NB User Rating System And Performance Tweaks

Gizmo

Catalyst
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Vendor
LV

Awards
I have been so busy lately to optimize the forum. But with this long weekend I have luckily had some free time.

I have removed some addons that after monitoring have been heavy resource chewers thus, performance has been improved.

I have also implemented a simplified user rating system that you can be seen under each persons post bit. This will be useful for newbies to see which members are trustworthy specially when dealing with classifieds. So members please get rating!

However, Administrators and Moderators have full control here. If this is abused in anyway, action will be taken.

Hopefully you all are having a great long weekend!

Giz..

Nice add on @Gizmo

Would it be the star rating as in the pic below?

Capture.PNG

I just rated you. As you can see under your avatar. The hearts.. These can be changed to stars or anything. I thought the hearts were fitting :)

I just rated you. As you can see under your avatar. The hearts.. These can be changed to stars or anything. I thought the hearts were fitting :)
Ahh ok i see

Go to the member's profile page and click on the relevant heart rating under their avatar. A dialogue box will pop up in which you will need to add a comment.

Certain members rating systems are blocked; ie: Andre

Awesome. Only seen this now and already have one rating. Lol thanks @johan...

I think it's a good initiative for everyone to know who they can trust. Nice work @Gizmo

Whats your guys thoughts on the post info hidden until mouse over?

I like it with the mouse over, even hiding the user stats. Some members (looking at @Rob Fisher ) have plenty of banners and that just makes a post by that member a bit long before you see the next. I dont mind seeing all the stats but this looks cleaner. :)

Hi @Gizmo

Just reading this now

Rating aystem looks interesting, will check it out

But

I think the posts should be seen. That is one of the most important things in my view

Along with the join date and the location!

I cant easily mouse over when using the ipad
And being able to see all this info at once I think is very important.

I am in two minds about the rating system.
Takes quite a few clicks and a compulsory comment to rate someone and doing it for all the current members are going to be a job and a half. And one's rating may change over time. Will it be used in the long run or just whilst it is something new?
Will it be of real value? Is anyone going to give anyone a poor rating or rather no rating at all? So, in the end, it is just a numbers game, which the number of posts and medals already cover?
That said, I am sure the mod/admin team have duly considered before implementing and they see value in this?

How about the rating icons (agree, spel check ,etc) , make it a dubbel-click so that it is not accidentally clicked. Especially by touch screens?
I have done this a lot.

How about the rating icons (agree, spel check ,etc) , make it a dubbel-click so that it is not accidentally clicked. Especially by touch screens?
I have done this a lot.

Please no...you can always undo after the fact (i.e. when you get called out :p )...double clicks would just be more work, and I'm lazy ;)

I am in two minds about the rating system.
Takes quite a few clicks and a compulsory comment to rate someone and doing it for all the current members are going to be a job and a half. And one's rating may change over time. Will it be used in the long run or just whilst it is something new?
Will it be of real value? Is anyone going to give anyone a poor rating or rather no rating at all? So, in the end, it is just a numbers game, which the number of posts and medals already cover?
That said, I am sure the mod/admin team have duly considered before implementing and they see value in this?

That is a very good point Andre. I was in 2 minds about getting it. I just thought the comment system with the rating is powerful. I think what I will do is not show those ratings on the post bit info but rather only on your profile page, so that if need be you can find out more information on that user by viewing their profile. Similar to what Facebook does.

Back