The Reomiser 2

@LandyMan I'm not sure if I'm seeing correctly but please double check your coil, I'm using tapatalk and the photo is a bit blurry but it looks as though one of the wraps are overlapping another.

Sent from my S4 LTE using my finger

Nope, but I had to double check on the original photo. I took to it with pliers to get a prettier micro coil, which made that last turn "flare" a bit :)

Nope, but I had to double check on the original photo. I took to it with pliers to get a prettier micro coil, which made that last turn "flare" a bit :)
It would be an easy fix. Insert the mandrel, and pull the coil up slightly to create more tension. Should pull the wonky wrap into place.

Nothing is more frustrating when you squash the coil with the pliers and it does that!

Then again, maybe I'm just a little OCD with my coils.

Let us know how it vapes.

Hi @vaalboy and @kimbo

Just a quick message to both of you

When you get a chance next - please can you post a pic of that double ekowool build on the RM2
I just want to see what it looks like and where the wool is going.
I would like to put that into my queue of next builds on my RM2.
I only built a single strand before and had it in two RM2s for a while - but then I got tired of it. I found the flavour was good but not outstanding like the first few hours of cotton. Maybe the double strand will be better.

Do you guys fold a single strand or just have two separate strands?

Hi @Silver, only getting back in the swing of things this week and only saw your post now. I will take a pic when I next do a dry burn as I have relatively new coils. It will be in a cyclone though but you will get the picture I'm sure. My process for building the coil is as follows:
  • Burn a piece of ribbon till red - repeat on both sides
  • Burn a piece of ecowool
  • Allow to cool
  • Fold ecowool in half
  • Wrap an ugly coil starting from the looped side of the ecowool. I tend to keep coil closely spaced and wrap fairly tightly but not too tight
  • Snip off tag ends of ecowool leaving a few extra mm's for trimming once fitted
  • Using a set of pliers, burn made up coil and wick a few times on each side again
  • Fit coil to base on ohm meter, check ohms, trim protruding coil legs
  • Cut ecowool loop and trim to ensure ends fit inside cap
  • Trim opposite tag ends, I usually leave the bottom strand longer and fold so end sits in middle of base
  • Position coil to desired position
  • Fit cap and test ohms and check for shorts
  • Remove cap, fit atty to reo and dry burn
  • Bob's your uncle

Many thanks @vaalboy !
Really appreciate it
Will try that when im next due for a new coil
Thanks again

@Silver .. how long do you go with a coil?

It varies @kimbo
When i am experimenting, maybe a few days
But my workhorse coils are typically in for at least 4 to 6 weeks. I had one coil in for 9 weeks I think. Obviously rewicking frequently though.

After a while, i find the coil loses a bit of its structure and tightness (i mostly do compressed micros) and despite dry burning there are dark spots and sometimes gunk that is hard to get out without damaging the coil. It also becomes brittle and sometimes just breaks when I am handling the atty.

Edit - i am referring to normal Kanthal round wire and cotton wicking here

I must say I never thought that this atty can give so much flavour . @Andre thanks again bro !

Indeed @jtgrey

Those were my thoughts exactly when I fired up the Reo/RM2 for the first time.
Hard to believe actually

And a real bonus for those who like "tightish" mouth to lung draws

Indeed @jtgrey

Those were my thoughts exactly when I fired up the Reo/RM2 for the first time.
Hard to believe actually

And a real bonus for those who like "tightish" mouth to lung draws
I have to agree. Trying to build my Odin to get the same flavour profile as the RM2

I have to agree. Trying to build my Odin to get the same flavour profile as the RM2

Let me know how it goes but from what i can tell from other Odin users and from what I have experienced on their Odins, the Odin excels more at lung hits

@Silver and @LandyMan yes I must agree . The Odin is very good for lung hits and the RM2 mouth to lung . Only been using the RM2 for a few days so I am no expert on it but I definitely like it more then the cyclone

I think the RM2 is a magical atty
When you tweak it to your preference, the flavout and throat hit can be configured to your exact preference
And its so easy to build on

Just a tip for aligning the coil to the airhole. Take a black koki pen and mark where the airhole is on the base of the RM2 when the cap is screwed in fully. Then when you are building your coil, you know where to put the coil so that it lines up perfectly.

I make a black koki mark with a permanent black koki each time I buid on it. It disappears after a day or two of normal use ;-)

OK it's time! I need to build a Clapton Coil for my RM2!

First try was a bust... too many wraps and a resistance of 1,9Ω and too long a ramp up time as well! :-(

Clapton1.jpg Clapton2.jpg Clapton3.jpg

Vapour production was pretty good with the 1,1Ω coil but the flavour is muted compared to the micro coil... I guess as a flavour junkie I need to stick to micro coils... will vape it for a while and see how it goes.

Vapour production was pretty good with the 1,1Ω coil but the flavour is muted compared to the micro coil... I guess as a flavour junkie I need to stick to micro coils... will vape it for a while and see how it goes.
Wow and wow, I am far beyond impressed. Did you build all of that yourself? Far above my pay grade. I console myself with @Yusuf Cape Vaper's declaration that the best coil for the best vape is still the micro coil;)

Wow and wow, I am far beyond impressed. Did you build all of that yourself? Far above my pay grade. I console myself with @Yusuf Cape Vaper's declaration that the best coil for the best vape is still the micro coil;)

I cheated a little... well a LOT... I got some ready made Clapton coil from Vapor DNA in the US. ;-)

Your clapton looks awesome Mr Fisher! You would really enjoy it with a bigger ID on a high powered device. Maybe try one on a other atty and drop it onto the sigelei. The high power speeds up the heating process and brings on the flavor. However, simple Micro's do the trick

Your clapton looks awesome Mr Fisher! You would really enjoy it with a bigger ID on a high powered device. Maybe try one on a other atty and drop it onto the sigelei. The high power speeds up the heating process and brings on the flavor. However, simple Micro's do the trick

Roger that! Thanks... my Sigelei 100W Plus should be here tomorrow! I wonder if the Goblin will like a Clapton Coil?

Roger that! Thanks... my Sigelei 100W Plus should be here tomorrow! I wonder if the Goblin will like a Clapton Coil?
Problem over there is you'll be pushing high wattages. So with the goblins small chamber, it might be a bit hot for your liking. I do however know that @RIEFIE has gone quite low with his Goblin and he loved it. So maybe it doesn't hear up too much. Give it a try :)

Back