Flavour and throat hit seeker
Staff member
Administrator
ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
Hi all

28th October will mark my two year anniversary of being off the smokes. For me, this is a major milestone. It is something I am very, very proud of and something I would not have imagined two years ago.

ECIGSSA has been a fundamental part of me staying off the stinkies, especially in the first 6 months. And thereafter it has been instrumental in improving my vape experience.

I have had untold amounts of help in so many ways from so many people. Even long before becoming part of the Admin and Mod team. The help I have received has spanned many areas. From how to build my own coils for the mini protank 2 from legends such as @BhavZ, to impeccable Reo advice and many phone calls with superheroes like @Andre. Then @johan with all his help on the technical and electrical front, helping me to measure wire with micrometers and so many other things. And @Alex, for his super loyalty and care on many a late night call when things have gone wrong. And @Yiannaki with advice on so many occasions on the coil front. @Rob Fisher with all the help and calls discussing what devices just work out the box and what devices give problems. @Paulie with all the juice samples and helping me to discover new flavours and devices. The list is almost endless, I am only touching the surface!

The forum has also kept me in touch with the vendors and what they are up to. There is no way I would have come across all the great vendors, products and juices I have without this place.

I owe a BIG thank you to each and every one of you on this forum (including all the awesome vendors) for making it the place it is. And to @Gizmo for creating it! Without it, my vaping would be nowhere near where it is and I think I might just have gone back to smoking.

content-3-363-competition_time.png

So, to say thanks and to have a bit of fun, I am going to run a little competition.

To celebrate my 2 years which is 730 days, I am going to give a prize of R730 in cash to the winner of this competition. But wait, there's more ;-) Runner-up is going to get half that - i.e. R365.

All you have to do is try describe in your best possible way how this forum has helped you on your vaping journey. Try be sincere and original.

Competition will close at midnight on 28th October 2015.
Winner and runner up will be announced on or before 31st October 2015.

Rules and info:
  • This is my personal competition and totally separate from ECIGSSA. The prize money comes from me, not ECIGSSA or any vendor.
  • I will be the judge of this competition and my decision on the winners will be final.
  • Only posts in this thread will be judged.
  • I will be looking at originality of your post, sincerity and the way you get the message across. Conciseness will be looked on favourably.
  • Only one entry per person. You may edit your post but then make a post that you have edited it.
  • This competition is open to all members of ECIGSSA. This includes members of the Admin & Mod team and vendors. I will try do everything I can to not let that interfere with my judging.
  • Once the winners have been announced, they must PM me with their banking details and I will EFT the prize money into their bank accounts.

Last edited:
Hectic! Well done Silver! How time flies...

Wow very nice initiative @Silver :D

This forum and people have a special place and i would like to read some responses :)

Will start working on mine ;)

congrats, it must be a great feeling. so onto my entry.

I have always being on forums weather it be car, bike, ecig, fish tank or whatever. forums are one of the best ways to get info and help on.

ecigssa has come a long way and helped me alot.
wrt to travelling what and what not to do.
building coils, oh boy I learnt alot here with builds.
vendors, used to order from fasttech and dhgate when i first started, but this site opened up a better alternative and that is local supplies, where to get your liquids and mods, there is so much choice we have by clicking through various suppliers.
and lastly the sales section, this is be the best place to sell your gear.

congrats Silver

i must admit, that i am not very active on the forum anymore, but i do check it daily, read up on whats new and what every one is getting up to.
but if i have to think back to my starting block. i started with some generic pen style device.
i was not happy with the vapor production and i googled duel coils, and i came across this forum.
so i immediately joined and a whole new world opened up.
i was pointed to various vendors.
the ppl where so friendly recommending the best products - i felt right at home and even ended up vaping my socks!
it was like i was part of the family. this is not very common for this on a public forum.
i felt so at home that i felt the need to provide back to the community, so thats when i started with the youtube mini review videos.
the response i got from them was beyond what i expected as in my eyes i was such a noob compared to the professional reviewers in America and so.
the responses i got was amazing, people thanked me for my simplistic views on products, they gave me tips and suggestions on camera angles and lighting. this inspired me do do more.
all of a sudden some vendors approached me to do some reviews for them, i was totally blown away.
sadly and gladly at the same time, i discovered the REO, and i was no longer looking and hunting for that perfect vape.
so i was not buying more stuff to review.
but i always still checked in to see who i could help, most of the times by the time i get to the post someone has already recommended the product i would have, so i just give a like or move on to the next post.

but all in all it has been a journey of note, i have met so many new people, and sometimes people greet me at a vendor by my name and i feel ashamed that i dont know them.... :(

i wanted to mention names, but there has been so many, that i don't what anyone to fell left out so i will do this... @ecigssa yes you, if you are an old member, a new member, i consider you my family and i thank you for not only helping me quit cigarettes, but also removing it from my brain almost as something that does not exist and helping me to meet like minded people that i can call my friends from various creeds of life!!!!

here is to the next.....

