The Serpent Mini 22 and 25 Build Thread

I have a problem guys. Currently I'm running a single coil on my serpent mini 25. 3mm id and 24 ga ss316l 5 wraps. Comes to about 0.27 ohms. I put this coil in about two days ago and I can't even take it beyond 26 watts. I don't understand why? Is this normal or am I missing something?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

I have a problem guys. Currently I'm running a single coil on my serpent mini 25. 3mm id and 24 ga ss316l 5 wraps. Comes to about 0.27 ohms. I put this coil in about two days ago and I can't even take it beyond 26 watts. I don't understand why? Is this normal or am I missing something?

I almost never go above 25w. I get good flavor, great clouds.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170413-214056.png
    Screenshot_20170413-214056.png
    184.7 KB · Views: 49
What app is that?? So basically according to it the sweet spot is basically 26w. If I want to be able to push the watts higher I'm probably going to have to look at double coil?

Which tank would you guys suggest is an upgrade to the SM25?

These 3 Merlin Mini's replaced all 3 of my SM25's (that I never liked much despite all the hype).

mm24x3.jpg
I liked them far more than the SM25's. The down side is I rarely use them anymore either. My main usage has changed back to the Reos. On the occasions now when I do use some of my TC mods, I run Avocado's and RDA's on them.

What app is that?? So basically according to it the sweet spot is basically 26w. If I want to be able to push the watts higher I'm probably going to have to look at double coil?

Vape tool. I think to stick on the lower side and work my way up

These 3 Merlin Mini's replaced all 3 of my SM25's (that I never liked much despite all the hype).

View attachment 91557
I liked them far more than the SM25's. The down side is I rarely use them anymore either. My main usage has changed back to the Reos. On the occasions now when I do use some of my TC mods, I run Avocado's and RDA's on them.
I'm in the same boat as you. The Merlin's outperformed the Serpents for me. The only real downside was the 2ml capacity but that didn't bother me so much. Recently I have found myself to be using the Merlin RDTA most of the time.

I use an app called MicroCoil Pro which works great and has no ads. There's no need to push and use high wattages. If you like the flavor at 26w then there's no need to change that. Less power = Better battery life.

I'm in the same boat as you. The Merlin's outperformed the Serpents for me. The only real downside was the 2ml capacity but that didn't bother me so much. Recently I have found myself to be using the Merlin RDTA most of the time.

The 2ml capacity didn't bother me when using them as refill bottles were only an arm length away.

Popped my last glass this morning... was trying to replace the single coil setup for a dual coil setup I had already made and as always the base wasn't coming off and as I was giving a little more turning power I just heard a pop sound. Very discouraging and sad. So looking for glass everywhere I can. Bit bad I'm in PE but I will just have to manage without for a bit

A week or two ago I re wicked my 2 SM25's. Here are some pics of how I wick it.

A point of note, there are "many ways to kill a cat." This clever little snake is no exception

This works for me...

IMG_3202.JPG

Washed and ready:

IMG_3201.JPG

Some usual fluff time:

IMG_3205.JPG

Trimmed.....BTW I keep my ring-piece on.

IMG_3206.JPG

Then I tuck the cotton, not too tight, not too loose, in the slots, under the ring...

IMG_3208.JPG

Fluff out the cotton through the slots under the ring with a sharp object, and trim excess with a small sharp scissors.

IMG_3209.JPG

Tuck in any excess cotton in the slots.

Ready to juice:

IMG_3230.JPG

This is one of the many different options of wicking. This just works like a rocket for me. It took a bit of practice.

Hey guys, the SM25 is still a fantastic RTA, even though the glass breaks easily. It's a good benchmark RTA for flavor. Nice and compact. I have no regrets.

I am going to light up the two now with some DIY and XXX. Only tried XXX in the SM25 once. I have a feeling I will enjoy the second run.

I will think of you Mr Rob Fisher...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_3405.JPG

IMG_3410.JPG

While Waiting to soak....A second test of my new DIY Crystal Menthol, I made, in the black one. It's very pleasing on the palate.

Then the XXX in the SS.

Now to taste....

Wow. The DIY is super enjoyable. It's a mint menthol and smooth recipe I've been working on.

Then the XXX in the SM25.

