Vaping In Public...

Ricgt

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
So whats the deal with vaping in public?

What would you vetrans consider propper vapers etiquette in public spaces?

When you are at a restaurant do you walk into the smoking section or do you just have a few toots sitting down at the table/bar?

I think I am just adjusting from the stinkies so am a little bit conscious of vaping in public places. I dunno maybe I am just over thinking the whole thing, but I still get a hairy eye ball from time to time when out and about vaping.

I guess after so many years of being persecuted as a smoker I’m maybe a little more brazen than I should be now that’s I’m as pure as the driven snow being a non-stinky vaper… I do vape pretty much everywhere but I do try and be a little respectful in restaurants… I tend to rather sit outside and vape… but I do vape indoors but I don’t send huge clouds out but rather a slow release down my chest.

I haven’t been kakked on yet so I must be doing it more ninja style than a cloud blowing competition if you get my drift.

Depends on were I go...

If I go to the restorants that know me I vape were is sit.
If I go to a Mall were they sell vapes I vape.
If I go to a place I don't know, I will first look around and take in the
suroundings and then decide if I will vape or not. Normaly I do and
have had no problems exept for one incedent were a old lady complaind
about my 'SMOKING'

I agree with @Rob Fisher, I don't blow huge clouds. I normaly keep it small and simple

Nice feedback! I am still feeling out this whole vaping sceen so everyday is something new learnt.

Nice feedback! I am still feeling out this whole vaping sceen so everyday is something new learnt.

Later on you will be vaping with out thinking about it and will find yourself vaping were you thaught you would never vape... look around and see no wone even paying attention to you.

It is weard at the begining, but you will get use to it. ;)

Hmm I vape away, I haven't been approached as yet even in malls puffing away

They look at device n don't see a ciggie

I'm actually gonna go against the consensus so far. I don't vape where it might bother other people. Restaurants, shops, work. I'll go outside - not to a smoking area. But I suppose it's also a good way for me to work at quitting.

The way I see it, although it's not harmful, but it's similar to these tappits that drive around with their music blasting loud enough to kill insects - if it's impacting other people, I won't be selfish enough to do it.

I vape where ever I am, except of course in the office, although I have stealth vaped there. But as for Resturants, I respect the other partrions unless I am sitting at an outside resturant, but if inside I go outside, I do not go into the stinkie room. Malls, if feel it safe to do so and it is not crowded, then I will vape walking in mall. I have been know to vape in palces like wollies and builders and have not had any issues yet, as a matter a fact I have never had an issue anywhere that I have vaped.

As for non-smokers mostly at work and in some public spaces, almost all are OK with me vaping, I even have some non-smokers asking why I do not vape in the office and all have no problem standing around me when I vape.

IMO the general public are no as ignorant about vapeing as we think, IMO stubborn stinkie smokers are more ignorant than non-smokers about vapeing.

IMO the general public are no as ignorant about vapeing as we think, IMO stubborn stinkie smokers are more ignorant than non-smokers about vapeing.

That is the truth!!!!! It is normaly the Smokers that have a problem with us vaping not the non-smokers.

In restaurants even though I'm officially a non smoker, I still book a table in the smoking section. Smoking doesn't bother me and I generally prefer the atmosphere in the smoking section. People in the non smoking sections always seem so miserable and they seem like they're desperate sit down, eat and get the hell out of there. Smokers always seem to want to make an evening out of it.

I have spent a few evenings in non smoking sections and looked at the other people and wondered why they just didn't use the KFC/McDonald's drive through.

In restaurants even though I'm officially a non smoker, I still book a table in the smoking section. Smoking doesn't bother me and I generally prefer the atmosphere in the smoking section. People in the non smoking sections always seem so miserable and they seem like they're desperate sit down, eat and get the hell out of there. Smokers always seem to want to make an evening out of it.

I have spent a few evenings in non smoking sections and looked at the other people and wondered why they just didn't use the KFC/McDonald's drive through.

Interesting, doesn't that just up your temptation to have a smoke by sitting there? like you said s**t is usually more lively in the smoking section so wouldn't a tequila or two just swing you back to the stinkies.

Interesting, doesn't that just up your temptation to have a smoke by sitting there? like you said s**t is usually more lively in the smoking section so wouldn't a tequila or two just swing you back to the stinkies.

The more I drink the more I vape, and cigarettes still taste disgusting. not a problem for me ;)

I'm glad to say, no. Maybe it has to do with the way I switched over to vaping. It was simply a case of "I don't smoke them anymore(analogues), I now smoke(vape) these". My partner started vaping at the same time as me, but she is still doing a half/half job of it. I really don't understand how she can't drop the analogues altogether. For me it just felt like I was changing from camel to chesterfield. There was no big change.

I dont vape in other peoples space, its a matter of respect.
I walk outside or sit in the smoking section.

I'm glad to say, no. Maybe it has to do with the way I switched over to vaping. It was simply a case of "I don't smoke them anymore(analogues), I now smoke(vape) these". My partner started vaping at the same time as me, but she is still doing a half/half job of it. I really don't understand how she can't drop the analogues altogether. For me it just felt like I was changing from camel to chesterfield. There was no big change.

Ok cool that makes sense, I feel the same way.

You will be dripping into your drink and sipping your top cap?

I can't do smoking sections anymore. I come out of there smelling like a nightclub. I know I use to smell like that all the time but now that my nose is working properly I can't handle it. I have to shower and get the clothes I was wearing in the wash as soon as I get home. I really didn't want to be that guy but really I can't even get a lift with a smoker that smokes in their car, which I have to endure when driving my dad. All the while I remember that this is what I put non smokers through when I was smoking. I also see customers on a daily basis and shudder to think of what I smelled like walking in just after finishing a smoke.
I try my best not to vape in areas where one would not be allowed to smoke as a courtesy aswell as not stirring the pot to much there is enough stigma attached to vaping without me adding to it and until people are properly educated as to what we are doing why add to it.

Discretion is key, if you're in a place and feel comfortable to vape then go for it but try keep it on the down low, if you're stuck in a smoking section then feel free to fire up the big guns and turn that smelly place into a rain forest!

I was stealthing it on the plane back from Durbs this past weekend. Don't think anyone even noticed.

A lot of the heat in the EU and US came from not respecting other peoples space. I also learned this the hard way when I caused quite a scene in a bar once. (Won't talk about that).

If we make a hassel of ourselves, whether we are in the right or not, people will complain. When enough people complain, we'll be taken notice of and then we'll be restricted. After that, we'll be regulated.

Even though there's law in place in our country, it's hardly being enforced because it's not a problem. When it becomes a problem, we'll all be getting prescriptions for Dekang in no time. And if you think e-lqiuid is expensive now...

Simple rule I live by - DO NOT vape where you can not smoke! We really don't need any more heat on us. Non-smokers have the right not to breath in anything we exhale, harmful or not and the truth is many times they have no idea what it is. Just looks like smoke and that's kind of where the problem comes in.

I'm with RevenLucky7 on this one. If I do go into a restaurant with a smoking section - I sit there. Granted the smell of cigarette smoke is very unpleasant for me now, but in light of all the negative publicity around vaping a little bit of discomfort is worth it for me to continue with my chosen intake of nicotine.
Also, it makes me feel great that after a 3 pack a day habit for 30 years I can sit and face temptation head on and not even feel the slightest pull back to the dark side ;)
I work for myself so I vape in the office, my PA on the other hand still smokes - but I am working on converting her too.

Back