What did you Mix today?

I believe that just a drop of MTS Vape Wizard also helps to round out harsh edges in fruits. I have a whole bottle of it and won't be using it in anything else so... I think Oba Oba could serve much the same function. I believe skiddlz also adds a drop or two of Inw Eucalyptus Mint to fruits, although that is more to perk them up than to cut the harshness.
I find Vape Wizard and Smooth to both completely destroy the flavour I have in my mixes. That said, I haven't tried it in that low a quantity - usually at 0.4% - 0.6%.

Yeah, it's a "one drop per 30ml" type of concentrate. So one bottle lasts a lifetime.

I'm with you there. I mix 0.5% FA Cream Fresh in with any fruit mix I have. At half a percent, it doesn't impart a creamy flavour but does shave off the harsh fruit notes.

Interestingly enough, other fruit can fill that function too. For instance, FA Banana can break TFA Watermelon's harshness very nicely without adding any cream. And it starts doing that at levels that you can't detect by taste yet..
I add INW cactus to every fruit mix I make. 1 drop per 10/20ml. I haven't used EM in ages. TFA vanilla swirl also works well for rounding out fruits.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Tried mixing a while back and I actually like the flavor. Needs a few tweaks

Grape on the inhale and peach on the exhale any suggestions to make it a bit sweeter ?

Current mix:

Grape candy (TPA) 8%
Peach (juicy) (TPA) 10%
Cap vanilla 1%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm quite proud of my first set of mixes ever!
1Q6UQZD.jpg

Thanks to everyone that got me started on this. Like I needed another black hole to throw my time and money at :p

And now you have the hardest wait in vaping ever - letting the juices steep without vaping them immediately. But if you plan ahead, it's a one-time thing. It's good that you mixed quite a bit of juice. If you mix up your next batches well before you've finished this batch, they will have had time to steep by the time you vape them. Staying ahead of the curve in that way means that you will have optimally steeped juices all the time and never need to fret about reducing your steep time.

And now you have the hardest wait in vaping ever - letting the juices steep without vaping them immediately. But if you plan ahead, it's a one-time thing. It's good that you mixed quite a bit of juice. If you mix up your next batches well before you've finished this batch, they will have had time to steep by the time you vape them. Staying ahead of the curve in that way means that you will have optimally steeped juices all the time and never need to fret about reducing your steep time.
Of course you mean wait after having a hit of each juice :p I just could not resist.
I shall let them steep and mix another batch at an appropriate time to try and minimize the wait.
Luckily I still have a ton of juices to keep me occupied while I wait :)

Yeah, a taster is required. :) But give them each a couple of weeks minimum, the wait is well worth it.

As long as you keep ahead of the curve, you will never need to speed steep. I can never understand mixers who need juices to steep quickly. If I have ingredients and bottles, I mix. A couple of months ago, I went though a hiatus as I had too many juices, it was taking me six months to get to vaping a juice after mixing it. I avoided mixing for more than a month and managed to whittle my steeping cupboard stock down to just a couple of bottles. Then I started mixing again. A couple of weeks later, I now have 45 juices in my steeping cupboard again. And I'll only get around to them in a while because I have another 34 on my desk. I just can't understand how anybody who mixes can have nothing to vape and thus needs a shake-n-vape.

Of course you mean wait after having a hit of each juice :p I just could not resist.
I shall let them steep and mix another batch at an appropriate time to try and minimize the wait.
Luckily I still have a ton of juices to keep me occupied while I wait :)
As for the mixes you got now, Waternana is great after 24 hours. Blu'Addy Yogurt is fine after 48, but best after 4-5 days.
Do yourself a favour and make notes on each recipe at each tasting. 0-day (right after mixing), 1 day, 3 days, 7 days, etc. It helps a lot to figure out the optimal steep times. You might identify some deceptive mixes too. Let me copy/paste my notes on my Blueberry Muffin:

Day 0: Blueberry dominates, vanilla and cake in the background but definitely there. Sucralose needs to come down on next mix.

