably an unnecessary feature (unless you’re into the rave scene, then this mod is perfect for you. Lol). I imagine it will drain the battery life so personally, I leave it off.

I anticipate the bottom of the mod getting scratched through normal wear and tear, so I will probably end up getting a skin for my T-Priv. Time will tell how well (or not) the rest of the paint on the mod lasts.

I watched a YouTube video review on this mod, where the person mentioned it could be a bit of a pain when it comes to cleaning the T-Priv’s panels. You’ll likely need to grab one or two pointed cotton buds. I do agree, I’d say this is the only con I have about the mod.

I haven’t used temp control at this point, so I can’t comment on how it performs in TC mode.

Click the fire button 3 times to access settings for: Mode (watts/temp control), Puff (set a limit for the amount of puffs you can take, or reset puff count), Colour (turn on/off the light up feature of the side panels or change their colour), Settings (stealth, download firmware, adjust the ohm, adjust contrast, lock screen) and Power (obviously the on/off for the devise).

Apparently, stealth mode turns off your display? Not sure why anyone would need this feature..

I’ve been vaping quite a bit on my T-Priv - I use 2 Samsung 30Q 3000mah batteries in it. I get a full day’s worth of battery life and some. By the end of the day there is still about 30-35% battery life left. At this point I put a fully charged set in, I never run the batteries down completely. It seems like this mod is not a battery eater (of course, turning on the LED panels could change that).

Tanks I’ve used on my T-Priv: Nautilus 2, Nautilus X and my Hadaly RDA. All 3 work great on it without any issues so far.

Price - I managed to get it for R800 on sale from The Vape Guy. At that price, I’m happy.

To sum up, this mod is just a pleasure, and I’ve been thoroughly enjoying it. As someone who doesn’t have a lot of experience with vaping devises, I don’t find the T-Priv difficult or complicated to use. For me, it performs well, and that’s what I wanted. I also can’t find anything problematic about it so far (aside from cleaning the panels). Overall, I’d say it was a good buy.

Nice Review! I'm using the T-Priv at this moment and it was a good buy because i use my leakfree Geekvape Zeus on it have not got the cleaning issue.

You would be surprised i use mine with the full light display while vaping and don't really notice battery life much affected, they take very little power.

You would be surprised i use mine with the full light display while vaping and don't really notice battery life much affected, they take very little power.

Oh wow, that’s good to know! Thanks @Timwis

Great review @Carnival
Thanks for the efforts! And the pictures!

Its so awesome to read up on experiences of other vapers here on the forum when it comes to gear like this.

Very colourful mod and sounds good

Thanks for the great review, It looks like a great mod. I never had any issues with my Smok Alien and this looks like it could be a good replacement.

Thanks for the great review, It looks like a great mod. I never had any issues with my Smok Alien and this looks like it could be a good replacement.
Wouldn't be a bad choice, may also want to consider the Procolor. If you are not just interested in your replacement being a Smok i've just reviewed the Joyetech Espion and that's a cracking device.

Just wanted to update this review. Today, I noticed for the first time that the ohm reader is jumping between 0.23 and 0.33/0.34. Also, the vape sometimes feels a fair bit warmer than 23W, so I'll see how my wick holds up between this afternoon and tomorrow.

Just wanted to update this review. Today, I noticed for the first time that the ohm reader is jumping between 0.23 and 0.33/0.34. Also, the vape sometimes feels a fair bit warmer than 23W, so I'll see how my wick holds up between this afternoon and tomorrow.
The first thing to check when the resistance jumps around like that is your post screws, make sure they are tight. Then make sure all the contact areas are clean, not just visually clean, give everything a good wipe down with some paper towel. If it's still hopping around then your whole atty needs to be stripped down and thoroughly cleaned. Inconsistent resistance is mostly a funky connection somewhere along the line.

The first thing to check when the resistance jumps around like that is your post screws, make sure they are tight. Then make sure all the contact areas are clean, not just visually clean, give everything a good wipe down with some paper towel. If it's still hopping around then your whole atty needs to be stripped down and thoroughly cleaned. Inconsistent resistance is mostly a funky connection somewhere along the line.

Thank you @BumbleBee, I will do that! :)

Okay I cleaned my atty, put new coils in and a fresh wick.. made sure the post screws were tightened down properly.. and so far so good this evening! The ohm reader is holding steady at 0.21 ohms. I’m also not getting that warmer vape anymore, weird that even happened but so far it hasn’t repeated itself. :)

@Carnival ... Nice to see another Smok and Asmodus fan, got my Blitzen yesterday, initially could not stand the sight of the tank, now, absolutely enjoying the uniqueness of the design, just worried about the one bubble glass though...

Back