VapeCon 2015 Brought To You By ECIGSSA! 30th May 2015!

10898128_334652440062480_222217844891951533_n.png
ECIGSSA is proud to announce the first ever electronic cigarette convention in South Africa! All your donations and support from vendors has not gone waste in fact, the surplus has been set aside for this event. This has been in planning for sometime and all the details have been tied up and I am pleased to announce it now!

The entire point of the VapeCon 2015 is to bring in new Vapers to the scene. A massive majority of the funding is going towards tree pole advertising on all main roads in JHB and possibly a radio advert. We expecting numbers between 1000 - 1500 for the day.

The core organizer that helped arrange this is, is the same person who is behind Rocking 4 Rhino's and is an event veteran (@Northcliff Vape King)

We can expect to witness the true world of "vaping" with many awesome vendors displaying their amazing products as well competitions, workshops, chill out zones, cloud chasing, beer garden, The coffee stop, restaurant, DJ's and of course the VapeCon 2015 lucky draw of which all proceeds go to the Rocking For Rhinos organisation!

We could always use more funding if you want to be involved please be sure to PM or email info@vapecon.co.za me so we can make this annually massive event.

More details will be announced as the date draws closer. The official website with more info will also be launched shortly.

So the news is out! See you all at VapeCon 2015
Guys, This sounds awesome!!!! But please please tell me you are throwing some money towards the marketing of the event? perhaps interviews on like jacaranda and so on... placards next to the road... you get where i'm going with this... if the only marketing is going to be on forums, and word of mouth, this will not work.... Especially when you are trying to pull people in who are not currently vapers.....

Guys, This sounds awesome!!!! But please please tell me you are throwing some money towards the marketing of the event? perhaps interviews on like jacaranda and so on... placards next to the road... you get where i'm going with this... if the only marketing is going to be on forums, and word of mouth, this will not work.... Especially when you are trying to pull people in who are not currently vapers.....
We have paid for street pole ads on all the main roads. And the flyers are going to be handed out all over the show. We will see closer to the time if there is still funds for radio advertising but at the moment that is not possible

try and ring up jacaranda... or any radio show for that matter, they are all under the wrong impression with regards to vaping... it would be good for the vaping community if it had a good word on the radio... i'm sure you can arrange for something on one of the morning shows... they gooi the English pretty good so you don't have a worry, HEHE

try and ring up jacaranda... or any radio show for that matter, they are all under the wrong impression with regards to vaping... it would be good for the vaping community if it had a good word on the radio... i'm sure you can arrange for something on one of the morning shows... they gooi the English pretty good so you don't have a worry, HEHE
I agree. And hell... The way Riaan's show is going lately, he will just about interview anybody...

exactly, and the thing is... the vaping community could use some positive radio publicity, now, if I was a public speaker I would have promoted the crap out of this event, but i'm not, oh wait, give me a couple of beers, and i'll have them entertained for the whole morning. hehe.... we need more publicity... and I dont know how much, or if at all it costs the guys that are online anything... but, I think it would be good for someone to set the record straight whilst at the same time promoting the event...

LOL just remembered that Riaan sent MalJan with a trucker up in Afrika after having an interview with the trucker, so if he can interview a trucker, I bet he can interview a vaper, hehe.... and get MalJan to vape for a week ROFLMAO

In my humble opinion radio advertising as such will be too costly if you really want to get a wide reach. Just a radio ad here and there never cuts it. However, if there is some extra money it would be an idea to do little PR packs which can be given to journalists. The pack could contain a basic ecig with no nic juice to see how nice vaping can be. Coupled with the pack will be an info brochure on latest research and a pamphlet about the event. Another cost effective tool is developing email banners which forum members can use. I think sometimes you get a free trial for rocket-seed etc. The money show on 702 is also a good space to target if it is packaged in such a way that there is an economics related angle.

In my humble opinion radio advertising as such will be too costly if you really want to get a wide reach. Just a radio ad here and there never cuts it. However, if there is some extra money it would be an idea to do little PR packs which can be given to journalists. The pack could contain a basic ecig with no nic juice to see how nice vaping can be. Coupled with the pack will be an info brochure on latest research and a pamphlet about the event. Another cost effective tool is developing email banners which forum members can use. I think sometimes you get a free trial for rocket-seed etc. The money show on 702 is also a good space to target if it is packaged in such a way that there is an economics related angle.

Sometimes they invite people on the money show for FREE if there is something interesting to share.

Thanks for your suggestions @saiman
Great ideas!

Great ideas guys :) I will look into it.

In the meantime though tickets will be available at selected retailers from Next week. At The moment we have them at the VK Fourways branch and the Northcliff branch but I will be sending out to all retailers wanting to carry tickets, just to make it easier for you guys to get your hands on them :)

What are the rules and categories for the cloud comp? What juice will be used (Supplied or open?)?

Looking forward to this #cloudchasing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Juntau, introduce yourself. Ive seen you many times and you look really good for a 45 yr old. Vapings doing you good

No! I will be advisor, validation and verification officer for this event.

Glad you'll be there Ohm Johan. Missed you at the last meet and a meet without Ohm Johan is just not a meet :p

We are happy to announce that tickets can now be purchased from the following outlets for R120.00 per ticket.

- Vape Cartel
- Vape King (Fourways, Parkwood, Northcliff and Kempton)

We hope this makes it easier for you all to get your ticket!

We now ask anyone who has time on their hands to please go and invite your friends list to the official event : https://www.facebook.com/events/357229457795749/369450023240359/

Lets show the world of vaping to even more people!

Back