Day 3: The muffin notes now quite evident, blueberry dimmed a tiny bit. Very well-balanced, note for future: increase blueberry extra by half %.

Day 5: Wait WTF...?

Day 5: Recipe rated 0/5.

Yeah, a taster is required. :) But give them each a couple of weeks minimum, the wait is well worth it.

As long as you keep ahead of the curve, you will never need to speed steep. I can never understand mixers who need juices to steep quickly. If I have ingredients and bottles, I mix. A couple of months ago, I went though a hiatus as I had too many juices, it was taking me six months to get to vaping a juice after mixing it. I avoided mixing for more than a month and managed to whittle my steeping cupboard stock down to just a couple of bottles. Then I started mixing again. A couple of weeks later, I now have 45 juices in my steeping cupboard again. And I'll only get around to them in a while because I have another 34 on my desk. I just can't understand how anybody who mixes can have nothing to vape and thus needs a shake-n-vape.
Wow Rich, that is some serious stock you are keeping there. But it is as you say, you are never left without anything to vape and you even have to take a break from mixing from time to time. I'm sure it will take a little while to find my stride but I shall get there for sure. Maybe end up with 3 lanes. Recipes I know I like, the regulars. Recipes I'm keen to try. The experiments, who knows what you are going to get.

As for the mixes you got now, Waternana is great after 24 hours. Blu'Addy Yogurt is fine after 48, but best after 4-5 days.
Do yourself a favour and make notes on each recipe at each tasting. 0-day (right after mixing), 1 day, 3 days, 7 days, etc. It helps a lot to figure out the optimal steep times. You might identify some deceptive mixes too. Let me copy/paste my notes on my Blueberry Muffin:

Day 0: Blueberry dominates, vanilla and cake in the background but definitely there. Sucralose needs to come down on next mix.

Day 3: The muffin notes now quite evident, blueberry dimmed a tiny bit. Very well-balanced, note for future: increase blueberry extra by half %.

Day 5: Wait WTF...?

Day 5: Recipe rated 0/5.
Haha thanks for the heads up. Looking forward to the evaluating experience.
I'm writing the "optimal" steep time on the side of the label but will definitely make my own notes as I test.
I will definitely need to get some extra bottles though. That is for sure!

Haha thanks for the heads up. Looking forward to the evaluating experience.
I'm writing the "optimal" steep time on the side of the label but will definitely make my own notes as I test.
I will definitely need to get some extra bottles though. That is for sure!
I should've warned you beforehand... that Waternana bottle? It's now a permanent watermelon juice bottle.
That watermelon does NOT wash out :p I had it through the dishwasher, soaked it in hot soap water, rinsed it, repeated it 3 times, no luck.

I should've warned you beforehand... that Waternana bottle? It's now a permanent watermelon juice bottle.
That watermelon does NOT wash out :p I had it through the dishwasher, soaked it in hot soap water, rinsed it, repeated it 3 times, no luck.
That is cool. I can definitely see myself making more of that stuff! It is quite nice. Day 0 testers, Doug's Awesome Sauce takes the cake though. Delicious!

That is cool. I can definitely see myself making more of that stuff! It is quite nice. Day 0 testers, Doug's Awesome Sauce takes the cake though. Delicious!
No arguments there, it's bloody good.

Funfetti is not nearly as sweet as I thought it would be @RichJB. When I started vaping it at the beginning of the weekend I found FA Joy to be a bit overpowering, but this morning it is perfectly integrated. I guess a full 7 day steep is a must - mine mixed on 31 July 2017. Anyhow, I like it and can appreciate that it is a non-fatiguing juice. Will keep it in my arsenal for sure.

A juice I like a lot, which gives me the same vibe as Funfetti, is Boogenshizzle's Fried Ice Cream. He/she removed the recipe from ELR, but someone saved it here.

