All Things Reo

The most important thing with that silicone gasket is that it must go into that opening on it own. Do not put it around the center pin and try and push it through - you will damage it. Not easy to get it in on it own. It will take a few tries. Wetting it might help.

Once the silicone gasket is in, only then insert the center pin with the paper thin gasket around it.

I need some advise please on Reo Buttons.
Which buttons do you Reonauts prefer, the Delrin or Stainless Steel?
I recall a post stating that the Stainless Steel doesn't feel that great.

They are all much of a muchness! I use them all... it's whatever you like from a look point of view!

It is actually aluminium, not stainless steel, I think. Agree with @Rob Fisher - for me no difference really.

I personally prefer the Delrin - be it psychosomatic or what, it just "feels" better.

Changing that small "Rubbertjie" is serious PT! Mine somehow perished (disintegrated) but I must admit that all my silicon fittings go soft when exposed to extreme Menthol mixes and this was on my Aluminium REO (named Minty by me) and dedicated to the Menthol cause.

I found that some of the Silicon had almost welded onto the REO body and was difficult to remove before replacement. 30 minutes (someone mentioned this in an earlier post) was optimistic! :) It took me nearly an hour to conquer the reassembly. Good thing to note, the repair is working 100% after 3 months.

Note - Purchase the http://www.vapourmountain.co.za/shop/reosmods/reo-grand-upgraderepair-kit/ from Vapour Mountain. You get all the parts you need in one pack for R295. I suggest getting a couple and holding on to them. Buying specific parts is not the solution.

Not sure if this has been posted before,this in my opinion is better than the Pman's vid on rebuilding a grand.

The most important thing with that silicone gasket is that it must go into that opening on it own. Do not put it around the center pin and try and push it through - you will damage it. Not easy to get it in on it own. It will take a few tries. Wetting it might help.

Once the silicone gasket is in, only then insert the center pin with the paper thin gasket around it.

Just highlighting this point again for anyone attempting the procedure.

@Andre sorry to bug you, would you please tell me where you got a hold of the Ceramic wick ? For some.strange reason my wick is starting to look like @Rob Fisher 's pet porcupines quills !

Rotten Bunny.

Vape the Planet !

Why will they get fined ? That just seems .... I dunno !

Rotten Bunny.

Vape the Planet !

Hi guys, thank you for trying to help.

@Andre, it wasn't torn until the last time I tried to get it in.

@abdul, the gasget doesnt even want to go in, as you push the center pin in, it slides over the top of the center pin. Then the center pin is in but the gasket and the white little plastic piece is on top of the center pin

@Philip Dunkley, thank you for your offer. But isn't that asking a bit much of you.

Send while vaping on the Reo mini Thor
You will still get to know @Philip Dunkley :) He is just one of those guys always willing to go the extra mile to help someone. Bud!

You will still get to know @Philip Dunkley :) He is just one of those guys always willing to go the extra mile to help someone. Bud!

I'm starting to see. He is already planning to come and fetch Thor. This really is a stunning community. I didn't mean to ask for help, just needed to freak out for a moment. And whala, here is help offered. Truly amazing!

It's a prohibited export... don't ask me why... no idea? :confused:

http://www.fasttech.com/forums/vapers/t/1349463/readyxwick/1
Owner of RBASupplies.com here (and READYxWICK)

I appreciate your comments about our product. I would like to clear something up. We do not restrict shipments outside of the USA because we want to, we restrict it because we HAVE TO. It is NOT our policy which makes it illegal to ship, it is a "protected United States technology" which they (the USA Govt) mandates that it not be shipped outside of the USA. Because the material can withstand such high temperatures, They (the US Govt) use the product for such things as insulating wiring in missiles... For obvious reasons, this is the type of technology that they feel necessary to protect. I guess they just don't want *some* countries to be able to get their hands on stuff to help them build missiles. Imagine that!? lol

In reality, I would LOVE to be able to ship it overseas, but I don't think it worth millions of dollars in fines (sorry, I'm not made of $)

The reality is that it IS a GREAT product that unfortunately only people on American soil can enjoy. I wish it were different, but they aren't my rules. (or they wouldn't be in place).

@Andre sorry to bug you, would you please tell me where you got a hold of the Ceramic wick ? For some.strange reason my wick is starting to look like @Rob Fisher 's pet porcupines quills !

Rotten Bunny.

Vape the Planet !
Is it getting black? It is about 7 weeks old. Did you treat it as I set out in my PM to you:

Just pulse dryburn with the wick in place, never take the wick out. You can get the wick back to white by, after dryburning, just running a lighter or other flame over it. Like in this ECF post - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/622122-readyxwick-round-2-a-22.html#post15034917. You will get the best taste from that setup after the first dryburn.

Is it getting black? It is about 7 weeks old. Did you treat it as I set out in my PM to you:

Just pulse dryburn with the wick in place, never take the wick out. You can get the wick back to white by, after dryburning, just running a lighter or other flame over it. Like in this ECF post - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/622122-readyxwick-round-2-a-22.html#post15034917. You will get the best taste from that setup after the first dryburn.
@Andre its almost like its been severed from the middle. I.do precisely.what you say. Dryburn every week. And then a plumbers torch on the lowest possible flow of gas to burn it white.

Rotten Bunny.

Vape the Planet !

@Andre its almost like its been severed from the middle. I.do precisely.what you say. Dryburn every week. And then a plumbers torch on the lowest possible flow of gas to burn it white.

Rotten Bunny.

Vape the Planet !
I am afraid then your wick has seen the end of its life after 7 weeks. You will now have to re-wick with cotton or rayon, unfortunately. And that you have to change daily or every second day depending on your preference.

I'm so tempted to buy this! Yo @Paulie this is right up your street! DNA 40 REO Grand $515! Just come up for sale on the ECF classies!

DNA40-1.jpg DNA40-2.jpg DNA40-3.jpg

see . now this is why I love this community and it seems the Reonauts are especially helpful ... I am so bummed at the moment that I can't get a Reo (other commitments) but WILL own one one day ... in the meantime reading up on everything I can on Reo's they really seem like the peak of vaping Nirvana already have a name for mine ... Lagertha :)

Back