The Serpent Mini 22 and 25 Build Thread

I cannot put the SM25 down, using Cotton Bacon Comp Wrap by Wick 'N' Vape 24G, 3mm ID, 5 wraps and the flavour is perfect.

I cannot put the SM25 down, using Cotton Bacon Comp Wrap by Wick 'N' Vape 24G, 3mm ID, 5 wraps and the flavour is perfect.
What juice and wattage are you using

It's remarkable...No other RTA besides this has received so much coverage on any other thread on this forum. The SM25 is indeed a great tank. It deserves all the praise and glory. I have two. But what RTA has taken centre stage the moment?

I have so many tanks. I am spoiled for choice to decide what tank I should get next?

Which other tank deserve its own long thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's remarkable...No other RTA besides this has received so much coverage on any other thread on this forum. The SM25 is indeed a great tank. It deserves all the praise and glory. I have two. But what RTA has taken centre stage the moment?

I have so many tanks. I am spoiled for choice to decide what tank I should get next?

Which other tank deserve its own long thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@Waine do you have the OBS Engine?It is my go to and hits all the notes for me,top notch flavor with a great deck and no leakage. I love this tank and it isn't a juice guzzler.I'm keen to try the nano single coil version as the early reviews are thumbs up.As great as my SM has treated me The Engine is my favorite.P. S. I just got the Cthulhu Gaia RDTA and I 'm still sussing it out an interesting one with very good flavor and we'll constructed albeit small capacity,2. 5 ml.

So just for fun (and lots of frustration) tonight I thought I'd give this a try.
dc37146e6e1912c92248408429a391c6.jpg

It's a dual parallel spaced 26G SS316L 2.5mm ID coming in at 0.22 Ohm and running at 45W. Wicking is Cotton Bacon V2.

The objective was to pit the Serpent against my Crown V1 (the original flavour beast) in a head to head flavour battle.

Serpent takes the contest. Vapes a little hot at this resistance,but the taste is immence. I'll have to try again in the morning just to make sure.

I will say though, the airflow on the crown is unbelievable smooth compared to the SM25 even closed 3/4 of the way,no gurgle's or funny business.

Juice is Foggs Famous Sauce - At First Flight. A rich Vanilla custard with butter notes.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Food for thought... now try a parallel made with two different wire gauges. Can brighten some flavor notes that are not as prominent in this balanced spaced build. Maybe 26X28 or 26X29.

@Waine do you have the OBS Engine?It is my go to and hits all the notes for me,top notch flavor with a great deck and no leakage. I love this tank and it isn't a juice guzzler.I'm keen to try the nano single coil version as the early reviews are thumbs up.As great as my SM has treated me The Engine is my favorite.P. S. I just got the Cthulhu Gaia RDTA and I 'm still sussing it out an interesting one with very good flavor and we'll constructed albeit small capacity,2. 5 ml.

Thanks. I will research it.

Little bit late to the party. But finally got a SM25 and it's so good I had to get two. The flavour on here is amazing. I think I finally found the perfect vape. Authentic Rig V3 and Serpent mini 25 with a 7 wrap 20g Kanthal reading around 0.15 ohms. Vape paradise.

Attachments

• IMG_20170308_190030.jpg
    IMG_20170308_190030.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20170308_185954.jpg
    IMG_20170308_185954.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20170308_183035.jpg
    IMG_20170308_183035.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 52
Little bit late to the party. But finally got a SM25 and it's so good I had to get two. The flavour on here is amazing. I think I finally found the perfect vape. Authentic Rig V3 and Serpent mini 25 with a 7 wrap 20g Kanthal reading around 0.15 ohms. Vape paradise.
Dumb question @Mahir as i have never tried it..is the sm25 mech safe?

You bought 2 eh? I don't know how you can miss with the SM, I have 20g but have yet to build with it as I was under the impression that it is more suitable for mech's.Gives good flavor does it?Of late I have been vapeing Clapton type builds on most everything.

You bought 2 eh? I don't know how you can miss with the SM, I have 20g but have yet to build with it as I was under the impression that it is more suitable for mech's.Gives good flavor does it?Of late I have been vapeing Clapton type builds on most everything.

I only use 20g on mechs. If I owned a regulated mod I doubt I would ever buy 20g. The flavour is good at first but after a day or two you get that metally-wire taste which sucks. But it works out great on mechs especially if you are new to mechs because you can do basic builds with it 6-8 wraps on a 3mm id.

So, bit late to the party but I want another one. Always thought it was strange that someone would buy 2 of the same tanks when there are so many to choose from. Tanks retired due to SM25 - Subtank /Mage RTA/Crown/Merlin Mini. I actually resisted this tank because of the hype. Now I feel so silly, I will eat some humble pecan nut pie.