Congrats mate,

Well done with fag situation. Not been member of forum very long but echo your thoughts entirely as to help and information available. Thanks to all involved, it is making big improvement to my vape experience and knowledge.

Hi there guys and gals

as you can see by my signature I have been off the stinkies for just over 3 months and my oh my what an eventful 3 months it has been

My journey started off like many other vapers who started off with a Twisp not having a clue of what it was about i was having issues with my twisp edge as the thing tasted like burnt cardboard and i was determined not to go back to stinkies which i on my first day after joining the forum discovered what they were called

Within minutes of joining a posted a small bio in the introduce yourself post i was flooded with hi and welcome replies which made me think wow this is cool and the first time ever i thought to myself that a forum can be a pretty cool thing

I asked for advice about various aspects of vaping that day such as what's in ejuice is it good or bad and got directed to quite a few resources such as the general e juice section that taught me what Vg and Pg was as well as the effects of nicotine i was coughing like a cannon and was told to reduce nic and all that so in the space of a couple of hours i was mystified by the whole vape scene and getting pretty well informed of the good and the bad and all the no no's !

The result were pretty obvious the first day

1 I stopped using stinkies completely
2 My vape experience drastically improved
3 I stopped coughing

a week or so later i discovered there was going to be a vape meet and man oh man that was just the tip of the iceberg from there I went to the event out of curiosity not knowing what to expect and you know what that was the best thing ever got to meet some fantastic people who helped me out immensely so the forum got me to meet all these like minded people who have gone through the same thing as me

THis forum got me off the twisp and onto the subox mini and a dripper (Sapor) what a pleasure Just before this vape meet i posted something about a dripper as i did not know how they worked or what is entailed and also mentioned that that aspect would have to wait due to lack of funds the a Mr @Rob Fisher posted a reply that i must go to Vapeking have a chat about a dripper there and get one on his account then i learned that that was called being Piffed

I did not take the offer as i felt a bit awkward but the gesture was most greatly appreciated and did leave a lasting impression of what being in an awesome community is all about that being said i scrapped my pennies together and got me the dripper and wow

The forum was then monumental in the process of learning to make coils getting advice on the important things such as battery safety Juice safety (this was super important in saving me from God knows what harm ) From vaping counterfeit Liquor juice and then i learned about one of the most important things call Ohms law which i would never admit to my stepdad haha he is into electronics and could not drill that into my head at all
which changed till i found the forum

I then started the diy journey and that i find the most fun of all and i learned so much there it is so much to mention

so all in all everything i have learned about vaping is all credited the this forum which rules !!!

Last edited:
Hi all

28th October will mark my two year anniversary of being off the smokes. For me, this is a major milestone. It is something I am very, very proud of and something I would not have imagined two years ago.

ECIGSSA has been a fundamental part of me staying off the stinkies, especially in the first 6 months. And thereafter it has been instrumental in improving my vape experience.

I have had untold amounts of help in so many ways from so many people. Even long before becoming part of the Admin and Mod team. The help I have received has spanned many areas. From how to build my own coils for the mini protank 2 from legends such as @BhavZ, to impeccable Reo advice and many phone calls with superheroes like @Andre. Then @johan with all his help on the technical and electrical front, helping me to measure wire with micrometers and so many other things. And @Alex, for his super loyalty and care on many a late night call when things have gone wrong. And @Yiannaki with advice on so many occasions on the coil front. @Rob Fisher with all the help and calls discussing what devices just work out the box and what devices give problems. @Paulie with all the juice samples and helping me to discover new flavours and devices. The list is almost endless, I am only touching the surface!

The forum has also kept me in touch with the vendors and what they are up to. There is no way I would have come across all the great vendors, products and juices I have without this place.

I owe a BIG thank you to each and every one of you on this forum (including all the awesome vendors) for making it the place it is. And to @Gizmo for creating it! Without it, my vaping would be nowhere near where it is and I think I might just have gone back to smoking.

View attachment 37661

So, to say thanks and to have a bit of fun, I am going to run a little competition.

To celebrate my 2 years which is 730 days, I am going to give a prize of R730 in cash to the winner of this competition. But wait, there's more ;-) Runner-up is going to get half that - i.e. R365.

