Whats Your End Game?

Im actually doing pretty well gear wise,from a 20 a day habit i have managed to keep myself off stinkies with nothing more than an MVP,evod 650mah ,2 mpt3's,a protank 2 and an evod or 3
from day 1(mid 2013) i would say hardware,including my cig-a-like (nJoy) first ecigs would top out at R2000,juice nearing R1000 asim still in the "rather get the 10ml" testing phase
my one white elephant is my 3d dripper that works intermittently on my MVP,so it has been stored for a mech mod.

end game,not sure,lungs improved hugely initially but i am noticing wheezing again of late,may just be a cold,but if my Asthma still doesnt like it i will just give up.
i find im over the "oh,just eaten,must have a smoke" phase,and am realising that i could probably do without the ecig
have actually found the more i fiddle with my box mod the less i actually vape.

You guys (last few posts) don't yet know what serious addiction is. Tobacco addiction - or nicotine addiction, primarily - is described by experts as the most insidious drug addiction. It develops gradually through life. So you might smoke 20 cigarettes per day for 20 years, but it is quite likely that that would gradually increase to 22 average, then 25, and so on.

i find im over the "oh,just eaten,must have a smoke" phase,and am realising that i could probably do without the ecig
if you smoked for another 20 years, you might find that after you've eaten, you cannot wait until you've had coffee, you have to have the cigarette while you make the coffee.

The tax on tobacco also increases, of course. So that is how we came to be spending R1000 or so per month on it.

Initially, i started the vaping with the idea of reducing the expenditure but, thanks to a lot of stuff that doesn't work as a replacement for cigarettes, i quickly got to a point where i thought ok, even if it does not cost less, it is still better than smoking.

What is not better is clearomisers that work and then suddenly do not work when you put them on another device. It happened to me today. The CANA-HANA got to its cut-off point for battery volts and i moved the EVOD to the MVP. Dead. 4.3V but the display initially showed NON (or that's what it looked like.) quarter turn anti-clockwise of the "pin" thing got it working. Why?
Similar thing a couple weeks ago, with a new EOVD battery copy from fasttech. It worked, but it was really weak, seemed like too much air. After that, the EVOD didn't work on any other device. i since got it working, by unscrewing the pin thing a lot, but why - how do they get pushed in, yet unscrewing them slightly seems to move them out again far enough to make contact?
And my Aerotank Mega, on the HANA, after 2 or 3 coil cleanings and one new coil head, started causing the HANA to show SHORTED. Eventually i found that it works on other devices, just not the HANA.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
You guys (last few posts) don't yet know what serious addiction is. Tobacco addiction - or nicotine addiction, primarily - is described by experts as the most insidious drug addiction. It develops gradually through life. So you might smoke 20 cigarettes per day for 20 years, but it is quite likely that that would gradually increase to 22 average, then 25, and so on.
No, that is true of cigarettes because of all the stuff in there, but not nicotine. Not one vaper that I know of or read about have moved up in nic strength, quite the opposite.

i'm not sure. i know it seems to compound the nicotine addiction but.......and there are points at which i want a cigarette - the strength, the throat hit - and, i suppose, that other stuff in them - some other alkaloid stuff, apparently, that is in the tobacco.
This morning, after vaping HHV for more than a week, i refilled an EVOD with 12 mg mtb Coumarin + Caramel and so on, and it was just not enough, even with almost constant vaping.

Spent in excess of a grand ob smoking. Beginning of the vaping you gotta spend for the right setup. Atm I am mostly spending on juices. Plan is for another RDA, probably the PlumeVeil, and a hi powered 50W mod. That should suffice for a while.

I vape for enjoyment, I think I could kick it if I wanted to. But others enjoy a good cigar or a good cognac. I enjoy a good vape, therefore I am not a cheap skate when it comes to juice purchase.

But others enjoy a good cigar or a good cognac. I enjoy a good vape, therefore I am not a cheap skate when it comes to juice purchase.

