So I'm taking the Reo P67 leap

RenaldoRheeder

Vaping Addict
LV

Awards
With my one year vaping anniversary coming up in April, I still have one box to tick : The dreaded Mech Mod.

So I pulled the trigger last night on a Reo P67 from @Rob Fisher. Now I have to get ready and prepare for what I have been avoiding for a long time. Luckily I know that I am in safe hands here on ECIGSSA.

Any pointers and references are welcome and greatly appreciated already. I am in sponge mode and ready for maximum absorption.

Sent by iDad's iPhone

Currently saving up to take the mech mod leap myself so this is going to be very useful... ps congratulations on the Reo Sir

With my one year vaping anniversary coming up in April, I still have one box to tick : The dreaded Mech Mod.

So I pulled the trigger last night on a Reo P67 from @Rob Fisher. Now I have to get ready and prepare for what I have been avoiding for a long time. Luckily I know that I am in safe hands here on ECIGSSA.

Any pointers and references are welcome and greatly appreciated already. I am in sponge mode and ready for maximum absorption.

Sent by iDad's iPhone
Congrats buddy
I am glad you took it as I was itching to pull the trigger ;)

Sent from the abyss

If you ever order from Amazon then grab yourself some Deoxit Gold. Get the little bottle with the lid with brush. It lasts forever and painting the contacts stops arching and keeps your REO hitting hard.

You may want a soft silicone bottle rather than the standard bottle. But I added one to your parcel so don't go buy till you have tested both bottles to see which one you prefer.

All you need is an RDA and some juice and you are set!

I would not be too concerned about the battery venting or blowing up in your face @RenaldoRheeder.
The Reo as apposed to other mechs has a bit of safety in that regard.
The spring at the bottom of the battery will collapse if you draw too much current. The battery will drop and the circuit will be opened.

Saying that, I have never had that problem....yet. Just keep your builds above 0.3ohm to be on the safe side.
I MTL and I think my lowest build is about 0.6ohm.

I would not be too concerned about the battery venting or blowing up in your face @RenaldoRheeder.
The Reo as apposed to other mechs has a bit of safety in that regard.
The spring at the bottom of the battery will collapse if you draw too much current. The battery will drop and the circuit will be opened.

Saying that, I have never had that problem....yet. Just keep your builds above 0.3ohm to be on the safe side.
I MTL and I think my lowest build is about 0.6ohm.

@GregF - easier said than done - I am a model so I must always be concerned about my biggest asset: my gorgeous looks

I normally build higher anyway - lowest that I build is normally 0.6

Sent by iDad's iPhone

@GregF - easier said than done - I am a model so I must always be concerned about my biggest asset: my gorgeous looks

I normally build higher anyway - lowest that I build is normally 0.6

Sent by iDad's iPhone

So if the spring has that feature, should I be getting some spare ones? What other spares should I be keeping? (I am not near vape shops, so I have to plan these things properly

Sent by iDad's iPhone

Oh wow @RenaldoRheeder
Congrats on that and wishing you well for it!!

My advice is to get a nice atty for it
To me a Reo is classic. Its all about building the right coil and positioning it perfectly in the atty to give you the optimal vape. For the right juice.

For me the Reo with its single battery is not about power but rather getting that perfect balance between enough vaping vigour, flavour accuracy and battery life.

Its a marvellous journey and the vape on a mech is glorious

Enjoy

I would recommend that you get at least one spring, couple of magnets, a strike plate and a positive contact.
You could get a P67 repair kit that has most of those items in it including a bottle and tube.
Get a few magnets, they are cheap enough and if one happens to pop out they are a ***** to find.
If you plan on stripping (totally) the P67 from time to time to clean it then you should also get a spring screw and a Stainless Center Post.
You have the Gold slotted door, you might be interested in the Gold Solid door to change things a bit.
There is a group buy happening if you are interested.

[edit] OK you are in Nigeria, maybe for when you are back in SA

Oh wow @RenaldoRheeder
Congrats on that and wishing you well for it!!

My advice is to get a nice atty for it
To me a Reo is classic. Its all about building the right coil and positioning it perfectly in the atty to give you the optimal vape. For the right juice.

For me the Reo with its single battery is not about power but rather getting that perfect balance between enough vaping vigour, flavour accuracy and battery life.

Its a marvellous journey and the vape on a mech is glorious

Enjoy

Thanks @Silver. I can understand why the build on a mech is much more important than on a regulated mod. I can see a lot of experimentation in my future.

Is the selection process of the atty different on a mech? Are there attys that are better suited to mechs?

I normally use Samsung 30Q batteries. Are there better suited batteries that I should consider?

Sent by iDad's iPhone

Thanks @Silver. I can understand why the build on a mech is much more important than on a regulated mod. I can see a lot of experimentation in my future.

Is the selection process of the atty different on a mech? Are there attys that are better suited to mechs?

I normally use Samsung 30Q batteries. Are there better suited batteries that I should consider?

Sent by iDad's iPhone
30Q are fine and at you build resistance they will last a while as well.

Sent by iDad's iPhone
@RenaldoRheeder , do not stress, I remember when I got my first Reo, I fire it with my arm behind the half closed door. Now I almost vape mech squonkers almost exclusively. Just check your atty on a coil tab for shorts and try to keep your build above 0.2 ohm's then you are ready to rumble. I have found that the Sony VTC 5a batteries works perfect on a P67.

Also, any BF Atty will do. You just need to find what you like.
For me it was small chamber, RM2, OL16 and Cylcone

Sent by iDad's iPhone

I think the atty choice is very important but very personal
My favourites on my Reo are RM2 for MTL and Nuppin and OL16 for restricted lung hit
I keep my builds to above about 0.4
And i am using the LG chocs - for a bit more capacity. They work nicely
Those 30Qs should be fine for similar resistances to me. I think its 20A CDR. Just check the latest Mooch table. I saw someone posted it in the battery section. I think @antonherbst did.

You get guys vaping on mechs with very low ohm builds and stressing their batteries out with monstrous coils on big air atties for big clouds. But to me thats not what the Reo is about. I like to get a coil that gives enough vape intensity but where the battery lasts roughly the duration of the juice bottle.

As for atty choice its so personal. I would say go for a smaller chamber flavour atty.

I would recommend that you get at least one spring, couple of magnets, a strike plate and a positive contact.
You could get a P67 repair kit that has most of those items in it including a bottle and tube.
Get a few magnets, they are cheap enough and if one happens to pop out they are a ***** to find.
If you plan on stripping (totally) the P67 from time to time to clean it then you should also get a spring screw and a Stainless Center Post.
You have the Gold slotted door, you might be interested in the Gold Solid door to change things a bit.
There is a group buy happening if you are interested.

[edit] OK you are in Nigeria, maybe for when you are back in SA

Let me look at this and I’ll send you a PM shortly - thanks @GregF

BTW - I build up stashes while I am in Nigeria and collect when I come back to SA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congratulations @RenaldoRheeder , I tried one and immediately started a save for a Reo fund! Got a Coppervape squonker to practice on in the meantime. It really is a special machine, and the scare only lasts for the first build and toot. After that it is just our pleasure.

@RenaldoRheeder i cant really add anything to what you would need, it has all been covered by the people before this post.

But i can say you will for sure enjoy the reo build quality and the ease of maintaining it. If you like the more restricted vape then i would say sa hadaley is in my opinion a top choice atty.

I just make sure my coils are above the 0,5 ohm mark and that i “grease” the contacts. Then all is fine and dandy.

And lastly.

Welcome to the reonaut family.

Back