Silver

Flavour and throat hit seeker
Staff member
Administrator
ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
I have just fired up the Atlantis for the first time. This is just a first impression after a short stint.

Holy moly. This thing is insane! I imagine it's a lung hitter's dream.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419703356.433448.jpg

I started with a juice I know well. VM Strawberry. 18mg. With 7 drops of VM Menthol concentrate. Yes I know that's too high strength but I had to try it first to calibrate myself.

Needless to say I am quite impressed. And well calibrated! A few toots and I can feel the Silver coming on.

First impressions:

Flavour - surprisingly good for the amount of air. Accurate. I get the strawberry and the icy menthol. Less dense of course but the flavour is spot on. Perhaps slightly more menthol than strawberry but I suspect this is from the lung hitting action.

Throat hit - hmm. Difficult to assess properly for me. Lung hit throat hit is different to mouth to lung and I am a mouth to lung vaper. It is very satisfying but in a different way.

Vapour - insane. I feel like a champ! Definitely the biggest clouds I have ever seen from a commercial tank - by a long long way. I have tried all the air settings. You can lung hit on all of them.

This is paired with the Aspire CF Mod (the one that takes 18650 batteries). Everything just works so simply. Feels good in the hand. Looks smart.

True plug n play cloud machine!

I will report back over time once I've become more acquainted.

Fantastic review @Silver

The Atlantis is an amazing piece of kit.

I would like to bring you my Lemo at some point or another to try out. I think you will fall in love with that too.

@Silver have you tried a high VG juice on the antlantis? I tried some bombies on it it and it tasted harsh. The same juice on a Odin and cyclone/cyclops at around the same resistance was a lot smoother on the reo

Fantastic review @Silver

The Atlantis is an amazing piece of kit.

I would like to bring you my Lemo at some point or another to try out. I think you will fall in love with that too.

Thanks @MurderDoll

I just can't fully express how surprised I was when I casually connected the tank, put in a battery and started vaping on this. It was a big surprise. I had tried on @Rob Fisher 's Atlantis and I think on @paulph201's one. But one or two toots when you are out at a noisy outdoor venue just doesn't give the same impression - also they were on juices I didn't know well.

As for falling in love. Time will tell. I still do not think I will become a full-time lung hitter.... yet...

As for the Lemo, thanks for the headsup - I got that too and will hopefully be firing that up fairly soon. Will be great to compare findings and notes.

@Silver have you tried a high VG juice on the antlantis? I tried some bombies on it it and it tasted harsh. The same juice on a Odin and cyclone/cyclops at around the same resistance was a lot smoother on the reo

No @yuganp - I have just tried this juice which I know well. Literally have only just tried the Atlantis this evening - fired it up about 15 minutes before posting my original post ;-)

In time I will try other juices on it and let you know.

Thanks @MurderDoll

I just can't fully express how surprised I was when I casually connected the tank, put in a battery and started vaping on this. It was a big surprise. I had tried on @Rob Fisher 's Atlantis and I think on @paulph201's one. But one or two toots when you are out at a noisy outdoor venue just doesn't give the same impression - also they were on juices I didn't know well.

As for falling in love. Time will tell. I still do not think I will become a full-time lung hitter.... yet...

As for the Lemo, thanks for the headsup - I got that too and will hopefully be firing that up fairly soon. Will be great to compare findings and notes.

I know what you mean.

Vaping at home in a quiet zone being able to concentrate on what your tasting makes a big difference.

If the Atlantis isn't for you, give me a shout. I'll be happy to take t off your hands.

The Lemo on the other hand I can pretty much guarantee you will love.
The AFC is very accurate. Closing tight for mouth to lung or wide open similar to the Atlantis.
Plus the bonus of being rebuildable saves with having to buy coil packs.

I'm a part time lover of the Atlantis... I don't want a lung hit day in and day out but I do pick up the Atlantis a couple of times a day and sometimes for an hour or so mainly with Mount Baker Vapor Extreme Ice 25% and the rest PG and VG in it and blow clouds and savour the different taste... then back to Avril and Tropical Ice!

Hi Ho @Silver add some PG/VG to weaken the juice and then give it horns! :rock:

I'm a part time lover of the Atlantis... I don't want a lung hit day in and day out but I do pick up the Atlantis a couple of times a day and sometimes for an hour or so mainly with Mount Baker Vapor Extreme Ice 25% and the rest PG and VG in it and blow clouds and savour the different taste... then back to Avril and Tropical Ice!

