What Can We Do To Keep On Vaping In Rsa?

Paulie

Flavour master
VIP
LV

Awards
Hey all,

I was just curious if there are any organisations that are available or if its in the pipeline to help prevent (ant vape laws) or at least provide the vaping community with information around vaping in south Africa and the laws?

My reason for this is I am seeing a trend overseas (more usa) and would like to know your thoughts or info?

Hey all,

I was just curious if there are any organisations that are available or if its in the pipeline to help prevent (ant vape laws) or at least provide the vaping community with information around vaping in south Africa and the laws?

My reason for this is I am seeing a trend overseas (more usa) and would like to know your thoughts or info?
Yes, this is certainly something that has been kicked around in the past, and as I recall, it is totally in conceptual stage and did not go any further.

If I had the time, and the patience then I would probably do it.

If anyone is interested in working on it, let me know, and maybe as a group effort we could get something going?

We would need:

1. A committee of committed committee members (think tank)
2. A person with graphic design capabilities
3. Someone who can do basic website and maintenance
4. A few folks who write well/enjoy writing/drafting documents
5. Someone to interpret the legislation

The think tank would need to assess the current position and identify potential threats in the future. We would also need to identify and propose a strategy to promote edukashun about vaping, and to counter the evil propaganda of Big Pharma and Big Tobacco

struggle.jpg

This issue doesn't only affect us as vapers, but also our suppliers / retailers.
I think we should get them involved, as they are the guys who the government will be going after to close down via legislation / taxes etc.
I would like to know how secure our Certified Retailers feel about their businesses ? Remember, by us stopping smoking, we are taking away alot of money from the government and they will start noticing soon....

Lets contact Juju to fight for us.

Kill the stinkie

Yes, this is certainly something that has been kicked around in the past, and as I recall, it is totally in conceptual stage and did not go any further.

If I had the time, and the patience then I would probably do it.

If anyone is interested in working on it, let me know, and maybe as a group effort we could get something going?

We would need:

1. A committee of committed committee members (think tank)
2. A person with graphic design capabilities
3. Someone who can do basic website and maintenance
4. A few folks who write well/enjoy writing/drafting documents
5. Someone to interpret the legislation

The think tank would need to assess the current position and identify potential threats in the future. We would also need to identify and propose a strategy to promote edukashun about vaping, and to counter the evil propaganda of Big Pharma and Big Tobacco

struggle.jpg
I'm in if you'll have me. Can't do graphic design or websites but am very good at making a noise!

Yeah absolutely @Chef Guest. You can think and, make a noise, and account of your height you and I could intimidate people if need be. We have the basis for something here I am sure.

Now if we could draft @Silver in to things I think we would be moving in the right track...

So any other volunteers prepared to step forward?

This is not a small job but if we equally distribute the tasks then it will be quite easy to achieve

Should we not also become affiliated with existing international organisations.... Thereby increasing the foundation both locally and internationally in regards to resources and votes- should we need to take it through to government; should they act upon 'vaping' law.​
I am no expert when it comes to politicking, nor do i intend to, but should there not also be a media liaison for the organisation //ecigssa? I think the community has grown so large that there should be an independent committee that has no affiliation with vendors at all.​
The whole idea that vendors speak up for their product opens up a self professing miracle cure - like a witch doctor promoting taking a shower after sex as a cure for aids... should there not be a sub committee representing vendors, and a main independant body govern it on behalf of the end users.​
What we are talking about is more like an NPO, should 'it' be registered as a non profit organisation or not? surely a registered NPO will have more clout than a mob of vapers branding glowing ecigs while stomping out cigarettes under a banner of defiance?​

@HPBotha yes, the points you raise are certainly what the organisation should aim towards as it evolves and grows, but at this stage I think we need to focus on getting an informal association of concerned folks together, and start placing the smaller bits in to place so that when it is needed we can swing into action.

Again, calling all vapers who are prepared to step up and assist in this project...

I can offer myself in a somewhat limited capacity towards the graphics design, but not able to dedicate the kind of time required into website design/management.

I won't necessarily be able to produce sub-24 hour results as I do for high-profile paying clients, but as far as free goes, I will at least be able to par 72 hour results.

Just putting that out there.

I can offer myself in a somewhat limited capacity towards the graphics design, but not able to dedicate the kind of time required into website design/management.

I won't necessarily be able to produce sub-24 hour results as I do for high-profile paying clients, but as far as free goes, I will at least be able to par 72 hour results.

Just putting that out there.

That's an awesome offer Wheuns!

Thanks man :)

We don't need a 24 hour turnaround time in any event. Since we will operate as a committee things will take forever. In fact I expect it will take around a month to decide if we should have tea or coffee at the first meeting

Can we get this post as a permalink somewhere- at least get the word out that we need a vote or something. i am currently working on my own site, and will be happy to help where i can - everything is possible with a bit of google kung foo funkery. let me know how i can help.

Ok, I have made this in to a sticky....

Now we just need more volunteers

Thanks to everyone who has stepped up so far :)

Hi guys

Thanks @paulph201 for bringing this issue up - and thanks @devdev for taking it further.

I actually have negative free time ;-) LOL.
Seriously, pretty much all my (non-existent) free time goes onto this forum

That said, I do think this is a very important issue. So I would like to take part - and add value if I can.
We just need to find a way I can donate my time to the project most effectively.
So I will add value where I can.
On that basis, count me in.

I do feel that the point about getting the retailers - and more importantly, the juice manufacturers involved is critical.

I'm in. I'm still a noob, but willing to give a hand where needed.

Dear noob @Rellik ;-)
Thanks for offering your help here.
Would you kindly indicate your location that gets displayed under your avatar (just click on your name in the top right and then personal details)

Hi Guys, I'm relatively new to the forum.

I do not have much free time either but I do have quite a lot of experience dealing with/interpreting legislation and all things law.
Id be more than happy to help out in that regard, so just shout when need be.

Back