Warning - be careful of con artists and scamsters

Check this is what it looks like> So you click on my profile and my transaction summaries look like this:

Positive Feedback: 11
100.0%
Members who left positive: 0
Members who left negative: 11
Total positive feedback: 11
Submit Feedback For r0gue
View Complete Feedbacks for r0gue
Past
Month Past
6 Months Past
12 Months
icon_positive.png
0 0 0
icon_neutral.png
0 0 0
icon_negative.png
0 0 0

So if I scammed someone, it would be there to see.

Thanks guys. All great suggestions. Will discuss with the admin and mod team to see what we can do.

But for the meantime, use common sense and if you're not sure about something or someone feel free to ask another experienced member or one of the admins and mods.

This is really sad as generally the community is very supportive and friendly. Pity that there are a couple of turds in the punchbowl.

I remember the days when I couldn't trust @Andre about shipping. Little did I know when I first joined.

The most important time to take note of scammers and con artists is when buying e-juice. Because yeah buying a crap rda or mod will piss off anyone (mod could explode, but you will be able to tell, by the heat so there is a tell tail sign). But an e-juice has no regulations so you could be smoking cooking oil or whatever, it's just an example. This may cause burn and scaring of the lunges.
So if you buy e juice from facebook, ask for a taste test, and ask him to take the first puff. Thats the true test!

Anyway its just food for thought, but don't be afraid to try new brewers, it helps the community and drives innovation, just be careful

If someone was scammed, then maybe I can......um......"take care" of the problem "cough" :cool:

Edit: Please don't take my comment seriously. It was meant as a joke.

Last edited:
Hi all

Another reminder to all members on the forum

When you are making use of the Classifieds be aware that you do so at your own risk. Please make sure you are dealing with a reputable party and someone that you trust.

When in doubt, we suggest you only deal with well-known retailers or in the case of the Classifieds, a member with a longer history on the forum. Please be extra careful when dealing with newer members with very low post counts.

The Admin & Mod team will not be responsible for any deals that go bad. We have been made aware of a few instances where members have been taken for a ride. I.e. Have paid their money and the person vanished without sending the goods.

There is not much we can do after the fact in these situations. You buy and sell from each other at your own risk. What you can do is take precaution and do your checking beforehand.

Discussing potential purchases with other experienced forum members before you buy is a wise move - especially if you are dealing with an individual that is not well known or if something makes you feel a bit uncomfortable.

Take care and vape on

Hi all

Another reminder to all members on the forum

When you are making use of the Classifieds be aware that you do so at your own risk. Please make sure you are dealing with a reputable party and someone that you trust.

When in doubt, we suggest you only deal with well-known retailers or in the case of the Classifieds, a member with a longer history on the forum. Please be extra careful when dealing with newer members with very low post counts.

The Admin & Mod team will not be responsible for any deals that go bad. We have been made aware of a few instances where members have been taken for a ride. I.e. Have paid their money and the person vanished without sending the goods.

There is not much we can do after the fact in these situations. You buy and sell from each other at your own risk. What you can do is take precaution and do your checking beforehand.

Discussing potential purchases with other experienced forum members before you buy is a wise move - especially if you are dealing with an individual that is not well known or if something makes you feel a bit uncomfortable.

Take care and vape on
Hi Silver

I see the iTrader has been mentioned a few times. I am a member of Carbonite and I have a fairly decent iTrader and it works well. You do get the unlucky ones who ignore logic and unfortunately get scammed but would the admin team consider this?

I am sure a small donation from us forumites could pay for the implementation.

BTW - you guys do an awesome job with the forum and have certain features that I want to suggest to the admins on Carb.

Thank you for the awesome forum.

Thanks @OnePowerfulCorsa
Much appreciated for the suggestion
We have some ideas in this regard already and will take your suggestion into account
In the meantime, please just trade carefully.

An extra note is that the Classifieds are intended for the regular contributors to the forum that take part in the community spirit and spend a fair amount of time on here. Our intention at this stage is not to be a Classifieds service for casual passers by.

PayPal with their Buyers protection ftw! There is a huge second hand market over here, all via facebook. Very seldom that something is sold without PP, I will not buy anything without that option ;)

I'm a noob here, though not in vaping. My post count is low, of course. It'll probably never go very high, I'm the quiet type.

A lot of noobs to vaping will join, and it is the stage where they often want to buy cheaper - read 2nd hand - equipment for good reasons. It'll be sad if they are prevented from doing this, not really the spirit of the vaping community.

Then there is the fact that post count etc doesn't equal trustworthyness.

First thing I was looking for a cheap dripper. Someone with about 300 posts advertised one, lots of bumps and no interest. I PM'd the guy and got a response. I offered to meet, go to his place or whatever many times, no response. My messages were read, but crickets chirped. The RDA is still in the classifieds as for sale.

Yesterday I bought a charger from someone, no issues.

Please don't chuck the baby out with the bathwater.

I'm a noob here, though not in vaping. My post count is low, of course. It'll probably never go very high, I'm the quiet type.

A lot of noobs to vaping will join, and it is the stage where they often want to buy cheaper - read 2nd hand - equipment for good reasons. It'll be sad if they are prevented from doing this, not really the spirit of the vaping community.

