Advice on KUI bottom fed device

Hami

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hey guys, would appreciate any advice on the matter :)

Just noticed the great price on the KUI device at Vape king (R200). Would you recommend this as a entry device into the world of squonking?

As of late I have been losing taste of whatever juice I try in my sub ohm tanks very quickly (vapers tongue plague) Menthol juices are the only flavours that I can properly taste and enjoy.
I remember beginning my vaping journey with a nautilus mini, the flavour on that tank was just incredible and was never lost regardless how long I vape the same juice. There have been some glimmers of hope from a few other tanks but they faded very quickly.

So I'm looking for a good mouth to lung or tight lung hit draw from a bottom fed atty which will allow me to relive my hay day and also to increase my nic consumption. Starting to grab some of my wife's Marlboro's from time to time because I'm just not getting the satisfaction from my sub ohm tanks (goblin mini, crius v3)

Would you guys recommend the KUI as an easy alternative to dripping. Also what rda would you pair this with? Not sure if the stock atty comes with the special at Vape king and if it's adequate for my needs.

All the best and thanks for reading :)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Not sure if the VapeKing KUI is version 1 or version 2. Version 1 is bad news. Version 2 is much better. The atty it comes with is not good. You need another bf atty for satisfaction.

Everyone that asked me that bought from VK they got the v1. The big problem with the v1 was the fire button was brass in the bottom (behind the black delrin) so it was prone to short out to the body. If you buy the mod open the delrin and put something like insulation tape behind the button on the mod.The other thing was the 510, when you screw the atyy down there is a 1mm gap between the atty and the mod, i think @jtgrey had a fix for that. I had some kits for the group buy i did, new 510 and fire button but that was just for the group buy. The KUI is quite heavy but many pl i know ike it. The stock atty that came with the v1 was very small. Some ppl liked it, i found it quite hard to build on.

@Hami get it bud its good for an entry level sqounker unless u can find a reo you can afford which i am still looking for .... with a little modification to mine it works like a champ.
I got rid of the atty it came with and put a dripper I modified to bf and I been vaping on it for a good 2 weeks now no issues.
Things I did to it
1. Centre 510 pin pushed it out and shaved it down a bit so all attys sit flush with the mod now.
2. The little plastic cover cut a slot in it for easy removal.
3. The fire button pulled it apart cleaned the rough edges of it so it feels less sticky.
4. Used a centre punch to and pop marked the edge lightly of the sliding door to stop it from been so loose as it kept falling off due to weak magnets.
5. Cut a little wedge of plastic with a tab tail to place in the battery positive to act as a safety so I can carry it in my pocket as the fire button has no lock.

Attachments

• 20160107_202044.jpg
    20160107_202044.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 22
@Hami get it bud its good for an entry level sqounker unless u can find a reo you can afford which i am still looking for .... with a little modification to mine it works like a champ.
I got rid of the atty it came with and put a dripper I modified to bf and I been vaping on it for a good 2 weeks now no issues.
Things I did to it
1. Centre 510 pin pushed it out and shaved it down a bit so all attys sit flush with the mod now.
2. The little plastic cover cut a slot in it for easy removal.
3. The fire button pulled it apart cleaned the rough edges of it so it feels less sticky.
4. Used a centre punch to and pop marked the edge lightly of the sliding door to stop it from been so loose as it kept falling off due to weak magnets.
5. Cut a little wedge of plastic with a tab tail to place in the battery positive to act as a safety so I can carry it in my pocket as the fire button has no lock.
Oh forgot to mention try get some bottles from vapourmountain.co.za as the ones that come with the mod are hard as hell and makes the experience of sqouking suck.
But with the other bottles it just makes it much nicer and you don't flood your atty.

Everyone that asked me that bought from VK they got the v1. The big problem with the v1 was the fire button was brass in the bottom (behind the black delrin) so it was prone to short out to the body. If you buy the mod open the delrin and put something like insulation tape behind the button on the mod.The other thing was the 510, when you screw the atyy down there is a 1mm gap between the atty and the mod, i think @jtgrey had a fix for that. I had some kits for the group buy i did, new 510 and fire button but that was just for the group buy. The KUI is quite heavy but many pl i know ike it. The stock atty that came with the v1 was very small. Some ppl liked it, i found it quite hard to build on.
if I am not mistaken the ones vk sell at the moment are the version 2 as the fire button it delrin now.

if I am not mistaken the ones vk sell at the moment are the version 2 as the fire button it delrin now.
I bought a kui from vape king most recently and it's advertised as the v2.
It is the v1. Never got to use the mod because only the atty that came with the mod screws in it. It also doesn't sit flush. No other atty I own will screw into it.

The button is also jammed and won't work at all and it is brass and not delerin.

Was the worst R200 I spent but I'll get round to putting in an aftermarket button and making it a mosfet mech one day.

I also bought a tap from @kimbo to fix the 510 but I don't think he has any stock left.

Thank you all for the input
Will be steering clear from the KUI V1 for sure!
Quite strange that Vapeking are selling the Version 1 labelled as a Version 2 :|

Think I might be better off buying a second hand unit which has been fitted with the above recommended fixes

Hope to see you all soon in squonkville :dance:

Back