Vaping In Public...

@baksteen8168 respect for that sir!

@Danny the difference in the cravings! The best part about being a vaper!
I can go 12 hours without a vape and be fine..
I love the fact that I'm not addicted to 4000 chemicals! Just using the nicotine now ;)

There is more then 1 addictive property to those cancer sticks to just keep you coming back for more!

When I started off vaping, I more often than not adhered to no smoking area's and despite the environment being disgusting, persevered by sitting in smoking area's. Over the months my behavior has changed and I usually vape everywhere I can, but do so as unobtrusively as possible. Perceptions are generally very difficult to change and the last thing I'd want is a non smoker/vaper being affected by my vaping.

I always remind myself how resitricted I was when smoking, so now don't want to blow my freedom by being an arrogant vaper.

Iv made a point to vape everywhere I see no smoking signs. Its just who I am ;)
Social experiments are enlightening. They give you a nice cross section of what people think they know, and what they actually know ;)

Of all the places Iv vaped, from the bank to doctors waiting rooms. The only place I
had someone say to me "hey! you not allowed to smoke in here!" was MCDONALDS!

My response was, "its not smoke" to that I received an arrogant "IT IS SMOKE!" reply.

NOW the game was ON! After a rather heated discussion (argument) over the counter.
I emerged triumphant, and sat at my table (inside) puffing away.

Vapers 1, Mcdonalds 0!

Know your rights, dont take sh*t from people! The vapour coming off coffee is not smoke. It might look like smoke, but its not, and until theres a sign that says no vaping. I feel entitled in my right to vape.
That being said, i do advocate the use of manners eg. dont vape into someones face ;)

Gareth

Sorry broski, but I'm X'ing you big time on this one.
Fact is, I can relate - I've been in this situation too and funny enough I think we share a similar kind of attitude and approache when we get defensive. We go in guns blazing. Wisdom dictates that while this might seem as a hearoic approach, it's also very stupid.

Regardless of actually being right - that person does not need to know the facts to log a formal complaint, smoke or not. When the powers that be investigate what happened, to follow up on the complaint, inquiries are made at the department of health. Now they become aware of it. 50 more random complaints and all of a sudden it's an epidemic. All of a sudden it's tits up and even more regulations are set in place.

Negative vibes surrounding vaping should be avoided at all costs. What seems like a little argument and debate to you between two people does not stop there once you leave the building. It gets escalated. This is exactly why the guys in the EU are now all forced to vape outdoors, only problem is there's a hatred for vapors now because so many people were pissed off.

We have a choice - vape outside and be respected for it. Or vape outside because everyone got pissed off and forced us too. Either way, soon, we will all be vaping outside. That's for certain.

Last edited:
Agreed, I just feel it's unfair for someone to be persecuted for something they didn't do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And here i am vaping away in my hospital bed, after the sisters said its ok to vape here

Sent from Periwinkle the MVP

"Like" on being allowed to vape in hospital, but what are you doing there??? Are you okay??? :eek:

Haha i'm fine just taking out my wisdome teeth

Ag thank you, im going to dreamland for a wile ;)

Dank the dormicum, waiting for it to kik in now. Stil wide awaik

you sure about that, seems like you're going a bit squint on the typing there ;-) :--P best of luck :hug:

Well, I'm awake now :giggle: Vaping in hospital was nice. And thank you for all you guys sweet wishes.

I get nervous in the malls, people just dont understand some times...

So i go stand with my Nemisis and Russian 91% at the twisp counter :p
I vape and talk to the twisp guy making SURE to show all the ppl wanting to buy twisp that there is other stuff out there ;)
Ha Ha. Love that idea. I'll be giving that a go in a few malls down here in Cape Town. Surely if a mall has got a Twisp counter it's ok to vape in a mall?? Anybody have any problems vaping in malls like Tygervalley or Cape Gate?

Ha Ha. Love that idea. I'll be giving that a go in a few malls down here in Cape Town. Surely if a mall has got a Twisp counter it's ok to vape in a mall?? Anybody have any problems vaping in malls like Tygervalley or Cape Gate?

If there is a twisp stand vaping in the mall generally isnt and issue, well none that I have experienced but I would advise caution when it comes to vaping in any of the stores.

If there is a twisp stand vaping in the mall generally isnt and issue, well none that I have experienced but I would advise caution when it comes to vaping in any of the stores.
Great stuff, and no, I wouldn't vape in a store. I am very new (less than a week) to vaping, and always consider the next person.

Great stuff, and no, I wouldn't vape in a store. I am very new (less than a week) to vaping, and always consider the next person.
Personally in public I prefer to stealth vape, puff, take in another breath of air, hold then blow down my shirt. Never had issues with that. My observation has been that as long as no one sees the vapour no one really cares.

Personally in public I prefer to stealth vape, puff, take in another breath of air, hold then blow down my shirt. Never had issues with that. My observation has been that as long as no one sees the vapour no one really cares.
Aha, i'll give that a try. Funny things humans, they see smoke, and assume it's bad.

Cloud blowing in malls will get you banned and vaping a bad name I'm sure

I Vape everywhere I go, I treat it as a social experiment to see what peoples reactions are. The old tannies in Woolies food are usually the best.

I have only been asked to stop at 2 places. At a Spur, the manager came over and told us that Spur had a new policy that vaping is no longer allowed where you are not allowed to smoke, never had a problem at any other Spur so no idea if she lied or anything.

The Second time happened at Slugg & Lettuce in Stellenbosch where the manager came and quite rudely said that we should stop vaping immediately and that we are disturbing the other patrons. Nobody seem to have complained and the Guy was really a ****. Then he left and the waiter came over and apologised and said we can continue vaping.

I Vape everywhere I go, I treat it as a social experiment to see what peoples reactions are. The old tannies in Woolies food are usually the best.

I have only been asked to stop at 2 places. At a Spur, the manager came over and told us that Spur had a new policy that vaping is no longer allowed where you are not allowed to smoke, never had a problem at any other Spur so no idea if she lied or anything.

The Second time happened at Slugg & Lettuce in Stellenbosch where the manager came and quite rudely said that we should stop vaping immediately and that we are disturbing the other patrons. Nobody seem to have complained and the Guy was really a ****. Then he left and the waiter came over and apologised and said we can continue vaping.
Which Spur did you go to?

The one at N1 City told me that

Which Spur did you go to?

The one at N1 City told me that

Glengarry in Durbanville. So she wasn't talking total hogwash. If so I won't be visiting again. Not that there is much there to keep going back for.

Last edited:
I still believe that we should consider the next person . I always ask in a restaurant if is ok to vape and normally they answer if is a twisp is ok ( and i show them that is similar so they cool) . I work in canal walk mall and vaping there is not an issue walking around but not all shop are happy with it so please guys just ask first . The last thing we want is sign with no vaping etc . Just my two cents

Back