Folks. You know what? I must be 100% honest, and true to myself. When coiled and properly wicked, the SM25 is still top shelf, when it comes to flavor production.

The XXX is a mysterious juice. It behaves differently in different tanks. In the SM, XXX brings out the true perfection of the balance of this juice.

Now I have to pay respect to Rob Fisher, as he discovered this a long time ago, re: "The XXX and SM25 Combo."

Having read a lot on this thread, and from my own experience, IMHO The SM still shines through many RTA's. Based on this, and the ideas of many SM enthusiasts, I propose the classic build:

W-Nichrome
I- 24
G- 3
S or D - Duel
W- 7 1/2
O- 0.32
C- Brilliant!

Just be careful with them glasses.

Oh, edit...

I forgot to mention. It doesn't work on the RX 2/3. But I blame the poor 510 pin on the RX as well as the smallish pin on the SM.

View attachment 92027

Last edited:
View attachment 92022

View attachment 92023

While Waiting to soak....A second test of my new DIY Crystal Menthol, I made, in the black one. It's very pleasing on the palate.

Then the XXX in the SS.

Now to taste....

Wow. The DIY is super enjoyable. It's a mint menthol and smooth recipe I've been working on.

Then the XXX in the SM25.

Folks. You know what? I must be 100% honest, and true to myself. When coiled and properly wicked, the SM25 is still top shelf, when it comes to flavor production.

The XXX is a mysterious juice. It behaves differently in different tanks. In the SM, XXX brings out the true perfection of the balance of this juice.

Now I have to pay respect to Rob Fisher, as he discovered this a long time ago, re: "The XXX and SM25 Combo."

Having read a lot on this thread, and from my own experience, IMHO The SM still shines through many RTA's. Based on this, and the ideas of many SM enthusiasts, I propose the classic build:

W-Nichrome
I- 24
G- 3
S or D - Duel
W- 7 1/2
O- 0.32
C- Brilliant!

Just be careful with them glasses.

Nice one @Waine ....u right flavour the SM25 still on point...I swear I read crystal menthol as something else at first :)))))

I wanted to name my new juice Crystal Menth. Short for Menthol, but it plays too many tricks on the eyes.

I think now I will name it that...

IMG_3414.JPG

IMG_3415.JPG

Of course, a massive plus for me is.....no leaking. I've been vaping on and off now, not a drop.

Finally found a supplier and my glasses are on route! I have considered moving away to some other tank but first I need to actually know more about building my own coils. Because as I understand it now in dual coil you have to make lower ohm combinations to get to higher watts in power mode. But for single coil it's the opposite. Is this true?

Hey y'all

So i got me a Serpent Mini 22mm and put in the build that comes with the tank (Wotofo comp coil)...dunno what the build is; bought it from razzmatazz...it came in at 0.6Ω.
Only problem that I have (and excuse my ignorance)...is that the draw is restrictive, like a MTL tank???

Is it supposed to be like that?

Hey y'all

So i got me a Serpent Mini 22mm and put in the build that comes with the tank (Wotofo comp coil)...dunno what the build is; bought it from razzmatazz...it came in at 0.6Ω.
Only problem that I have (and excuse my ignorance)...is that the draw is restrictive, like a MTL tank???

Is it supposed to be like that?
its quite restrictive. but if you raise the coil higher you can get more airflow

For me, the SM25 shines in dual coil mode. It's such a massive difference over the single coil setup. Dense and warm. Btw, i hate the grub screws this tank comes with, stripped two already. So i opened my Aromamizer V1 box, grabbed its indistructable screws and it fits! Only issue now is the constant layer of condensed juice under the tank which rests on my mod's 510 area. I only use it on my Battlestar mod now as this mod has almost like a catch cup 510 housing, so juice can't get in there... Anyway, my 5cents...

Hi all, I have been vaping for probably a month now on my SM 25mm. Battled with the single coil setup I made, it was UTTER crap! Went to Capital Vapes in Centurion and let them build a single alien. Struggled with leaks, but re-wicked last week. And so far, no leaks... only sweating a bit. But flavor? A LOT of flavor!! Really love it, Its as if I'm really taking a bite of a zoo cookie with zoob juice!

Really love this tank!

Back