SXK BILLET BOX - Reviews & Discussions

ok so my experience thus far,
tried the insider first and it took me 3 attempts to get the wicking correct. after that it was smooth sailing.... got reasonable flavor etc.
tried the exocet and that worked first time like a charm .... between the two I don't think there is much. still need to play around with the coil placement etc. to get optimal flavor. for now the reload beats it in the flavor dpmnt but that is probably down to user error.

both coils were with Ni80 3mm ID and abt 0.6ohm... so far very happy with purchase as a compact vape

Less than 24 hours till my pickup! Watching this threat closely to try understand as much as possible before the thing comes! By the looks of it, I should take a week off work to get things right.

Less than 24 hours till my pickup! Watching this threat closely to try understand as much as possible before the thing comes! By the looks of it, I should take a week off work to get things right.
I'm rebuilding tonight - want me to take some pics of wick&wire?

I'm rebuilding tonight - want me to take some pics of wick&wire?
Please could you! Would really appreciate it! All I want is good flavour, considered getting the skyclone by coppervape but man, I want this billet so badly

Please could you! Would really appreciate it! All I want is good flavour, considered getting the skyclone by coppervape but man, I want this billet so badly
Sure thing!
I still need to decide whether I'm going to do a Ni80 fused clapton, or Ni80 roundwire. Hmmm.

I haven't been following this thread or others about the BB so I may have missed it but I didn't know that the Kayfun V5 MTL reducers were compatible with the BB atty to make it full on MTL, anyone using it that way?

Yup, me, two of them. I use the smallest reducer on both SXK BBs, you will have to spread the legs of the reducer a bit, but then it works like a charm. Really, really good M2L vaping.

Whaaaaaat a thing!!!the guy I bought is from built ni80 fused Claptons into the Exocet and it's brilliant! LOVE I TELL YOU! Love

Attachments

• IMG_6130.JPG
    IMG_6130.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 64
Ok so I left the fused Claptons in, re wicked it... dropped the ohms on the coil from .55 to .47 for some reason after juicing her up. Used kendo :( as it was all I had left and was scared for cotton taste... dropped some element watermelon chill in and took a puff.

First pull was great, loads of flavour! Second pull the same... got to my fifth and I get a metalish taste, not very distinct but I taste metal!

Currently leaving it for a bit and will try hitting it again in an hour!

Hope I can get hits like my first few coz man alive! That's all I've wanted from a device!

Attachments

• IMG_6131.JPG
    IMG_6131.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_6132.JPG
    IMG_6132.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 69
Ok so I need some help, spent the whole day with the bb and vaped elements watermelon chill and loved it, metallic taste vanished... I then had xxx which is also a menthol and the flavour wasn't pulling through, wicked it exactly the same for the different juices... went on and tried another fruity juice(home made) and also the flavour profile wasn't coming through.

Should I be vaping desserts on the BB or whats up? I absolutely loved my first tank! Vapours tongue maybe?

wicking like a fish tank

Attachments

• 20170730_114952.jpg
    20170730_114952.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 56
Ok. So the lack of flavour was pissing me off on my build. Ripped it out and put in NI80 2.5mm 0.46ohm and voila the hype becomes real. Wicks lekker and the flavor is really good.

Btw. Using the exocet :)

Ok. So the lack of flavour was pissing me off on my build. Ripped it out and put in NI80 2.5mm 0.46ohm and voila the hype becomes real. Wicks lekker and the flavor is really good.

Btw. Using the exocet :)
What gauge did you use?
I'm really keen to get some Ni80 wire. I've been using SS316 26ga for just about everything lately. Ni80 sounds interesting. Will try either 24ga or 26ga

What gauge did you use?
I'm really keen to get some Ni80 wire. I've been using SS316 26ga for just about everything lately. Ni80 sounds interesting. Will try either 24ga or 26ga
24ga. so far i use that on all my setups

Need to have a look at the flatwire variants though

24ga. so far i use that on all my setups

Need to have a look at the flatwire variants though
Cool. I think I shall pick up some 24ga Ni80 during the week and give that a bash.
I'm sure at the very least my Peerless will love that stuff.

I haven't had the greatest experience with flatwire personally.
Tried some on the Exocet and the Pulse. I was underwhelmed and noticed an immediate improvement when I switched over to standard round wire.

Cool. I think I shall pick up some 24ga Ni80 during the week and give that a bash.
I'm sure at the very least my Peerless will love that stuff.

I haven't had the greatest experience with flatwire personally.
Tried some on the Exocet and the Pulse. I was underwhelmed and noticed an immediate improvement when I switched over to standard round wire.
Thanks. Will keep that in mind

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Hey guys!

Is it just me, or do all of you guys have a problem with you battery wraps tearing while taking the battery out of your BB?

Is there a way I can fix this :D

Hey guys!

Is it just me, or do all of you guys have a problem with you battery wraps tearing while taking the battery out of your BB?

Is there a way I can fix this :D
Not just you. The negative plate protrudes too much. Use pliers to flatten it (just put some paper towels or something between the pliers so that you don't scratch the top of the mod). You gotta squeeze it really hard a few times to get it to bend back a bit.

Then, always insert your battery positive end first. Take it out negative end first. (Use a band around the battery near the negative end, makes it much easier)

Not just you. The negative plate protrudes too much. Use pliers to flatten it (just put some paper towels or something between the pliers so that you don't scratch the top of the mod). You gotta squeeze it really hard a few times to get it to bend back a bit.

Then, always insert your battery positive end first. Take it out negative end first. (Use a band around the battery near the negative end, makes it much easier)

Thanks! I'll try that now :)

Yup, me, two of them. I use the smallest reducer on both SXK BBs, you will have to spread the legs of the reducer a bit, but then it works like a charm. Really, really good M2L vaping.

Thanks bud that's good news, just to make sure since I don't see any other brands, are you using the authentic? I remember the authentic didn't fit the clone V5's originally so the size was a bit different..

I have spend the day reading the relevant forums full of information - some confusing and some contradicting, but to each his/her own.

I have come to the conclusion that the SXK Exocet is the most suitable pairing. I am still not sure if all problems have been sorted out with the exocet. I have seen some posts that there has been improvements with the latest batch (I see Sir Vape has stock). Here is my challenge - I'm only going to be in SA for two weeks and won't have much time to sort out problems before I return again and only be back in December. Is it "safe" to take the jump at this stage - what do you think?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have spend the day reading the relevant forums full of information - some confusing and some contradicting, but to each his/her own.

I have come to the conclusion that the SXK Exocet is the most suitable pairing. I am still not sure if all problems have been sorted out with the exocet. I have seen some posts that there has been improvements with the latest batch (I see Sir Vape has stock). Here is my challenge - I'm only going to be in SA for two weeks and won't have much time to sort out problems before I return again and only be back in December. Is is "safe" to take the jump at this stage - what do you think?

It depends, I guess. It's a bit luck-of-the-draw with the Exocet. I've had two bad ones, and one okay one. The SXK BB itself is fine, the Insider is probably fine too (just a ***** to wick correctly), the SXK Exocet is where it's a bit of a gamble. Many people have no issues - sure. But many others do, so yknow. It's probably 50/50.

I have come to the conclusion that the SXK Exocet is the most suitable pairing. I am still not sure if all problems have been sorted out with the exocet. I have seen some posts that there has been improvements with the latest batch (I see Sir Vape has stock). Here is my challenge - I'm only going to be in SA for two weeks and won't have much time to sort out problems before I return again and only be back in December. Is it "safe" to take the jump at this stage - what do you think?

Take the jump!

Back