The Serpent Mini 22 and 25 Build Thread

Alright ome and all of the SM clubchuck yhe suggestions at mehow do i stop it LEAKING!!!!!

Sent from my MI 4W using Tapatalk

Let us see a pic of your build and wicking.

I never had any leaking with the bow tie method - watch the clips on the opening page of this thread.

With the SM i found that the tank works better with more cotton as usual. Also chuck the ring away

I used this style on serpent 22 and 25....and works . Just a little more stuffed in the wells.No leaks no dry hits. NIX

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-05-19-22-28-30.png
    Screenshot_2018-05-19-22-28-30.png
    217 KB · Views: 35
My 22 mm doesn't leak at all, its the 25 mm that leaks, to be honest I think its the tank base that is faulty.

I stripped it yesterday, cleaned and replaced ALL the o rings, and so far so good

Sent from my MI 4W using Tapatalk

One interesting method I found on the internet will try this today evening.
"Fill the tank, gently replace the top cap, once you can feel the o rings make contact stop turning, spin the tank upside down, then tighten the top cap fully, open air flow ring. No leaks for the last three fills. (Let's hope it stays that way). Glad I bought it now great little attie even with the exaggerated capacity."

Morning All,

Need some advice for my Serpent 25mm, It seems from what i have read that i have a vacuum issue

I keep getting dry hits and its like the juice does not flow through the wick. As soon as i then open the fill cap on top slightly i start seeing the bubbles which is then wetting the wick again.

Last night i stripped the whole tank and cleaned everything using a bowl of warm water thinking it could be dirty but im still having the same issue although it seems a little bit better getting some bubbles after a pull. As soon as i start unscrewing the top cap then i see alot of bubbles.

If i keep it unscrewd about half a turn open then i dont have the issue as bad.

I rewicked with less cotton last night thinking that im stuffing the wick holes too tight with the cotton but still have the issue.

I havent tried my serpent 22mm yet.

What am i doing wrong here...please help me.

You are probably using too much cotton. Thin out the tails before putting them in the channels.

And if you haven't already done so - take off the ring.

If that doesn't work try the upside down method as suggested by @Faiyaz Cheulkar above or replace your o-rings.

You are probably using too much cotton. Thin out the tails before putting them in the channels.

And if you haven't already done so - take off the ring.

If that doesn't work try the upside down method as suggested by @Faiyaz Cheulkar above or replace your o-rings.

I have tried the upside down method this morning but still no bubbles, as soon as i open the cap then bubbles rush out.

From what i have read elsewhere everyone says to keep the ring in? What difference does the ring make (I really dont know?)

I have just shortened the wick so that it just sits inside the well and not so much tucked to the bottom passed the ring.

Will see now how that works.

I am not sure that the ring actually serves any functional purpose other than being a guide for the wick tails.

Have you checked the o-ring on the deck? From what i remember you can remove it.

I had similar issues with my Ultimo and it turned out to be a too thick o-ring on the RBA deck which was causing the vacuum.

I am not sure that the ring actually serves any functional purpose other than being a guide for the wick tails.

Have you checked the o-ring on the deck? From what i remember you can remove it.

I had similar issues with my Ultimo and it turned out to be a too thick o-ring on the RBA deck which was causing the vacuum.

Will strip and swop out all the seals tonight and see cause the shorter wick hasnt made any difference, still need to open the fill cap for bubbles in order to get the wick wet.

Tough luck buddy - hope you get it right.

Very frustrating when gear doesn't work properly.

Will strip and swop out all the seals tonight and see cause the shorter wick hasnt made any difference, still need to open the fill cap for bubbles in order to get the wick wet.

Root Cause: Wicking thing out your tails; watch the video is easier the giving a long explanation

This will help:

I was lucky enough to get the SM25 from the awesome @Viper_SA , the vape off it is fantastic! Really impressed with this one.

Lockdown is causing me to look for things to play with and what better than the Serpent Mini 25 that converted me to RTA's back in the day! I have to say it's still a fantastic RTA! Single Coil SS 2.5mm Alien at 0.35Ω at 28 watts! A quick polish with the Dremel and deep clean and she is as good as new! Excellent vape!
Serpent Mini 1.JPG Serpent Mini 2.JPG

Lovely to pull out the older equipment and give it a whirl!
Also with new coils - and one often gets a nice surprise

Screenshot_20200424-215421.jpg Serpent mini 22mm also came out in this lock down. .. I even modded it to mtl

Lockdown is causing me to look for things to play with and what better than the Serpent Mini 25 that converted me to RTA's back in the day! I have to say it's still a fantastic RTA! Single Coil SS 2.5mm Alien at 0.35Ω at 28 watts! A quick polish with the Dremel and deep clean and she is as good as new! Excellent vape!
View attachment 194871 View attachment 194872
Such a cool little tank 8--)

Back