The hype is (not so) real!

I’m also busy prepping, for my first semi-hand grenade (Luxotic BF mod) and depending on how well that goes, I might (MIGHT) venture into the proper hand grenades (fully mech). Maybe we can share tips and findings along the way @Room Fogger :)
May be a good idea, and sounds good to me. If I pull the pin at least I can tell you how long the fuse is. Run Forrest, run, may just become a good motto.

All jokes aside I think we are overly scared after some reading, some knowledge, a bit of observation regarding the mod and batteries, as well as common sense and a bit of reading is all that is needed. I am a reasonable high ohm build vaper, which makes it easier. And safer.

Many happy clouds to you

@Carnival I highly recommend subscribing to Battery Mooch's Youtube channel. He has a great series of videos called "Minding your mAhs" explaining battery ratings and what to watch out for when building on mech and regulated mods. Essentially the VTC5as have a higher continuous discharge rating (CDR) than the HG2s, which allow you to build to lower resistances. If you're building at 0.3 ohms its going to pull a lot less current (around 14A) than a 0.2 ohm build (around 21A), so the HG2 (which has a Mooch rating of 20A CDR) should be able to handle that safely.

Yes, I don’t plan to go below 0.3 ohms (at this stage). Thank you @SouthernCelt, I’ll subscribe to Mooch’s channel.

Here's another for the hype is (not) real:

Toffee D'Luxe - sickly sweet, for me. Couldn't even finish a 2ml tank. Tried it again a few days later and it was even worse - one puff and I was DONE.

The purpose of this thread is for you to share which vape related items were greatly hyped up but you found to be a disappointment or mediocre in your opinion.

This should make for some interesting discussions but remember to keep it civil.

I'll start:

Streaky Cotton (I'm probably gonna get mauled for this but anyway) - this cotton was greatly hyped up and generated a lot of buzz when it came out. In every vape shop I went to there were people talking about this "new amazing cotton in the green bag" and looking around for where to find some. Naturally this kind of buzz got me curious but when I tried it out I wasn't that impressed. Yes it's comparable to cotton bacon v2 and yes it's a good cotton but I personally don't think it lived up to the hype. For me it's a decent cotton and I would probably buy some but it's no "God's gift to vaping" the way some people made it out to be.

Please share your experiences with other overly hyped items

Couldn't agree more!

I agree on the Paulies Coffee Cake, I also didn't get it. But the Signature Collection, that is great juice!

Totally agree about The Signature Collection, which I tried for the first time recently. The hype sure is real!

Toffee D'Luxe - sickly sweet, for me. Couldn't even finish a 2ml tank. Tried it again a few days later and it was even worse - one puff and I was DONE.

I liked it and it brought back good memories

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Petri for me was a waste of time and e liquid!

SX G Class - not worth the hype and price!

It's meant to be sweet lol Just like the Toffee D'Luxe sweets

@mr b sorry for what I said.its a new day we all on this forum and I think we need to take time to write out what we need to or explain properly.
To everyone that invested comments have a good day to you too

Resistance is futile

I misunder stood you statement when you mentioned your mod and according to me everyone thinks highly of that specific mod and tank so I misunderstood that the hype of the mod was also not so real for you...if that is what you meant

Resistance is futile

Thank GOODNESS!!!!!

I thought I was the only person in South Africa who didn't like Frosteez that much. I tried it once and got tired of it after dripping it thrice. It's way too sweet and I cannot for the life of me understand how so many people can love it as much as they do! Personally I find it "okay" but I will never in my life ever part with my hard earned cash for a bottle.

same here for me. I am traditionally a homebrew guy and have bought the odd bottle of juice. Because I homebrew, I firstly can not understand the exorbitant cost that people are charging in an unregulated industry, especially some locals producers since I know the price of concentrates bought in big volumes. But coming back to the Frosteez; I bought myself a bottle because of all the hype and purely being curious of its make-up. I topped up twice and now the bottle is standing in my cupboard (in Gump's famous words...) "and that's al I have have to say about that"

Back