That's what I want to achieve. At the moment I feel like I vape primarily to stay off the stinkies and enjoyment is an afterthought. That is why I want to get rid of the nic component, so I never feel like I'm vaping to satisfy the nic craving and I can enjoy it as something completely on its own.

First question - no comment
Second question - never , love it to much

I was spending easily a grand and a half on cigarettes a month and I also had a bad habit of losing lighters so we could add 100 bucks a month to that due to me also having some weird tendency to buy the "cool" looking lighters. ( Cigarette packaging is horrible so might as well have a nice looking lighter I guess.)

I'm probably spending about the same a month on Vaping but the way I see it, when I am spending that mud it's because of buying devices as well as expendables and I will be able to keep or resell those devices where cigarretes ( And Lighters) are short lived.

I thought I'd use Vaping to stop smoking and then stop Vaping when I started out but it is now more of a hobby and craft to me and I don't see any reason to stop. I've dropped my nicotine to around 4mg and that is from smoking over a box of Camel Blacks or Malboros for 7 years.

I would rather Vape for the rest of my life than ever be tempted to go back to cigarettes which is a concern as a lot of people can quit for years and then suddenly just go back to it.

asy3ubyq.jpg

Happy anniversary lungs!

analogs are cheap here, dunhill red is like R16.00 a packet, with that in mind i was spending about R800-R1000 a month on smoking.

i think only in more developed places is vaping truly a more economical option. Here we grow tobacco, and make the cigarettes that everyone elsewhere in the world pays top dollar for, so its cheap for us (cigars for cubans).

so far.... I've spent something crazy upwards of R6500 on vaping, and i'm barley 2 months in :p but you can't really put a price on the health benefits and the fiddly hobbyist side of it.

I'm not going to quit vaping, ever...

As end games go, I don't really think there is one, there'll always be some new earth shattering mod, or RDA/RTA/RTDA :p

So we'll just continue to bleed money all over this industry, but its all good fun :) But thats also why big tobacco is so scared of it.

I do think that we're in the glory days of this stuff though. Because, one way or another regulation and taxation will come, people are too ignorant, companies too greedy and governments too in love with public favour, for it to play out any other way. That said, being in Africa we'll probably be on the tail end of all of that stuff. IMHO

I don't want or see myself quitting vaping. I enjoy it too much.

I've been conservative on spending though. I mean it hasn't been cheap for me, but I'm really trying to not go all out. I buy what I 'need' more than what I want.

I'd have one of everything if I was able to though :)

Sent via a NASA satellite which gathers my thoughts and relays them to the world

I have been vaping for 4,5 years now. I was spending R1500 per month on a serious stinky habit (30 Camel a day for 40 years). Currently spending about R1000 pm on vaping, but I could spend a lot more if I had it available!! Feel far better than in the stinky days.

No intention of stopping, just enjoy trying new flavours and new hardware when I can afford it. Still searching for the ultimate vaping machine and probably will be for the next 40 years!

This is a question I have been pondering for the past few weeks. I enjoy vaping and love the community and hobby aspect of it, but I feel like I still have a monkey on my back. It's great that I feel healthier and I'm saving a little bit of money now that the big purchases are out of the way. To the best of my knowledge, nicotine is about as harmful as caffeine. The issue that remains is one of dependence, I can go longer without vaping than I could without an analogue, but the craving hits eventually. If I don't have coffee for a week, it's not a problem. I might be slightly less alert during the morning hours, but I won't be irritable for no good reason.

I did not start vaping because I wanted a hobby or wanted to switch, I started vaping because I was tired of being a smoker. I was over having this completely unnecessary dependence on analogues and having to continuously arrange my day around it. Vaping is a huge step in the right direction. I no longer take smoke breaks and don't spend the entire time on my way to site wishing we could get there so I can light up. It's still a crises if my equipment fails or I forget something vital at home.