Funfetti is not nearly as sweet as I thought it would be @RichJB. When I started vaping it at the beginning of the weekend I found FA Joy to be a bit overpowering, but this morning it is perfectly integrated. I guess a full 7 day steep is a must - mine mixed on 31 July 2017. Anyhow, I like it and can appreciate that it is a non-fatiguing juice. Will keep it in my arsenal for sure.

A juice I like a lot, which gives me the same vibe as Funfetti, is Boogenshizzle's Fried Ice Cream. He/she removed the recipe from ELR, but someone saved it here.

I like Funfetti. The flavour profile is spot on. I have small kids and I love kiddies birthday cake and that's exactly what Funfetti tastes like. It's not an ADV for me but it certainly is spot-on for an after-dinner vape and goes well with a good espresso to balance the sweetness with some nice chocolatey coffee bitterness.

This is one I definitely want to try sometime...

Some feedback on some of the juices I made for the first time (about 2 weeks ago)...

Aftermath - A blueberry doughnut - Quite spot on... Will I make it again... I'm not sure... I don't know if I like it all that much... It's not bad... but I can't call it great either...
Banana Moon Pie - I really do like this... I get more of a thick banana milkshake though... But will definitely be making this one again...
Boardwalk - I haven't tested this one yet...
Papa Smurf - Still to test as well...
Strawberry Pecan Roll - Not bad... I quite like it... Also not absolutely amazing though... But I might just make it again...
Jungle Cookies - I like it! A bit of a zoo biscuit flavour... But I almost want to say I get more of a lemon cream biscuit from it... whatever it is... I will definitely be making it again!

Good to hear, @Andre. I usually steep mine anything up to three months and it holds up really well. Overall I prefer Simply Cannoli but, wow, it's close. Wayne took a LOT of time with Funfetti and said it almost drove him mad getting the right balance in it But I'm glad he persevered. A lesser recipe developer would just have released a half-baked version (pun intended).

I'll definitely try Boogenshizzle's when I get Cap Cereal 27. That concentrate has become the new FA Meringue. It's in everything currently, heh. I have so many recipes for it I'm seriously considering getting a 30ml.

Ice creams seem to be all the rage again which suits me fine. Just load stuff up with VBIC and I'm game. Here's another Fried Ice Cream, this time by Sinesiom. Oooh and look - Cereal 27!

Last edited:
Some feedback on some of the juices I made for the first time (about 2 weeks ago)...

Jungle Cookies - I like it! A bit of a zoo biscuit flavour... But I almost want to say I get more of a lemon cream biscuit from it... whatever it is... I will definitely be making it again!

Thanks Tanja, Was waiting for this feedback. Need to order me the required concentrates and get mixing. Like the owner of the recipe said, it still needs work. I will make the standard recipe to see how it tastes and perhaps make some small changes i feel is needed.

With ZOOB, i also get more of a slight lemon cream taste

Thanks Tanja, Was waiting for this feedback. Need to order me the required concentrates and get mixing. Like the owner of the recipe said, it still needs work. I will make the standard recipe to see how it tastes and perhaps make some small changes i feel is needed.

With ZOOB, i also get more of a slight lemon cream taste
You won't regret it!

Then again... I have weird taste buds

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Some feedback on some of the juices I made for the first time /snip

Hi @Tanja

Thanks for the feedback, the recipe on ATF is on its 3rd revision. Added some EM and this has done exactly what I wanted it to do, round everything off and tone done the Lemon high notes. It seems to be decent after 2 weeks, with biscuit notes taking the foreground.

Hi @Tanja

Thanks for the feedback, the recipe on ATF is on its 3rd revision. Added some EM and this has done exactly what I wanted it to do, round everything off and tone done the Lemon high notes. It seems to be decent after 2 weeks, with biscuit notes taking the foreground.

Oohhhh thanks... I will try the changes out!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back