The hype is (not so) real!

What’s this RTA hating :p

For me, I started with RDAs. Then I ventured into RTAs (despite my apprehension about them) and I actually prefer them now.

I have to agree with you. I started my journey on Clearomizers moved to RDA's and I have settled on RTA's. I love my Reload, Zeus, Kylin, etc.
I tend to ignore the hype and only buy the stuff I can test beforehand.
So me buying new gear becomes quite the process.

But as you said, I don't understand the hate...

What I have found overrated over the years was all Smok products, Twisp in general (overrated and insanely overpriced)
I hated the Kanger Dripbox 160 and I couldn't stand NCV Trinity. I know, I'm satan. I generally like NCV juices, but trinity? Nah.
Also Frosteez, TKO juice (They all taste the same, which is sugar)
Nowadays I buy international juices exclusively because the above. With a bit of creative accounting you can make yourself believe that it works out cheaper than local juices per 30ml.
Don't get me wrong, I love local and we've come a long way.

Will probably take some flack for this but here we go:
Squonking.
Temperature control.
Squonking using temperature control.
Zeus RTA. (it's good but I have to admit I am a bit underwhelmed).

Maybe I'll get death threats for this!:D
But RSVP I hate it and can't see why people love this juice? I can't vape the stuff, it's nasty! But the SNLV, SNLV ICE, SODA Somthing and HAVANA NIGHTS, can't get better just the one!

can't agree about the trinity.I tried it didn't like it and then vaped it because i bought it and then the bottle was empty and I missed it.tasted like grape seeds at first but the flavour mellowed out after opening... I think or maybe me getting used to it.will buy it again

can't agree about the trinity.I tried it didn't like it and then vaped it because i bought it and then the bottle was empty and I missed it.tasted like grape seeds at first but the flavour mellowed out after opening... I think or maybe me getting used to it.will buy it again
NCV Trinity was the third juice I ever bought and I remember liking it. Mind you this was a year and a half ago and I only bought it once more after that first time because I went into DIY but I don't remember it tasting bad. But then again I was vaping on an istick 60w with a Melo 2 tank so yeah...

NCV Trinity was the third juice I ever bought and I remember liking it. Mind you this was a year and a half ago and I only bought it once more after that first time because I went into DIY but I don't remember it tasting bad. But then again I was vaping on an istick 60w with a Melo 2 tank so yeah...
Didn't taste bad I just got some grape seed taste,but I will buy it again as I like it.

Sent from my VF-696 using Tapatalk

I'm not alone with Frosteez. I feel so much better now. But now I am gonna throw one in which I might get some attacks for... Trinity. Been there, done that and, well, meh. I have had better fruities. Alas, same goes for SNLV as well. (Do I need to hire a bodyguard after those comments?)

Then as for hardware, the Reload to be honest. I expected sooo much more, but honestly my Manta out performs it when it comes to creams and desserts (my preferred flavourings) though it was better with fruits (which I vape only when I really, really have to).
The Zeus. All the hype but did not deliver. Not for me.
Squonking. I even have a Goon, so it should be a awesome experience. Again, my Manta delivers flavour in buckets, but not so much with squonking.

Then I am sad to see so many on the Serpent. I have a Serpent Mini 25 and I love it! I sold my Zeus, I sold my Reload and though I do not use my Serpent very often, I could not get myself to sell it as it gave me many months of delicious flavour. But to each his own I guess :)

(Do I need to hire a bodyguard after those comments?)

LOL. don't see why anyone would get upset. you don't like a flavor, nothing wrong there. Everyone has something they prefer. I don't vape SNLV at all. @Naeemhoosen and I are like Brothers and he knows I don't vape SNLV. SNLV on ice is a different matter though. In fact, I think most mixer out there prefer constructive criticism when it comes to their juices.

LOL. don't see why anyone would get upset. you don't like a flavor, nothing wrong there. Everyone has something they prefer. I don't vape SNLV at all. @Naeemhoosen and I are like Brothers and he knows I don't vape SNLV. SNLV on ice is a different matter though. In fact, I think most mixer out there prefer constructive criticism when it comes to their juices.
A truth if ever I have heard one. We all differ and our tastes as well, and any mixer would want as much feedback, both positive or negative to enablre him to ensure he can stay relevant in the market, and attempt to give every vaper the experience he craves. This may lead to 2 juices that share similarities to cater for two distinct groups, i.e. one with ice, the other without, one slightly heavier on flavour, one not.

