Smoking stinkies, eating and vaping

Lehan

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi all

When I used to smoke I hassled to eat early in the morning and when I became hungry during times unable to eat something, I smoked in order to stop feeling hungry.

Now that I vape, I can eat the moment I open my eyes and due to vaping not demping my hunger, I tend to eat allot more than usual.

I'm not really into snacking the whole day or eating allot of sweet things in general. Needless to say, this is causing me to pick up quite a bit of weight (not a bad thing at this stage)

Has anyone else experienced this or anything similar?

Sent from my Sony Z3 using Tapatalk

i was discussing this yesterday in a different thread. i definitely feel that smoking cigarettes suppressed my appetite and now that im vaping im always hungry... i used to have a pack of smokes, a coke and a bar one chocolate and that would keep me going for the whole day. now im making breakfast when i get up, ordering meals at 10am and again at 1pm to keep me going till i get home for supper.

come to thing about it, i think its time for a little snack :)

Yea I experienced the same. Definitely an approved appetite. Not really wanted though :)

I suppose it's due to ecigs not containing proven carcinogens that cigarettes have - your body is constantly fighting off these and leaving you not feeling hungry.

Like when you sick and your appetite always gets suppressed..

Sent from my SM-G928C using Tapatalk

Last edited:
True as you say guys, but I noticed that my coffee consumption has gone down dramatically. Was drinking 5 -6 cups per day, now only have one in morning. Conditioned response of tobacco taste and coffee? Would be interested to know if any other members have same experience. Have a great day all.

True as you say guys, but I noticed that my coffee consumption has gone down dramatically. Was drinking 5 -6 cups per day, now only have one in morning. Conditioned response of tobacco taste and coffee? Would be interested to know if any other members have same experience. Have a great day all.

I experienced the same - from 4 to 6 cups of strong coffee, I'm down to between 1 to 2 cups a day.

To be honest, I love vaping with a cup of coffee. It's just like smoking cigarettes with a cup of coffee except much "cleaner". So, no, my coffee intake has not decreased.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

I have to say I am the opposite. I snack less since I started vaping and I don't find myself hungry all the time. I do also eat a lot more healthier and @Andre will be happy to know I eat a fruit smoothie every day for lunch that keeps me full all afternoon. I also drink less coffee but love a proper coffee and vape in the morning and evening. I stopped drinking instant coffee and only drink filter coffee. And my fruit smoothies consist of some frozen mango and strawberry and some spinach with plain yogurt and ice. Plus since stopping smoking I have more energy and I have actually lost 3kgs over the Xmas holidays.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Actually now you mention it my coffee intake has dropped alot too, and I thought it was just cause of the hot weather but true I think it too has to do with the fact of the combination of smoking and drinking coffee. Well spotted

I never drank coffee while smoking. Always worked after coffee to not spoil my ciggie's taste. I have exploded and gained almost 10kg over the last few months. When preparing a meal for myself, I use a minimum of 500g meat :wasntme: had more energy initially, but that has gone it seems. Back to being useless and tired.

Back to being useless and tired.

I LOL'd

I dont drink coffee at all so can't comment on that but I am almost never hungry these days, actually have to force myself to eat. I have lost about 5kg's since I started vaping, still have alot to go though

I never drank coffee while smoking. Always worked after coffee to not spoil my ciggie's taste. I have exploded and gained almost 10kg over the last few months. When preparing a meal for myself, I use a minimum of 500g meat :wasntme: had more energy initially, but that has gone it seems. Back to being useless and tired.
I enjoyed the first week of giving up smoking. Think I gave up about 5 time. That first week I would clock 100 work hours. Couldnt sleep, was up at 4 am felt like I had the energy to climb kilimanjaro.

I've always been a glutton but thanks for giving me something to blame it on now:D

Co workers : "Dude why do you eat so much ?"
Me : "Duh:wondering:, it's cos I vape"

Hi all

When I used to smoke I hassled to eat early in the morning and when I became hungry during times unable to eat something, I smoked in order to stop feeling hungry.

Now that I vape, I can eat the moment I open my eyes and due to vaping not demping my hunger, I tend to eat allot more than usual.

I'm not really into snacking the whole day or eating allot of sweet things in general. Needless to say, this is causing me to pick up quite a bit of weight (not a bad thing at this stage)

Has anyone else experienced this or anything similar?

Interesting point you raise @Lehan

Suppose everyone is a bit different

I lost weight when I switched to vaping
But i think it was also because i became a bit more "health aware". For me, vaping is a healthier lifestyle and I end up trying to do other healthy things more often.

Also, I missed several delicious meals because I was too busy building coils - lol

Same here! Neither me or my twin brother @Casper has breakfast or lunch, we both only eat dinner. We are both struggling to get of the stinkies still, but we have both cut down drastically on them due to vaping. I have to say, I do get hungry now during the day!

