Toptank Mini - No Atomizer Error

Desert

New Vaper
LV

Awards
So, I'll have to buy shares in the Help My Vape Broke! thread. but I have a new problem that has me stumped.

So now my atomizer is acting up. When I put it on and try to fire it, I get an error (on my PICO) that says "no atomizer" but its there.. I can see it.

I have tried different coils from the RTA to the stock coils that came with the kit and I get the same result. So, now I'm working on the assumption that the problem is with the base section of the tank. And it has to be a connection issue.

Is this a common problem, I cant find a single similar post on the whole world wide web. please tell me there's a fix..

I had a similar problem when I started my gear up the first time. Make sure that the atomizer is screwed in tight into the tank and that the tank is screwed into the mod properly. This sorted my problem... hope it helps.

@Warlock my tank is well used already. So unfortunately it's not a newness associated issue. I should have mentioned..I have tightened up and loosened off to change the connection with some success when the issue started. But recently there isnt a 'sweetspot' anymore.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

@Willyza i wouldn't mind your problem

But that said. I'm glad that confirms where my problem lies. Have you tried dismantling your faulty base?

Ok not specific to the Kanger tanks/RBA`s but in the past, when I used tanks, Herakles, Eleaf etc, with commercial coils, I had dud coils, or at least what I thought was dud ("no atomiser" error with a pack of 5 Herekels coils). After investigating with my multimeter and ohm read I managed to get a fix and didn`t have a dud coil/no atomiser error up until I retired my tanks. The following might or might not work for you as I`m not sure how the Kanger tanks and commercial coils are put together but from the pictures I`ve seen they seem to work on the same principle.

Base as standard:
Base_STD.jpg

510 slightly pushed out:
Base_MOD.jpg

Coil as standard:
Coil_STD.jpg

Coil centre pin pushed out:
Coil_MOD.jpg

Screw coil firmly into base and then screw base on to mod and check. My problem was 2 fold (coil was not making contact with the atty centre pin and the atty centre pin was not making contact with the mod) hence both the modifications. This might or might not work for you. As I`ve said I`ve got no experience with the Kanger tanks, only the Herakles, Eleaf etc attys with the push in (press fit) centre pin. So give it a try and let us know. The protruding centre pin should not damage your mods 510 connector (no experience with the Pico either but my VTC mini was fine) unless it requires alot of force to push in and out so exercise caution.

The RBA positive pin, from the pictures I`ve seen, screws into the RBA deck centre post so this wont work. You could try unscrewing it a fraction of a turn and try but I`m not sure how it will affect the stability of the decks centre post. Only you will be able to tell.

Geeez! You got me all excited there because I hadn't tried adjusting the coil or rta pin as well. But now remember that when i screwed in the coil i placed my finger gently on the base's pin and felt it pushing out for the last half turn or so.
I left the atty at work, but will give this a shot. It's something I never considered and may just be it. BIG Points for you @Blu-marlin if youre right!

Mine did the same when I assembled it before it was completely dry after a wash. Quick pass under the hair dryer and all was fixed

Common problem with this model. I tried everything a while back, but nothing worked, until I found a youtube vid that helped. All you have to do is to never press the new atomizer or + when prompted. Always the "-" the issue is sometimes software related and it crashes when assigning new specs, but when you press "-" it re-uses the current settings. Its the only thing that worked for me. If it doesn't prompt you, just keep trying old atties till it does and never hit the the "+" again. I ended up buying an eleaf because of this.

Common problem with this model. I tried everything a while back, but nothing worked, until I found a youtube vid that helped. All you have to do is to never press the new atomizer or + when prompted. Always the "-" the issue is sometimes software related and it crashes when assigning new specs, but when you press "-" it re-uses the current settings. Its the only thing that worked for me. If it doesn't prompt you, just keep trying old atties till it does and never hit the the "+" again. I ended up buying an eleaf because of this.
No, my mod has been binned already for some other reason. I was trying to use my toptank on my new mod. (Also opted for an eleaf)
My tank behaves as if its not connected. Nothing changes when I skrew it on, regardless of what coil i have in. No resistance registers and I get a no atomiser error if I fire it.

It's a known issue with most subtank/toptank bases. I've tried swapping 510 pins between different subtank bases with no luck.

It's a known issue with most subtank/toptank bases. I've tried swapping 510 pins between different subtank bases with no luck.
Very disappointing. The rebuildable deck is nice and easy on such a small tank. I wish the melo3 mini had a similar setup, hating the ecr. So a Mage replacement it is!!

Love both my Toptank an Subtank. Both excellent tanks and I run the RBA in both. It is my daily tank because it does not guzzle juice and will last me the whole day from leaving home to returning.
Very happy with them. I am considering getting some of them as spare tanks for future use.

I fully agree. I loved mine to bits and was considering the same thing, before mine became a paperweight. If I could find a fix, I'd be a very happy man.

Back