Hi Ho @Silver add some PG/VG to weaken the juice and then give it horns! :rock:

@Rob Fisher - thanks!
At the moment - I am just amazed. Even a 1 second toot on the fully open airflow is quite incredible. Such a different type of experience. For a mouth to lunger like me who has never really gotten properly into lung hitting - this is quite new - like a whole new world in a way...

As for adding the PG/VG - I will do that in time. I think the next step tomorrow will be to try find some 12mg VM juice. I am pretty sure I have some stashed away somewhere...

I know what you mean.

Vaping at home in a quiet zone being able to concentrate on what your tasting makes a big difference.

If the Atlantis isn't for you, give me a shout. I'll be happy to take t off your hands.

The Lemo on the other hand I can pretty much guarantee you will love.
The AFC is very accurate. Closing tight for mouth to lung or wide open similar to the Atlantis.
Plus the bonus of being rebuildable saves with having to buy coil packs.

Thanks @MurderDoll - that Lemo does sound awesome

As for the Atlantis - I will give you a shout should I ever want to part with it ;-)
But for the mere plug n play clouds - I think I may just hang on to it for a while. Lol

Fully agree its a great tank to enjoy part time. I love the variation it gives me from the drippers.
I do find that the flavour is muted with some juices and some flavours taste weird in the atlantis.

If you screw the coil in the top part first you are able to get more juice in the tank. But its still empty before you know it.

lol @Silver, I can see you going down to 6mg very soon:nod:

I have just fired up the Atlantis for the first time. This is just a first impression after a short stint.

Holy moly. This thing is insane! I imagine it's a lung hitter's dream.

View attachment 18371

I started with a juice I know well. VM Strawberry. 18mg. With 7 drops of VM Menthol concentrate. Yes I know that's too high strength but I had to try it first to calibrate myself.

Needless to say I am quite impressed. And well calibrated! A few toots and I can feel the
Silver coming on.

First impressions:

Flavour - surprisingly good for the amount of air. Accurate. I get the strawberry and the icy menthol. Less dense of course but the flavour is spot on. Perhaps slightly more menthol than strawberry but I suspect this is from the lung hitting action.

Throat hit - hmm. Difficult to assess properly for me. Lung hit throat hit is different to mouth to lung and I am a mouth to lung vaper. It is very satisfying but in a different way.

Vapour - insane. I feel like a champ! Definitely the biggest clouds I have ever seen from a commercial tank - by a long long way. I have tried all the air settings. You can lung hit on all of them.

This is paired with the Aspire CF Mod (the one that takes 18650 batteries). Everything just works so simply. Feels good in the hand. Looks smart.

True plug n play cloud machine!

I will report back over time once I've become more acquainted.

Great review bud ! But I feel that the flavour on the aspire is muted for a lung hitting atty compared to a dripper . So I am glad you have. Dripper Odin :p to compare !

Thanks for all the feedback guys
Thats what is so awesome about ECIGSSA
I can share the excitement while its happening!

Update on the Atlantis:
Its very close to empty. I havent even used it exclusively
Juice consumption is very high. But im not complaining
Its very nice for a change from the normal mouth to lung hits

Its very different though
Something tells me I will like the Atlantis with light fruity menthol type juices
Its been a great vaping evening and i have learnt a lot

Great review bud ! But I feel that the flavour on the aspire is muted for a lung hitting atty compared to a dripper . So I am glad you have. Dripper Odin :p to compare !

@paulph201 , thanks man

But you wont believe my bad luck with the Odin and my dear Reo Blue (LP)
I met with @Alex and @Yiannaki today and Alex kindly offered to tweak the threads of my Reo Blue to fit the Odin, which wasnt screwing on fully. Alex had the official tools from Jakes and he has the knowledge on this.

I do not know exactly what happened but the Odin is now not healthy and needs to go to the "Odin spa" for some treatment. I think it needs a spare part.

We also discovered that my Reo's 510 connector is ever so slightly skew. This is something i noticed from when I got it but didnt think it was an issue. But even Alex's working Odin would not fire on it. Thankfully my RM2 works and I can still use it without a problem. I may need to consider sending my Reo back to the Reo spa mothership overseas for some attention.