Come to think of it......... I need a pie!!!!!!!! :rolleyes::D:-D

Last edited:
I use to weigh 60kg, I'm 1.8 meters tall so I was rather skinny until I started with my first twisp. Mind you this is roughly over a year and a half ago, I used to look like a stick lol and always struggled to pick up weight. Now I'm, 78kg's and I have a stomach haha, I work night shift and coming from at least 5 cups a night (huge cup) I don't even bother with coffee anymore. I rarely drink tea and my energy levels have spiked, I no longer need coffee to stay awake till 6am.

One thing I'm sure everyone can agree with is that food tastes frikken awesome now that you no longer smoke!

:rock: due to the aforementioned sentence I'm slowly starting to resemble a bompie :rofl:

For me it was the opposite.

I would always wake up, put the kettle on and make toast, then sit with the toast, coffee and smoke and chill.

I now find myself not having coffee everyday and also only eat at around lunch time..

I have not had a coffee today, and probably won't. And as far as food goes, i woke up at 9AM and only had a sandwich at around 2PM and nothing since.. I just don't crave food so i'm not in the mood to get or make any.

I was convinced at one point that the sugar in the VG was making me fat dammit I had a 6pack before I started vaping. Now I've gone fat. At one point I wanted to start smoking again so I could lose weight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe all these accounts on this thread, but just to put things into perspective: nicotine is a well documented apetite surpressant. There should be no reason why your apetite should increase if you stop smoking cigarettes but continue to vape, the exception being that you are consuming much LESS nicotine that you did when you smoked cigarettes. I feel like I am still consuming a relatively high amount of nicotine while vaping hence there being no changes I'm my apetite.

I believe all these accounts on this thread, but just to put things into perspective: nicotine is a well documented apetite surpressant. There should be no reason why your apetite should increase if you stop smoking cigarettes but continue to vape, the exception being that you are consuming much LESS nicotine that you did when you smoked cigarettes. I feel like I am still consuming a relatively high amount of nicotine while vaping hence there being no changes I'm my apetite.

I agree to a certain extent. I am now on mainly 0nic juice. but I find the fact that I am vaping desert type vapes it tricks my brain into thinking that I am eating sweets but in fact I am just vaping it.

Incidentally, nicotine is a very interesting drug. Besides stroking the same neuro receptors as cocaine, hence being just as addictive as cocaine, it is both a stimulant and a relaxant. Short quick puffs have a stimulatory effect while long, slow, deep drags have a sedative effect. True story?

Incidentally, nicotine is a very interesting drug. Besides stroking the same neuro receptors as cocaine, hence being just as addictive as cocaine, it is both a stimulant and a relaxant. Short quick puffs have a stimulatory effect while long, slow, deep drags have a sedative effect. True story?

The research shows that nicotine is not addictive at all. E.g., not one non-smoker injected with nicotine (for research on Alzheimers, Parkinsons, etc) became dependent on nicotine after the fact. Many articles posted on here about that.

The research shows that nicotine is not addictive at all. E.g., not one non-smoker injected with nicotine (for research on Alzheimers, Parkinsons, etc) became dependent on nicotine after the fact. Many articles posted on here about that.

And my understanding @Andre is that its all the chemicals added into the cigarettes which help spike the nicotine and the chemistry in the brain, which is what one gets addicted to - and not the nicotine itself.

But am no expert on this, just what I've read

And my understanding @Andre is that its all the chemicals added into the cigarettes which help spike the nicotine and the chemistry in the brain, which is what one gets addicted to - and not the nicotine itself.

@Silver I am also no expert. However from personal experience I was a pipe smoker years ago. I only smoked pure unadulterated tobacco. I was completely addicted. I also used pure snuff for a while instead of cigarettes. It filled the nicotine gap effectively and was also addicting. So, ja....nicotine is without doubt addictive. In the mornings I crave a vape. After a few clouds I feel deeply, physically satisfied.

I disagree I was a heavy smoker for years. In less than a day I quit the stickies completely, I don't get cravings at all for a smoke. I can go about 5hours without vaping and no itching, panicking feeling to have to smoke immediately. All tobacco products are treated with some kind of chemical and additives. I watched an episode on discovery about tobacco a short while ago where the cigarette, cigar and chewing and pipe tobacco companies showed what they put in their products. Of all the stinkies on the market cigars are the least processed item on the list with cigarettes the highest but ALL tobacco products are treated to some degree

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Yes, as I understand it too. Thus, as smokers we have been conditioned by all the ingredients in tobacco to want nicotine. As vapers our need decreases over time - as has been abundantly shown on this and other forums - all vapers go down in nicotine - some do it quickly some take longer. The only exception to this rule might be a new vaper still finding the correct level for his/her needs. As the experts will tell you, for anything to be classified as addictive you need to have more and more thereof over time, which is not the case with nicotine when vaped.

Back