Vaping in thailand

morras

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
howzit all

Fortunate enoughf to be going to thailand for 10 days next year april ...

Problem is i hear vaping is banned ? Is this true ?

Annyone been the latley ?

Yup its banned - it was the worst news of 2017 in the Vaping Scene. I really have no advice here, other than - don't try sneak a fast one in Thailand, you will end up in a black hole for years. You might need to look into HNB, not sure if this falls under the vaping law in Thailand.

We visited Thailand in October this year. Took our devices and juice with us and had no problems. That being said we did the following...

Device & Juice in main luggage, batteries in our carry on luggage. We also had a smaller (non-removable battery) devices and a small amount of juice in our carry on luggage. We used the smaller devices at the airports (Singapore, Koh Samui) without any problems. We just vaped in smoking areas. I believe that most of the horror stories are where people vaped in non-smoking areas. Also keep the vaping stealthy.

A friend of mine went to Thailand via Phuket (same time as us) and had to pay a 1000 baht fine, but could keep his device.
(non official fine so it sounded more like a bribe).

I would reckon keeping your batteries in your hand luggage and the rest in your main luggage, would be fine. And always stealth vape in smoking areas only.

We visited Thailand in October this year. Took our devices and juice with us and had no problems. That being said we did the following...

Device & Juice in main luggage, batteries in our carry on luggage. We also had a smaller (non-removable battery) devices and a small amount of juice in our carry on luggage. We used the smaller devices at the airports (Singapore, Koh Samui) without any problems. We just vaped in smoking areas. I believe that most of the horror stories are where people vaped in non-smoking areas. Also keep the vaping stealthy.

A friend of mine went to Thailand via Phuket (same time as us) and had to pay a 1000 baht fine, but could keep his device.
(non official fine so it sounded more like a bribe).

I would reckon keeping your batteries in your hand luggage and the rest in your main luggage, would be fine. And always stealth vape in smoking areas only.
So if I go to a bar or the beach I basically can't use my device?

Nicorette (nicotine chewing gum) got me off stinkies 3 years ago and now it's my back-up for when I may not vape, or if there's a power cut and I can't recharge. It's available in 2mg and 4mg nic and 3 flavours: Fresh Mint (refreshing), Fruit and Regular. The Regular is absolutely AWFUL! I buy the 105-piece packets, but smaller ones (I can't remember how many in a box) are available if you want to do a test-drive!

It's available at Clicks & DisChem. If you're going to need it while travelling, I suggest you buy now as they often run out of stock.

Nicorette.jpg

Eish - all of a sudden i am not looking forward to this trip as much as before !

A mate of mine flew to Thailand tonight... will ask him for a vape status update!

@Hooked great work and thank you for gathering all that information. Just giving you all my personal experience with vaping in Thailand. And I can assure you that I did not end up in a Thai prison. Always a risk though... Perhaps you can share your trip to Thailand?

Forgot to mention that in my research it was mentioned that Bangkok is the riskiest place to vape. I did not go to Bangkok. We just toured the islands which seem to be more lenient with vaping.

Last edited:
@Hooked great work and thank you for gathering all that information. Just giving you all my personal experience with vaping in Thailand. And I can assure you that I did not end up in a Thai prison. Always a risk though... Perhaps you can share your trip to Thailand?

Forgot to mention that in my research it was mentioned that Bangkok is the riskiest place to vape. I did not go to Bangkok. We just toured the islands which seem to be more lenient with vaping.

@haruspex I've never been to Thailand lol

I flew to Thailand in September. I left my gear at home, I don't do well in prison. :D

That being said there were a handful of people I saw vaping. Most had a cheaper device. The locals that I saw vaping had devices that they such in from Malaysia.

Remember, unless you are Thai, you are a minority in the country and will get treated as such. Thai police can be very aggressive.

Last edited:
I was actually arrested in Bangkok for vaping back in April. They tried to get some money out of me, but eventually they let me go. Vaping was still a grey area back then, but it wasn't illegal (yet)

I was actually arrested in Bangkok for vaping back in April. They tried to get some money out of me, but eventually they let me go. Vaping was still a grey area back then, but it wasn't illegal (yet)
Well this is a bit unsettling, seeing as my flight is in a few hours.
I'm not going to Bangkok though and plan to only vape in the hotels.
I honestly can't decide if it's worth it to take it with me in my check in bag.

If I do go I will take vape gear... maybe not my expensive stuff but I would certainly take something...

But my mate certainly took his kit with him and had no issues.

Back