All you have to do is try describe in your best possible way how this forum has helped you on your vaping journey. Try be sincere and original.

Competition will close at midnight on 28th October 2015.
Winner and runner up will be announced on or before 31st October 2015.

Rules and info:
  • This is my personal competition and totally separate from ECIGSSA. The prize money comes from me, not ECIGSSA or any vendor.
  • I will be the judge of this competition and my decision on the winners will be final.
  • Only posts in this thread will be judged.
  • I will be looking at originality of your post, sincerity and the way you get the message across. Conciseness will be looked on favourably.
  • Only one entry per person. You may edit your post but then make a post that you have edited it.
  • This competition is open to all members of ECIGSSA. This includes members of the Admin & Mod team and vendors. I will try do everything I can to not let that interfere with my judging.
  • Once the winners have been announced, they must PM me with their banking details and I will EFT the prize money into their bank accounts.

Well done, two years is huge!!!! My story ain't so flash, so I'm not even going to bother too much, the forum is and will always be awesome, but I reckon you're gonna get some real tearjerkers!! Once again, give that man a bells!

Congrats Hi Ho... only ex smokers can appreciate the importance of a mile stone like this! :rock:

I can still remember when @vaalboy told me about a vaping forum at a fishing competition... I logged on a few days later and was greeted by the likes of @Andre, @Silver, @Gizmo and @Stroodlepuff and that was the beginning of my real journey. The spirit of ECIGSSA was 100% the reason I managed to stay off the stinkies and I made friends very quickly and the help and genuine affection from the members was nothing short of epic! It's hard to type out the story without getting emotional because the day I logged onto ECIGSSA was most certainly a milestone in my life and one I will cherish as will I cherish the friends and acquaintances I have made online.

I have belonged to a few forums in my 60 years on this planet and I have to say that ECIGSSA far outstrips any others for the help, impact and friendliness by a country mile! ECIGSSA and it's members are family and you all ROCK! :rock:

Wow @Silver! This is incredible on both fronts! Big congrats on being stinky free for a whopping 2 years. What a awesome way of giving back to the community with this competition!!

I would never expected this.. Way to go @Silver my friend!

I will go. But please don't pick me for obvious reasons.

I started this forum in October of 2013 as I saw the only portal South Africa had to talk about ecigs was a tiny little sub-forum hidden away on ECF.. It also was not very active at the time.. I really felt it was necessary for there to be a truly South African forum focused around user experience and ease of use because back then ECF also used a very old version of vBulletin and socially it was way behind the likes of IP.Board and Xenforo, so thus ECIGSSA was born.

I always wanted to run a forum, as I have always had the know how with websites, but could never find the right niche to focus on.. So this ignited it my desire to start quicker. I was probably on ECF for 2 days before I launched ECIGSSA.

It was quite amazing how the members just swarmed in quite quickly as if they had all been wanting this, I also feel like this forum has been a corner stone for E-Cig growth in SA if I look back from then to now.

Now, I am not going stand here an horn my own horn, because that would be nonsense. All I did was create the platform, the members created the place it is today.

And can I tell you what, this is one very special place.. I have formed some really long term friendships here due to it.. Even this Saturday we having a little get together and this is a continuous thing.. I for one, am not strong socially never have been. I am naturally quite introverted however, the people on this forum have never made me feel more welcome.. Sure we have had a few bad eggs but overall this has been one major awesome ride..

Thanks Guys!

Warren.

Thank you for all your replies guys

@kimbo - am waiting for your entry ;-) Take your time ;-)

Lovely comments, thanks @PeterHarris ! - lol - you did vape your socks indeed. If anyone doesn't believe that, just do a search. There is a video on that.

@Neal - thanks for the words - from Swaziland

@Eequinox - great words and thanks for taking the time to share them - congrats on the 3 months

Appreciate the sentiments @theyettie

Thanks @Rob Fisher for your words, epic and so well summarised. And how could I forget @vaalboy who helped me debate and analyse several times on the phone the ideal coil, wick and placement on the RM2!

Thanks @Gizmo, you the dude who got us all into this :D

And to those who have entered the competition so far
Looking very good, thanks!

I will describe Ecigssa as a DIY dad living in another town. Always willing and always there to help me when I need help and advice with any vaping and even non-vaping related issues.
Just like a dad, I can call Ecigssa anytime of the day or night (by opening the website) and get answers and advice.
If I need advice and start a thread with questions, it's like sending the DIY dad an sms. He will either respond immediately or the next day (when a thread is started during late night), just like the ecigssa members.
This has been my go to place for advice and updates on latest devices, juices and, just like the DIY dad, a visit now and then at a central place and just having fun.
Ecigssa has been fundamental in my vaping journey and I would not have been able to do it without my DIY Dad, Ecigssa.

