Subox Mini - Lung hit setup failing.

So just an update as to what was happening.

It was really not sitting well with me. I kept wondering if my expectations were off or if there was actually a problem.
So last night I took that RBA out and very carefully put a wick in that sucker according to the great tutorials by helpful members like @Andre & @TheLongTwitch .

I managed not to screw it up. Primed it, Slammed some max VG joose in there and BAM!
Flavorsplozion. No burning, no spitting, no bull, no problem.
Even rammed the Watts up till that suckers was hotter than the devils balls, smooth ride.

So I'm going to say that the 0.5 OCC is a dud.

So just an update as to what was happening.

It was really not sitting well with me. I kept wondering if my expectations were off or if there was actually a problem.
So last night I took that RBA out and very carefully put a wick in that sucker according to the great tutorials by helpful members like @Andre & @TheLongTwitch .

I managed not to screw it up. Primed it, Slammed some max VG joose in there and BAM!
Flavorsplozion. No burning, no spitting, no bull, no problem.
Even rammed the Watts up till that suckers was hotter than the devils balls, smooth ride.

So I'm going to say that the 0.5 OCC is a dud.
Great stuff, you will be saving yourself a heap of money on OCC coils. To buy other vape gear and juices, of course:).

Hey Guys and Gals,

So I've had my subox for a bit now. I started on MTL hits and am trying to move to Lung Hits now. For some reason however I think I am messing up the config of my subox for this because it's been a bad experience.

If someone could help me out I'd be forever grateful as I have 0 vaping friends.

The MTL loadout:

World Wonders Colloseum 6mg (70VG/30PG I think)
Mod: 1.5Ω OCC @ 18W
Airflow: Smallest setting.

Result:
Super cool, clean and crisp MTL hits. Lot's of flavor. Decent Cloud.
Due to the large drip tip it makes MTL annoying.

The Lung loadout:

World Wonders Colloseum 6mg (70VG/30PG I think)
Mod: 0.5Ω OCC @ 20-35W
Airflow: Half of largest setting.
I've tride ramping up slowly from 18W to 35W but no dice.

Result:
Nice warm vape. a very high lack of flavor. Harsh on the throat unless I draw super carefully.
Monster clouds (compared to MTL anyway).
Taste slightly burnt but don't think it dry hits. I primed it well and let it soak before hitting.

The bastard spit back like cobra at first but that has died down.
I've been at this for more than a day now but not sure what to do. General reading and videos led me to believe that sub ohm lung it were superior in taste.

Thanks in advance for any help.
G
A lot of the time I find the cobra effect is a build up of vape liquid in the tip or vents a good clean can help with this and more air flow for a lung hit to cool the vape down so it's not so harsh

No joke. Switch to dripping/squonking with sub ohm and your world will change.

Back