1st Coil Rebuild For Protank 2

Gareth

New Vaper
LV

Awards
So I got my kanthal wire today and rebuilt a protank 2 coil.

1st test was 1.9ohms when I put it all together it came to 0.9 ohms, but I noticed a buzzing (high pitch tone) coming from the battery when I fired it. It worked but I dont like the noise. I used 26g kanthal :(

attachment.php

So I got my kanthal wire today and rebuilt a protank 2 coil.

1st test was 1.9ohms when I put it all together it came to 0.9 ohms, but I noticed a buzzing (high pitch tone) coming from the battery when I fired it. It worked but I dont like the noise. I used 26g kanthal :(

attachment.php

If it was 1.9 Ω and dropped to 0.9Ω, then the coil short somewhere inside the cup and may damage your battery - double check coil for shorts against the cup.

No short on that one my 1st test was fail. I made new coil and it also tested 0.9ohms. But in doing so i broke the plastic thingy. So going to try again with 30g wire. 26g seems too thick for this. Anyways i cant just order kanthal shipping would be more lol. I have a pending order from vm they carry nichrome 0.12 & 0.16mm which one is equal to 30g kanthal. Maybe i can get some before my parcel has been dispatched.

No short on that one my 1st test was fail. I made new coil and it also tested 0.9ohms. But in doing so i broke the plastic thingy. So going to try again with 30g wire. 26g seems too thick for this. Anyways i cant just order kanthal shipping would be more lol. I have a pending order from vm they carry nichrome 0.12 & 0.16mm which one is equal to 30g kanthal. Maybe i can get some before my parcel has been dispatched.
0.16 is 34g, which is very thin. And 0.12 is even thinner.

Cape Town, Durban, or Johannesburg?

Hi Gareth

When I used to build my mpT2 coils, i used 28g Kanthal and it worked like a charm
Give that a try
9 or 10 wraps around 1.5mm gave me about 1.6 to 1.8 ohms, which worked very well on most batteries

Last I checked, VapeMob in CT had Kanthal wire in all sizes. Vapeking and SkyBlueVaping also stock it. They are in JHB

Perhaps check with one of them

Back