Happy vaping everyone and congrats on your almost 2 years @Silver !

Were to begin?

Like most of us I wanted to quit smoking to better my life but unlike most of us I need the nicotine in a different way a well. See I have Behcets Syndrome and the nicotine helps with the ulcers.

My experiment to see if vaping will have the same effect as smoking was pushed to another level when I found the forum.

Just over a year ago I joined the forum to ask for advice, and after sharing my story Gifts just started rolling in. Not because I asked for it, but that was/is the awesome people here.

To make a long story short vaping has proven to be so much better. I have not seen an ulcer from the day I started vaping.

Then my first vape meet, what an experience. I wanted to look people in the eye and say thank you for this life changing gift they gave me. The first person I bump into was @Rob Fisher in the car park. When I entered the venue it was like coming home.

When you in my position being in a wheelchair social events are not always accessible, I mean a normal step can become a mountain, but with the friendly help of the ECIGSSA members the day was a blast. Meeting the persons behind the avatar, @Silver @devdev @johan @PeterHarris and so many more.

Then the day Alexandra (Reo Grand) came into my life. RMG the pleasure that the Reo gave me over the last few months, the absolute no frills no fuss of this mod really elevated my vaping to another level.

So @Silver you ask what has this forum done to help on my vaping journey?

Before ECIGSSA the thought never came up to get on a bus and go to a meet were I know nobody, again being in a wheelchair planning a trip like that take a bit longer than just get on the bus and go. I even bribed my cousin to take me to another meet and to vapecon. (He is also a vaper now)

The help and advice on matters not just relating to vaping, the selfless, open heartedness of the people. The friends I have made and interact with daily.

All in all I would say ECIGSSA played a great part to better my life and living situation (the house smells like Sweets for Heaven now)

Were to begin?

Like most of us I wanted to quit smoking to better my life but unlike most of us I need the nicotine in a different way a well. See I have Behcets Syndrome and the nicotine helps with the ulcers.

My experiment to see if vaping will have the same effect as smoking was pushed to another level when I found the forum.

Just over a year ago I joined the forum to ask for advice, and after sharing my story Gifts just started rolling in. Not because I asked for it, but that was/is the awesome people here.

To make a long story short vaping has proven to be so much better. I have not seen an ulcer from the day I started vaping.

Then my first vape meet, what an experience. I wanted to look people in the eye and say thank you for this life changing gift they gave me. The first person I bump into was @Rob Fisher in the car park. When I entered the venue it was like coming home.

When you in my position being in a wheelchair social events are not always accessible, I mean a normal step can become a mountain, but with the friendly help of the ECIGSSA members the day was a blast. Meeting the persons behind the avatar, @Silver @devdev @johan @PeterHarris and so many more.

Then the day Alexandra (Reo Grand) came into my life. RMG the pleasure that the Reo gave me over the last few months, the absolute no frills no fuss of this mod really elevated my vaping to another level.

Before ECIGSSA the thought never came up to get on a bus and go to a meet were I know nobody, again being in a wheelchair planning a trip like that take a bit longer than just get on the bus and go. I even bribed my cousin to take me to another meet and to vapecon. (He is also a vaper now)

The help and advice on matters not just relating to vaping, the selfless, open heartedness of the people. The friends I have made and interact with daily.

All in all I would say ECIGSSA played a great part to better my life and living situation (the house smells like Sweets for Heaven now)
Your story makes me smile every time I hear it, considering that nicotine is essential to you and not just an "addiction" and how vaping has added value to your life unlike smoking which I am quite sure would have shortened it quite a lot. You sir, are an inspiration to all, for your determination to not give up :rock:

As @BumbleBee put it so well (I can't agree more) @kimbo: "your story makes me smile every time I hear it" We are privileged to have you on this forum, not just as a fellow vaper, but also good friend with an awesome story to tell. :rock:

Thanks @kimbo
You are an inspiration to many!
I am so glad the vaping worked well for you

Were to begin?

Wow! I actually felt too bad posting in this thread. Feels like I'll be taking someone's money for nothing. But geez, this story is remarkable. If this were up to a vote, you'd have mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

w00000t @Silver Nice 1, another 50 years .......:)

The Long and Short of it all is,
With great "Friends here" anything is Possible
enough said ;)

Back