The Serpent Mini 22 and 25 Build Thread

Got mine yesterday, they built n wicked it for me. Not getting huge flavour or clouds n a really tight draw.
I trimmed the ends of the wick like it showed in the vid @Rob Fisher posted n the flavour improved but it's spitting like a demented footballer now.
As far as I'm aware the build is 6-7 wraps, 3mm ID, kanthal, 0.61ohm. Wick is cotton candy.
I don't know if this makes a difference but the tails of the coil that go into the lugs comes over the top as opposed to the usual underneath that I see everyone build.

Edit** it's a sm22

Last edited:
Got mine yesterday, they built n wicked it for me. Not getting huge flavour or clouds n a really tight draw.
I trimmed the ends of the wick like it showed in the vid @Rob Fisher posted n the flavour improved but it's spitting like a demented footballer now.
As far as I'm aware the build is 6-7 wraps, 3mm ID, kanthal. Wick is cotton candy.
I don't know if this makes a difference but the tails of the coil that go into the lugs comes over the top as opposed to the usual underneath that I see everyone build.

Edit** it's a sm22

Open the air holes dummy :p

Sounds like you need to raise the coil a bit if it's a tight draw , chuck the ring out as well did bugger all for me except frustrate me trying to get it under the ring and into the juice wells ..... I also still get spitting after each tank fill but it's a lot less now .....

There isn't a juice ring on mine.

Hi @Strontium the 22 does not have the ring.
Please post a photo of your build, the pro's might be able to better assist with photos.

just want to confirm this

As far as I'm aware the build is 6-7 wraps, 3mm ID, kanthal, 0.61ohm. Wick is cotton candy.

Edit** it's a sm22

The Serpent's prefer Cotton Bacon or The Cotton Candy Collection as a wicking material. Cotton Candy is very high Rayon and that doesn't do well in the Serpent's.

K I rewicked using the only other cotton I had, namely the little sheet that was supplied with the serpent. No more spitting but it tastes rank.

K I rewicked using the only other cotton I had, namely the little sheet that was supplied with the serpent. No more spitting but it tastes rank.

Yip Cotton Bacon, The Cotton Candy Collection or Fibre Freaks Cotton Blend is the only way!

Got a SM25 today to see what the hype was all about.
Yup the hype is right
As a certain member would say...:banana:

@GregF
Funnily enough I prefer my 22's over the 25, just wish the 22's had the airflow the 25 has. Still love the 25 though. Taking a break from the Reos and tobaccos for a week or two to reset the taste buds, then back to work on some new tobacco recipes. Dark Temptress, Black Beard and Long John Silver. :D

As a diy'er I tend to have an abundance of juice (sometimes) and this little tank is a great way to vape up all those little extras. It is a juice guzzler of note. Probably in the same line as an Avocado.
I went through a tank on a 22mm avo the other morning with a cup of coffee. Will have to see how this one goes.

Hello guys and gals. I have come up with a problem with the serpent mini 22mm. It seems to be leaking juice to the bottom of the atty. I have taken the photo to help but it is not clearly visible. Just inside of the outer ring is the juice. I need help to find out why this is happening? Any help will be welcome.
fd47cad61993796e6ec7a9d280988b5c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yip Cotton Bacon, The Cotton Candy Collection or Fibre Freaks Cotton Blend is the only way!
After reading all your recommendations, purchased my first pack of cotton bacon V2 and a jar of cotton candy, now can never use anything else, cotton bacon is truly the "king", purchased another two packs, one can never have enough. Cotton candy is good but the cotton bacon is fantastic. I know I will NEVER have your collection of "toys" but proudly a member of the "Sepent Clan", have three Serpent Mini's 25mm in rotation, two with single builds, one with dual build, "Thank You" for the advice and video's.

After reading all your recommendations, purchased my first pack of cotton bacon V2 and a jar of cotton candy, now can never use anything else, cotton bacon is truly the "king", purchased another two packs, one can never have enough. Cotton candy is good but the cotton bacon is fantastic. I know I will NEVER have your collection of "toys" but proudly a member of the "Sepent Clan", have three Serpent Mini's 25mm in rotation, two with single builds, one with dual build, "Thank You" for the advice and video's.

Only a pleasure! Nothing pleases me more than someone who takes the advice and loves the result! :b1:

Hopefully, I will also be a proud owner of a new SM25 shortly. Now I have read through this thread and have made cryptic notes regarding the tried and tested coil builds of the wise but I have a question? I really, really, really want to try TC mode(call it scientific curiosity or maybe just ignorance) but as far as I can see no-one here has posted a TC friendly coil build.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Hopefully, I will also be a proud owner of a new SM25 shortly. Now I have read through this thread and have made cryptic notes regarding the tried and tested coil builds of the wise but I have a question? I really, really, really want to try TC mode(call it scientific curiosity or maybe just ignorance) but as far as I can see no-one here has posted a TC friendly coil build.

Yip I gave up on TC a while back... but I guess I should try it again now that mods have improved...

I'm kinda hijacking this thread as my build isn't done on a SMini ... anyway this is a 10 wrap, 26G 316L SS, 3mm ID Dual Build which I am currently using only on temp control on my G-Priv and tested thoroughly on my Smok Alien 521 Tab. It works perfectly, on the other hand I like my vape warm and this is my favourite. And yes, it's 18mg 60% PG juice of whatever I feel like.

I'm still a total noob with building, but I hope this is helpful to @gdigitel and @Rude Rudi . Oh yes, the ohms came to 0.365 and I vape at 470F. Use steam engine wire wizard suggested to me by @RichJB . Anything else I'm more than sure @Rob Fisher can provide you with more info you can handle :)

WP_20161128_001.jpg

Last edited:
Hello guys and gals. I have come up with a problem with the serpent mini 22mm. It seems to be leaking juice to the bottom of the atty. I have taken the photo to help but it is not clearly visible. Just inside of the outer ring is the juice. I need help to find out why this is happening? Any help will be welcome.
fd47cad61993796e6ec7a9d280988b5c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had the same issue when i was NOT using the juicering.

Replaced it and rewicked a little more cotton than the previous build and now no leaks.

Also just check the Oring on the rba base.

Sent from my SM-A700F using Tapatalk

Back