Attachments

• IMG_6339.JPG
    IMG_6339.JPG
    138 KB · Views: 47
I too use my OBS Engine all the time. It can be a juice guzzler though. I go through about 35-50ml a day on it. Not vaping all the time either. It's all about the build you have. I run mine on 0.3 at 45W. Kills the tank in 10mins chaining on it or it lasts 2 hours with light vaping while working. It's a great tank though, I still use my SM22 all the time though.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I too use my OBS Engine all the time. It can be a juice guzzler though. I go through about 35-50ml a day on it. Not vaping all the time either. It's all about the build you have. I run mine on 0.3 at 45W. Kills the tank in 10mins chaining on it or it lasts 2 hours with light vaping while working. It's a great tank though, I still use my SM22 all the time though.

It's funny how people get different experiences out of the same gear.I seem to get pretty good juice mileage from the engine.Maybe the builds?I'm running home made Claptons,34 nichrome over 26 kanthal'6wraps on 3mm rod @46ohms.Awesome flavor at 50w on my Sx Q mini

I only use 20g on mechs. If I owned a regulated mod I doubt I would ever buy 20g. The flavour is good at first but after a day or two you get that metally-wire taste which sucks. But it works out great on mechs especially if you are new to mechs because you can do basic builds with it 6-8 wraps on a 3mm id.
I have a Cricket v1 and a SMPL clone so i'll throw some on one of them when I wanna play mech,thanks!

It's funny how people get different experiences out of the same gear.I seem to get pretty good juice mileage from the engine.Maybe the builds?I'm running home made Claptons,34 nichrome over 26 kanthal'6wraps on 3mm rod @46ohms.Awesome flavor at 50w on my Sx Q mini
I get very varying juice consumption lol. Sometimes I think to myself wow this thing lasts forever, other times I think like WTF how is it already finished. But I think it has to do with how I fill it, coz I think the bulk of the juice sits at the top, above the chimney so sometimes I fill it all the way and other times just as it reaches the top.

I get very varying juice consumption lol. Sometimes I think to myself wow this thing lasts forever, other times I think like WTF how is it already finished. But I think it has to do with how I fill it, coz I think the bulk of the juice sits at the top, above the chimney so sometimes I fill it all the way and other times just as it reaches the top.

It seems most tanks these days are guzzlers and maybe that is the price we pay for the great flavor delivered.We once used Kayfuns and Mellos' and lower wattage units with simple builds.Tanks have come so far in the last couple of years so much so that I drip much less.There I said it and I can't believe I did.

Try a 6 wrap 20g Kanthal on 3mm id (dual coil) on the SMPL (I like my Samsung 25r) - as for the noisy, I'm not sure. I think 20g will read too low for a series box

That approx 0.12Ω dual build is WAY TOO LOW for a mech Noisy Cricket @kev mac... DON'T DO IT!!!
In fact, never do any build on mechs unless you fully understand ohms law AND run the numbers yourself.

Battery Voltage ÷ Ohms coil resistance = AMPS X Battery Voltage = Watts
(8.4 ÷ 0.12 = 70 X 8.4 = 588)

No 18650 battery can take the load from this dual build in a dual series mech mod.

Ja safety first... 0.2 and higher... we don't need any mavericks here

Agree with safety first/mavericks. But I'm not doing a .2Ω 42A build in my NC's with the honest Sony VCT5A 25A CDR / 30A MAV 18650's I run in them either.

Unfortunately sometimes folks pass on dangerous information they probably got from an arm chair expert. And all too often someone not in the know might follow it. @Mahir did state he wasn't sure so did give a clue, but! IMO if you don't know for sure that what you pass on is 110% safe, then please don't pass it on at all.

I sent @kev mac a red flagged PM just in case.

Agree with safety first/mavericks. But I'm not doing a .2Ω 42A build in my NC's with the honest Sony VCT5A 25A CDR / 30A MAV 18650's I run in them either.

Unfortunately sometimes folks pass on dangerous information they probably got from an arm chair expert. And all too often someone not in the know might follow it. @Mahir did state he wasn't sure so did give a clue, but! IMO if you don't know for sure that what you pass on is 110% safe, then please don't pass it on at all.

I sent @kev mac a red flagged PM just in case.

100% @Spydro if u not 100% on a build don't share...I do a 9 wrap on 20 gauge which comes out at 0,18 ohms and I have lg 35 amp batts just for those builds

100% @Spydro if u not 100% on a build don't share...I do a 9 wrap on 20 gauge which comes out at 0,18 ohms and I have lg 35 amp batts just for those builds

On a Noisy Cricket? Highest honestly rated LG batts I know of are the pink HB6's @ 32CDR / 40MAV.

Compared to some of you folks in SA I'm somewhat of a kiddie cruiser on the Nosy Crickets. I don't like hot vapes, and prefer to take long lung hits that are not conducive from a fire breathing dragon build. ;)

On a Noisy Cricket? Highest honestly rated LG batts I know of are the pink HB6's @ 32CDR / 40MAV.

Compared to some of you folks in SA I'm somewhat of a kiddie cruiser on the Nosy Crickets. I don't like hot vapes, and prefer to take long lung hits that are not conducive from a fire breathing dragon build. ;)
No on dotmod single cell mod...23 amps draw vs 35 amps on batts

@Spydro it's the lg hb2 35 amps vapable by mooch

Back