Twisp Edge Upgrade

Wire, cotton, an Ohm meter, 'n proper wire cutter, and decent screwdrivers, oh, and a scissor.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Is the Jap cotton considered to be the best?

Got all the other items, ill just make sure before i order on Monday.

No. But is works! Apparently organic cotton is better.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

I would recommend japanese cotton or rayon.
I use mostly japanese cotton these days because its so easy to work with and wicks super fast, and it is organic cotton....just in a different shape.
Rayon is a bit more resilient and has a very clean flavour especially when using fruity or menthol flavours.

Hi guys.

Okay I received my Subox mini from vapevessel just after 1. I would like to thank @argief for the awesome service I got. Super fast delivery and very chuffed. Big thumbs up.

In a big rush to get my new device up and running, I put some MMM ashy back juice in it, seen as most of the juices I have and used with my twisp has a lower vg.

Prime the 1.5 ohm coil, assemble and take a drag or two. First thing that comes to mind, I burned the coil, saying to myself this can't be possible as I did prime it and waited for the juice to fill the wick. Let it stand another couple of minutes and try it again, same results.

So my second thought, I haven't used any tobacco liquids before, I do prefer the fruity flavours, coffees ect. Emptied the tank, cleaned it out and filled half with some 9mg liqua watermelon juice.

First drag, bliss.... I played around a little with the air intakes and wattage, I prefer it wide open and currently at 10.5 seems to be fine. The taste of the watermelon liquid is allot different than in my twisp. The flavour is wayyyyy more and so much more vape. There is one down side to it though, the liquid seems allot more sweeter in my twisp, personally I really enjoyed the sweet taste allot, so I bet it's starting to experiment with more juices with a higher Vg.

The current juices will have to stay with my twisp as a backup....

Hi guys.

Okay I received my Subox mini from vapevessel just after 1. I would like to thank @argief for the awesome service I got. Super fast delivery and very chuffed. Big thumbs up.

In a big rush to get my new device up and running, I put some MMM ashy back juice in it, seen as most of the juices I have and used with my twisp has a lower vg.

Prime the 1.5 ohm coil, assemble and take a drag or two. First thing that comes to mind, I burned the coil, saying to myself this can't be possible as I did prime it and waited for the juice to fill the wick. Let it stand another couple of minutes and try it again, same results.

So my second thought, I haven't used any tobacco liquids before, I do prefer the fruity flavours, coffees ect. Emptied the tank, cleaned it out and filled half with some 9mg liqua watermelon juice.

First drag, bliss.... I played around a little with the air intakes and wattage, I prefer it wide open and currently at 10.5 seems to be fine. The taste of the watermelon liquid is allot different than in my twisp. The flavour is wayyyyy more and so much more vape. There is one down side to it though, the liquid seems allot more sweeter in my twisp, personally I really enjoyed the sweet taste allot, so I bet it's starting to experiment with more juices with a higher Vg.

Great stuff. Play around - you will find your sweet spot for each juice.

Hi guys.

Great to hear you got your kit @Lehan
Enjoy!

Awesome stuff @Lehan ! Really glad @argief helped you out!! The Subox is a real good, useful Mod. you can get sticker kits and rubber sleeves for your Kbox too, if you want to just protect it from everyday wear. I think you might be right about the tobacco taste of the Ashy Bac. Sweet Bac is MUCH sweeter, so it might taste like a burnt coil to you if you're not used to tobaccoes.

If you have, try Twisp Cafe Latte in there and get prepared to have your mind blown!

You're going to enjoy that SubBox!! Let me tell you!

Thanks @Casper.

I Had the chance now to use it over the weekend. I have quickly realized that the high nic juices i have is not going to work, the higher PG and nic ratio gives a too heavy TH to my liking and the nic doesn't make the experience so much fun. Being in Polokwane i ran into the local (small) tobacco store we have, looking for some zero or 6mg juices. They had two Buck Naked juices, I wasn't impressed by the low viscosity so I bought a Apple Zero from the twisp kiosk in the mall. I then mixed some 12mg Watermelon with the 0mg Apple just for a low nic vape.

Really enjoyed it. Placed a order this morning by SkyBlue for some wire, wick, and DIY liquids ect.

Back