A word on O-Rings and Seals

YeOldeOke

Elite Vaper
Supporting Vendor
LV

Awards
I've lately had a couple of calls for o-rings (different atomizers, different brands, quality hardware). The problem with spare o-rings is there is *virtually no demand* for it, and we cannot just buy a couple of packets of each and every atomizer we sell, we'll have to buy hundreds of each.

The best I can suggest is to look at places like Fasttech that used to sell variety packs, let them throw it in the post, you will get it in a few months time.

In the 15-odd years I have been vaping, the only o-rings I ever had to change, once each, was on a cheap clone with rubbish o-rings and the Griffin-From-Hell which I pinched on assembly. I never use spare o-rings, well almost.

Back in the day, there was a lot of info on tank-cracker juices, but little discussion of their effect on silicon seals and o-rings. If you had a glass tank, no problem.

Not so. Especially heavily citrus flavoured juice deforms silicon as well, and your o-rings and seals will become deformed. A delicious Orange juice in a glass tank is *not* safe, I have seen it deform o-rings, seals and hdpe bottles.

If you follow 3 simple rules, you should almost never have to change an o-ring;

Never re-assemble with dry o-rings, a touch of VG or juice please.
Take care that it is seated properly before you re-assemble else it may get pinched.
Avoid tank crackers, delicious or otherwise. If you insist on tank cracker juices, know you will need plenty spares.

Last edited:
Back