That said, my end game is to get to 0mg nic in the next 3 to 4 months and be able to go without vaping for a week or more with no ill effects. Once I am there, I feel I will be able to enjoy the hobby aspect so much more.

This got me thinking about my own life, and the two things that have always ruled it.

1. Smoking.
  2. Coffee.
I started vaping with the intention of smoking less than the 2 PAD Winston Reds I was on. To mostly my own amazement, I quit smoking analog's entirely. I really loved the sticks though, I mean I loved that first smoke in the morning. I would have been happy to cut down to about 10 a day. And now vaping has replaced that whole aspect of my life, leaving me with the same enjoyment I found smoking, and then so much more.

Really good coffee is, and always has been my other passion in life. I could never willingly go a day without an espresso. Sure, it's possible. But for what purpose.

Two things that give me enjoyment in life, and are not doing any harm in the process.

Now and then I contemplate life without vaping, but if that happens, so be it.

I know that I'll always be an addict, but I can live with that.

Last edited:
I smoked for 7 years and I only turned 22 this year. I was spending give or take R1200 a month depending on how much I went out. Since I started vaping I have spent roughly worked out to around R6000 and I quit smoking in March, So I have saved some cash but alot of that money was me buying tons more juice than I needed and even liked but somehow I thought it was a good idea at the time.

I honestly dont think I will quit vaping. I have dropped my nic level from 18mg to 12-9mg depending on which brand and flavour it is but I love it. I loved smoking when I was still doing it, I quit because my chest and throat were waving the white flag at me every saturday and sunday morning!

Last edited:
I agree, Coffee is a must have especially in the morning. I still do mine every morning in an old Bialetti on the gas stove.

bialetti.jpeg

I smoked for 7 years and I only turned 2 this year. I was spending give or take R1200 a month depending on how much I went out. Since I started vaping I have spent roughly worked out to around R6000 and I quit smoking in March, So I have saved some cash but alot of that money was me buying tons more juice than I needed and even liked but somehow I thought it was a good idea at the time.

I honestly dont think I will quit vaping. I have dropped my nic level from 18mg to 12-9mg depending on which brand and flavour it is but I love it. I loved smoking when I was still doing it, I quit because my chest and throat were waving the white flag at me every saturday and sunday morning!
You started smoking when you were -5? Eish :eek:

I can't say I've met many 2 year olds that can find there way around a forum so well though, well done :giggle:

I totally hear where you coming from I smoked analogues for 6 years at 2 boxes a day. During the time I actually didnt realise how much money I was actually wasting.

1) I would spend R490 a week on stinkies wich ended up at R23 520 a year on average wich is scary...
Im an extremely sports orientated person and live a very active life. I can tell any person first hand that since dropping the stinkies , I have felt stronger, helthier and fitter and the results have improved drastically in my sports.

2) I really enjoyed smoking but hated the side effects, the smell and the associated illnesses. I absolutely love vaping and truely do spend allot less. Buying mods can be expensive but I only spend round 200 a week on my different juices and that makes a huge difference on the pocket, wich allows me to easily upgrade my mods over periods of time wich I look forward to every month:--P:--P:--P

I plan on vaping as long as product is available and prefer it to the stinkies every passing day.

i fully agree. i have no intention of becoming a quitter, i like the fact that vaping takes me away from the daily nonsense at work. i like that i can sit and mess around with different coil builds and then follow up and chat about it on the forum. its not a hobby its a lifestyle

Quit analogs about 8 years ago so I can't remember what i used to spend. Was not a heavy smoker though, about half a pack a day or even less.

Don't really have an endgame in mind. Got the SVD's, Cana Mods and then the Reos. After the Reos, I don't think I will be getting any more electronic mods as the Reo is my goto/favorite out of all the mods I have. From here on its a juice journey for me. If I can afford more Reos then I will go for that as well.

Back