First thing I was looking for a cheap dripper. Someone with about 300 posts advertised one, lots of bumps and no interest. I PM'd the guy and got a response. I offered to meet, go to his place or whatever many times, no response. My messages were read, but crickets chirped. The RDA is still in the classifieds as for sale.

What @Silver is trying to say is that a member with x00 posts would have been labeled as a scamster a long time ago and thus you should use your own intuition with regards to sales i.e. search for the member and posts made by him or regarding him/her. Regarding the guy that didnt answer your pm's etc. you were not scammed just ignored.....big difference.

Mate, send me a PM with your details and I will pif you a Cartel Cascata clone rda. I am not getting on with it, but if you want to test the dripper waters before spending any cash you are welcome to it. I find it a ***** to build on, but that may be due to my inexperience, it may well work for you.

I'm not a gamer and don't deal with iTrader and the like. So pardon my ignorance, but if you get on that system and you take someone for a ride and they chuck you off, what's stopping you from just creating another profile? So that way a thief can have zero positive ratings (and probably still attract victims) but also zero negative ratings...

There are always going to be a few basterdos spoiling things for us and taking people for a ride, just be careful people... do you research and make sure it sounds legit !

Silver is on it, so I am sure all plans that are viable will be done to prevent this

Regarding the guy that didnt answer your pm's etc. you were not scammed just ignored.....big difference.

Nowhere did I say or imply that I was scammed. My statement was "Then there is the fact that post count etc doesn't equal trustworthyness."

If you are selling something in classifieds then sell, or take it off. Don't waste people's time. Don't read message after message and ignore.

I've been on a lot of forums dealing with a lot of subjects over many years. It is a common mistake to take a noob on a forum as a noob in life, or on the subject.

Mate, send me a PM with your details and I will pif you a Cartel Cascata clone rda. I am not getting on with it, but if you want to test the dripper waters before spending any cash you are welcome to it. I find it a ***** to build on, but that may be due to my inexperience, it may well work for you.

Thanks very much for your kind and unexpected offer. I will pm you soon.

The vaping community, worlwide, stands out as special for its attitude.

I get your argument man and I completely agree, number of posts shouldn't be misconstrued as being an upstanding citizen. So nothing too radical should be adopted when it comes to who can and can't access the classifieds. I agree with @GerharddP, try and do your own little background check on the member buying/selling.

I was looking around in the classifieds last year and was interested in one ad, I posted something there and out of the blue another forum member pm'd me warning me against that particular member and provided me with the link where that person scammed another forum member. I couldn't believe the audacity of that guy; advertising more stuff after he'd be caught...

Happy vaping, take up @Neal on his offer.

Nowhere did I say or imply that I was scammed. My statement was "Then there is the fact that post count etc doesn't equal trustworthyness."

If you are selling something in classifieds then sell, or take it off. Don't waste people's time. Don't read message after message and ignore.

I've been on a lot of forums dealing with a lot of subjects over many years. It is a common mistake to take a noob on a forum as a noob in life, or on the subject.
In no way was my post intended to offend you. I was only saying that a guy with a long positive record on the forum is more unlikely yo be a scammer..thus the more posts the longer history for you to research. I in now way shape or form implied "noobness" with respect to anything you sayd or that you are a noob in life. Sorry if you felt offended

This is not an easy topic, anyone can get scammed. I was about two years back, the only advice I can give is.
1 If it sounds to good to be true it probably is.
2 If your gut tells you something is wrong, don't do it.
3 do some research, check out the guy of you can.
4 try to get him send you a few photos maby, get an I.d. number and check it on the internet. The guy who scammed me gave an I'd number. After he scammed me, I checked it, and it WAS listed as a scammers I D.
5 always try to rather meet face to face, and have someone with you.

Just my 2c

So i never thought i would be searching for this thread , myself and @Lurkzilla have possibly been scammed by one of the forum members.
We purchased and paid for the items a week ago and the seller is messing us around , can we please implement whatever that was supposed to be implemented when this thread started? @Silver Also what steps can we take to get our goods ? Open up a case ? Get hold of the financial institution to put his bank account on hold ?

@zadiac i might take you up on that offer to take "care" of the issue.

So i never thought i would be searching for this thread , myself and @Lurkzilla have possibly been scammed by one of the forum members.
We purchased and paid for the items a week ago and the seller is messing us around , can we please implement whatever that was supposed to be implemented when this thread started? @Silver Also what steps can we take to get our goods ? Open up a case ? Get hold of the financial institution to put his bank account on hold ?

@zadiac i might take you up on that offer to take "care" of the issue.

I hate when this type of things happen. Especially because the members of this forum is considered a close group with integrity.
Who is the possible scam artist and where does he reside. Maybe someone from that area can pop in can collect your goods and send it to you.

I hate when this type of things happen. Especially because the members of this forum is considered a close group with integrity.
Who is the possible scam artist and where does he reside. Maybe someone from that area can pop in can collect your goods and send it to you.

dude im not used to this type of thing happening , people on this forum are so giving & not con artists. look at the dealings weve had based on trust yet we are 1500 km apart and have never met.
can this persons ip address perhaps be blocked from the forums ?

the member is @R_str , from Middleburg , Eastern Cape

Back