Hopefully I can get things back on track when Jakes gets back. And hopefully I will be able to compare the Odin to the Atlantis in time without having to send my Reo on a long trip ;-)

But thanks to Alex for his efforts. He was very meticulous and tried very hard to get it all working. Thanks @Alex!

@Yiannaki was also disappointed because he was ready to build me an epic Odin dual coil.

So instead, we packed up and went to blow some clouds on the Twisp kiosk in Bedford Centre. Was quite funny.

Long story short. Today was not my Odin day. But I am hopeful that day will come soon...

Long story short. Today was not my Odin day. But I am hopeful that day will come soon...

Sorry about that Hi Ho... but soon you will have a Nuppin and that can be your cloud blowing lung hitter and you can post pictures of it all day and I won't need to take tranquilisers because it doesn't have an overhang link the stinking Odin! ;-)

Nice review @Silver :)

I'm glad you are taking your time with all the new goodies so you can truly experience the differences and new experiences each provides. It can be challenging to hold back when you have so much to experiment with and I do think pacing yourself and spreading it out over time improves the experience.

The atlantis seems to me to be a "nice to have around, but not really neccesary" type of device. I've been reluctant to pick one up simply because of the Lemo which, from what I've read about the Atlantis and your thoughts here, can do everything the atlantis can with the added benefit of being rebuildable. The small tank really puts a damper on it's usefulness to me.

Looking forward to hearing your comparison on these two - Atlantis vs Lemo: The Silver Showdown :D

@paulph201 , thanks man

I met with @Alex and @Yiannaki today and Alex kindly offered to tweak the threads of my Reo Blue to fit the Odin, which wasnt screwing on fully. Alex had the official tools from Jakes and he has the knowledge on this.

I do not know exactly what happened but the Odin is now not healthy and needs to go to the "Odin spa" for some treatment. I think it needs a spare part.

We also discovered that my Reo's 510 connector is ever so slightly skew. This is something i noticed from when I got it but didnt think it was an issue. But even Alex's working Odin would not fire on it. Thankfully my RM2 works and I can still use it without a problem. I may need to consider sending my Reo back to the Reo spa mothership overseas for some attention.

Hopefully I can get things back on track when Jakes gets back. And hopefully I will be able to compare the Odin to the Atlantis in time without having to send my Reo on a long trip ;-)

But thanks to Alex for his efforts. He was very meticulous and tried very hard to get it all working. Thanks @Alex!

@Yiannaki was also disappointed because he was ready to build me an epic Odin dual coil.

So instead, we packed up and went to blow some clouds on the Twisp kiosk in Bedford Centre. Was quite funny.

Yeah we had fun at that twisp kiosk:rolleyes:, we made it rain big time.

@paulph201 , thanks man

I'm so sorry to hear this bro! I really wanted your Odin experience to be special! Hopefully this gets fixed ASAP bud!

Glad to see the Atlantis testing began today @Silver :D

The 18mg lung hit must have been very intense with 18mg and especially the strawberry/menthol concentrate combo.

I agree with you on the look of the cf mod with the Atlantis. A very aesthetically pleasing setup!

I am keen to see your thoughts once you've 'lived' with it for a week or two.

Nice review @Silver :)

I'm glad you are taking your time with all the new goodies so you can truly experience the differences and new experiences each provides. It can be challenging to hold back when you have so much to experiment with and I do think pacing yourself and spreading it out over time improves the experience.

The atlantis seems to me to be a "nice to have around, but not really neccesary" type of device. I've been reluctant to pick one up simply because of the Lemo which, from what I've read about the Atlantis and your thoughts here, can do everything the atlantis can with the added benefit of being rebuildable. The small tank really puts a damper on it's usefulness to me.

Looking forward to hearing your comparison on these two - Atlantis vs Lemo: The Silver Showdown :D

You are 100% right @free3dom
I like to take my time with these things and enjoy the moment and savour the experience.
Each of these devices is remarkable in their own right
And its about the journey

I'm so sorry to hear this bro! I really wanted your Odin experience to be special! Hopefully this gets fixed ASAP bud!

I'm afraid it's going to need a new 510 connection. The Odin doesn't sit flush at all.

Back