Temp Sensing Check in

Hey all, noob here! this is my first post so go easy on me lol.
Got the heatvape invader mini with TC and was running 2.4mm diameter 28g nickel coil at 0.16ohm on my lemo 2. The TC feature definitely seems to work however I'm noticing flavor(DIY vanilla custard) tasting abit weird, been through 3 tanks and still tasting wonky but not exactly terrible. Hoping to find out if that is normal. Also I'm getting super inconsistent hits in flavour. Vapor production seems the same though. Started off running at 300 degrees celsius eventually going up to the max 600 degrees and it seems to put out better flavor and vape the higher I go. the invader mini seems to lock the resistance of the coil automatically or atleast according to the display that's what it does. The major buzz kill of all is that after 1 or 2 good hits the wattage drops down to like single digits and you can forget about tasting any flavor, atleast for a few good minutes while I'm assuming it needs to cool down. No dry hits though since TC works as i said. Just need to know if this is what you gotta put up with on TC devices.
What am i getting wrong here? should i go for titanium wire as some posts suggests its much better? don't even know where I'm going to get it from but yeah. I'm back on my trusted kanthal build and starting to doubt the benefits of this TC feature.

Any advice? :wondering:
When I first got in to t.c. I encountered the inevitable snags and was informed about twisted 28s (twisting Kantian and nickel ) and it seems to stabilize things a bit and improve flavor. If you've never tried this method I strongly suggest it.Good luck on the vapeing journey.

Got a zephyrus for 2 weeks now. Awesome tank. No issues at all. Wasnt impressed too much with tc. But will give the ni200 twisted with kanthal a go. Ive got both in 28g. What duel coils with this mix should get me at about 0.18Ω.?

Sent from my LG-D802

Last edited:
IMG_5607.JPG
VS DNA40 - super stealthy, cool little mod. So far, my week of temp sensing (in the evenings) has been pretty good. Less problems than I thought I'd have and pretty much works as advertised. Nickel coils weren't as difficult as I thought either. So far anyway.

I agree - awesome little bugger. I've been using mine since last week Wednesday and loving it. Tomorrow i get my second one from Sir Vape :rock::inlove:

Just one thing..is your fire button as rattly as mine ?

SX mini checking in...
TC.jpg
Dual Coil: 26g Ni200, 2.5 id, 10 wraps = 0.08ohm

Thanks for the reply - I'm really looking for a dripper with a tank (but no The Big Dripper haha) - or similar airflow to the Atlantis v2
Airflow (and flavor for that matter) on the Billow v2 is great, you will not be dissapointed.

Nice! How is the airflow on the Billow V2?

Hi, I'm more mouth to lung (80%) but for the Billow I'll make an exception. Still playing around with the airflow and the Sx menu. All I can say is at my usual 12 mg at wide open and 40 Joules made my head spin, have to down the Nic when going full throttle. Otherwise, amazing atty, first dual nickel coil was a success and the flavour is excellent. Highly recommendable atty.

Back