SX Mini ??

O' no I agree fully!

Just removed so that there is no confusion on what's what. Once we have received them we will start our own thread. Thus giving @KieranD the full opportunity of utilising this thread for his sales pitch. I'm not miff nor do I see anyone else as being miff. :) All good and appreciate the help. I don't want to hijack a thread my old pal @KieranD can profit from.

BTW - I do understand and appreciate all the help from you guys. (Sometimes people read into text a bit differently than what is actually being portrayed by the chap typing)

I also got a quote from Yihi just a couple minutes ago and @KieranD is on Par :) ... as if anyone ever had their doubts.

...and yes ... I just ate my words ! They are clones. When I started to question if they could provide certification of any sort they removed it from my quotation.

Yihi makes you sign a contract that you HAVE to sell them at a specific retail price as well if you don't get that you on to a clone....be very careful!

I believe we confirmed their clones. Even the vendor selling them pulled out once I started asking questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is probably illegal.

To me it does sound like price fixing but I know Sennheiser SA do the same? Although I know nothing on the topic.

All this talk about the sx mini though... Gets me hot under the collar ;)

I've read somewhere on ecf where people bought them cheaper and yihi didn't honour their warranty if it was bought cheaper then recommended selling price

That is probably illegal.

Interesting, I know I got the document that stated I have to sell it at a minimum price of $** and if I don't they just won't supply it to me any longer.

Interesting, I know I got the document that stated I have to sell it at a minimum price of $** and if I don't they just won't supply it to me any longer.

How will they know what u sold it for

You can be reported by other vendors...

I do not see the issue here.
We have a premium product in the SX Mini M-Class. A MAP (Minimum Advertise Price) just retains this premium to the product. Everyone is aware of the price wars currently in the USA. How would you feel having gone into your local Vape store and purchased a device for $200.00 only to find someone selling it at $150.00 online? How does the B&M compete with some guy selling out of his bedroom? MAP's just level the playing field for both retailers and end-users.
Just have a look how they have retained their value on the second hand market and you will see that this is the perfect example of MAP's working correctly and retaining the premium status of the product

Last edited:
I'd be interested to know Andre - seems that it's happening a lot. I was told that Apple do the same
Sounds like price binding to me, but I have been out of that field for too long to really deliver a credible opinion.
What @KieranD says above may sound good, but what has happened to shopping around for the best price - like we all do. It happens quite a lot that I pay X for a product just to find it cheaper at another place just the next day or just a few days later cheaper at the same place. That is free market and competition. The MAP is a safeguard for retailers maybe, but certainly not for consumers. They only lose in the long run.

I'm quite ignorant on the TC topic and hardware relating to TC. Is the SX Mini the best TC Mod out there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like price binding to me, but I have been out of that field for too long to really deliver a credible opinion.
What @KieranD says above may sound good, but what has happened to shopping around for the best price - like we all do. It happens quite a lot that I pay X for a product just to find it cheaper at another place just the next day or just a few days later cheaper at the same place. That is free market and competition. The MAP is a safeguard for retailers maybe, but certainly not for consumers. They only lose in the long run.

Not true :)
Remember a Minimum Advertised Price is exactly that - an advertised price. I can discount it for a customer should I so choose - but I may not publicly announce that.
Perfect example of this is the Auto Trade. Go to the first BMW Dealership. Price the vehicle you wish to purchase (example 320i base model no extras for say R300 000.00) but the dealership offers you a R3000.00 discount. Price is still advertised at R300 000.00. What happens next, you go to dealership #2 and get the same quote of R300 000.00 but they will throw in on-road costs of R3900.00 for arguments sake. End of the day, the price is still the same at both places (R300 000.00) but each dealer will sweeten the deal in however way they choose. It could be in discounts, value-adds, etc. Where you choose to buy the car is your decision. Some people will still buy it without discount or add ons just because they trust the dealer and the service they get from them.
Pricing is not always everything

Price fixing is completely illegal. They can have RRP that's all.

Sent from my SM-N910H using Tapatalk

The SX350 range are not for sale to manufacturers in China. It either comes from YiHi in an SX Mini or it's a product produced in the west.

Back