A truth if ever I have heard one. We all differ and our tastes as well, and any mixer would want as much feedback, both positive or negative to enablre him to ensure he can stay relevant in the market, and attempt to give every vaper the experience he craves. This may lead to 2 juices that share similarities to cater for two distinct groups, i.e. one with ice, the other without, one slightly heavier on flavour, one not.
Well if its constructive criticism then its OK but when you make it like other people are fools for there preference in juice and mods then you need a bodyguard needs a bodyguard

Sent from my VF-696 using Tapatalk

Well if its constructive criticism then its OK but when you make it like other people are fools for there preference in juice and mods then you need a bodyguard needs a bodyguard

Okay, let me then let me just clear the air here, I never said they were bad juices, not at all. I can taste quality when I vape it, and both of them are worthy of being on the shelves. They're just not my taste. So for me, the hype was not all it was called for. :)

Check out Mr b's reply to me when i said I got like a grape seed taste but still liked the juice.
He mentioned the mod he used with a so yeah...as if my mod gave me the grape seed taste...so there.
I just left it and let him win

Resistance is futile

".....and I couldn't stand NCV Trinity. I know, I'm satan. I generally like NCV juices, but trinity? Nah.
Also Frosteez, TKO juice (They all taste the same, which is sugar)
Nowadays I buy international juices exclusively because the above. With a bit of creative accounting you can make yourself believe that it works out cheaper than local juices per 30ml.
Don't get me wrong, I love local and we've come a long way.

@Apollo Coincidentally, I was thinking along the same financial lines the other day. Of all the local juices which I've tried, 36 bottles (47%) were a waste of money because I didn't like them and I won't buy them again. If one takes the average price of a bottle of juice at R135, that amounts to a painful R4,860. :(

However, I've never had an international juice which I don't like at all. Granted, I've only tried a few so the cohort is too small to be significant as a comparison, but nevertheless it does suggest that it may be financially viable to buy only, or mostly, international. Although the price is higher, the wastage of discarded juice would, presumably, be less.

I was impressed the first time I vaped nasty juice.went out of my way to buy two more bottles and it didn't work out for me.
It was almost as the flavour was chemically induced

Resistance is futile

Check out Mr b's reply to me when i said I got like a grape seed taste but still liked the juice.
He mentioned the mod he used with a so yeah...as if my mod gave me the grape seed taste...so there.
I just left it and let him win

Resistance is futile
To clarify:

a) I never implied you or anyone else replying to this thread is a fool
b) I wasn't trying to "win" anything
c) I wasn't trying to imply that your mod gave you a grape seed taste

I was however trying to point out the following:

a) I tried NCV Trinity
b) I remember liking it
c) When I vaped it I was using a Melo 2 sub-ohm tank which isn't exactly renowned for flavour; therefore I could not get all the notes and nuances other people get. If anything I was implying that that the tank I was using was "sub-par" and was the reason I was not tasting the same notes you were.

Also; why would I start a thread asking people to be "civil" and then take a dump on other people's opinions?

Lastly: if you have a problem with a fellow forumite try addressing it with them first before naming and shaming them for something they might not have done

To clarify:

a) I never implied you or anyone else replying to this thread is a fool
b) I wasn't trying to "win" anything
c) I wasn't trying to imply that your mod gave you a grape seed taste

I was however trying to point out the following:

a) I tried NCV Trinity
b) I remember liking it
c) When I vaped it I was using a Melo 2 sub-ohm tank which isn't exactly renowned for flavour; therefore I could not get all the notes and nuances other people get. If anything I was implying that that the tank I was using was "sub-par" and was the reason I was not tasting the same notes you were.

Also; why would I start a thread asking people to be "civil" and then take a dump on other people's opinions?

Lastly: if you have a problem with a fellow forumite try addressing it with them first before naming and shaming them for something they might not have done

I almost forgot @Resistance : it is difficult to determine someone's tone from a piece of text. The "so yeah" didn't mean what you think it meant.

To illustrate how difficult it is to determine tone from text watch this

I almost forgot @Resistance : it is difficult to determine someone's tone from a piece of text. The "so yeah" didn't mean what you think it meant.

To illustrate how difficult it is to determine tone from text watch this

@mr b ,That is why grammar was taught when we went to school,back then it was important because it emphasised how other people read stuff. So there! You still win and I used less words

Resistance is futile

now that you have one explained what you meant with some grammar,have told me how you felt in the same breath everybody can understand what you meant and know...we all feel your pain.

Resistance is futile

Nice Thread
  • For me its any of the smok tanks i have tried or owned,
  • Zeus RTA, for me its just.......meh Prefer my magic obs nano or the kylin (Which doesnt leak and doesnt skip a beat)
  • SM 22 - Build after build after build, its fiddly, probably just my crappy build skills
  • Mech mods - I understand the merit just dont see the point of firing an unregulated device near your face, its like pulling a grenade pin with your teeth whilst holding it with your feet
  • anything Twisp
  • Nutty flavor juice
  • Oh and last but not least, Tanks that light up when you fire it, wtf???? reminds me of the underglow used to pimp Citi golf and corsa GSi's

Back