Aspire CF Sub Ω + Aspire Atlantis

HArrrr funny @TylerD this is intriguing though , a mech mod with some not real early warning signs ... question will it detect shorts on other RBA's RDA's ? So if I slap my Tugboat on this puppy it will work fine ?

I presume it will not fire ? This is a good option for those that want to experiment with mech mod but not blow themselves up , again common sense (and a multi meter) is key here :)

i still wanna know whether that is a CF sleeve, like they make for bike forks, or PVC wrap.

I presume aluminium body wrapped in CF , but that would make more safety sense as damaged battery wraps wont play much of a role ? NOT that I would ever take the chance .... rewrap mkayyyy

@WHeunis since this is my first experience with mods and batteries... will the mod let me know when the battery has to be charged? According to Aspire "When battery cell voltage is less than 2.8V (low battery), the atomizer will remain OFF,
and the Orange LED light will blink 15 times". But I thought seeing as there are no electronics in a mech mod - how does that work?

It is like TylerD says:

The CF mod is a electronic mod that pushes watts in the same manner as a mechanical mod. All the safety features of a modulated mod with the power delivery like a mechanical mod. Hope this makes sense.

It has some of the protections of an electronic mod, like 10s cutoff, short circuit cutout, etc.
But it does not have the regulation of the voltage like an electronic mod has.

Along with the protections, it also measures the battery, and will start showing an orange button when pressed with ~25% remaining, and completely cutout operation when the battery reaches 2.8V.

PBusardo made the assumption that the electronics in the mod mean it is regulated, but other than that, his video is very spot-on and informative.

The Aspire CF Sub is technically NOT a mech mod. Not in the strictest sense of the definition.
But, seeing as it's power delivery is UNREGULATED, it does fit the classifcation of Mech more than it does the category of Electronic.

Should also be noted there are TWO DIFFERENT CF mods.
Both essentially the same, but one of them has the battery removable, and the other does NOT.

I presume aluminium body wrapped in CF , ...but that would make more safety sense as damaged battery wraps wont play much of a role ? NOT that I would ever take the chance .... rewrap mkayyyy

Nope, you can't wrap CF, it's either CF or PVC. iow, "CF wrap" is not CF, it's PVC made to look like CF. CF is stiff and brittle, that's why they can make subframes with it (like race bikes and F1 cars.) The CF sleeves for bike forks, i could get a pic...they are thin and they have slight flex, so you can fit them over the fork tubes.
Come to think of it, even those are too expensive, for the price of the CF Mo; what was i thinking. :-s

PS: what i mean...

pv001.jpg

Last edited:
It would appear we were misinformed on the EGO charger, a separate 18650 battery charger is required! I have updated the website.

It also looks like some of these CF Mod kits were shipped with the Efest 3100 20A battery whereas it should have been accompanied by the 2500 35A battery.

We will be contacting the buyers of the 'kit' to confirm and correct. Note that the current limit of the 3100 20A battery is within specification for 0.5 Ohm but it is rather close to the maximum continuous rating which will most certainly shorten the useful battery life. Additionally the CF Mod can fire below 0.5 Ohm and therefore the 3100 20A is not suitable as a component of the kit.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

I got the 3100 in my kit from you. Is it still safe to use in the CF mod since I'm only using the Atlantis exclusively?

I got the 3100 in my kit from you. Is it still safe to use in the CF mod since I'm only using the Atlantis exclusively?

Sorta...
Atlantis coils are sold as 0.5, but do keep in mind that a lot of variance can creep into commercial coils...

Congrats, you just selected a good collection!

Yes, it is at the upper range of what the 3100 can handle though, as soon as the 35A arrives swap over to that.

Yes, it is at the upper range of what the 3100 can handle though, as soon as the 35A arrives swap over to that.
I can appreciate from a retailer's point of view, that you need to be as safe as possible, and that you do care for your customer's safety, but having said that, 0.5 ohm on a fully charged 18650 only draws 8.4A.
He should be perfectly fine with a purple efest with a 20A rating. It is only pushing the battery to 42% of its capability. Even if the coil resistance is off and he gets a 0.3ohm coil, it is still only drawing 14A.

IMHO the 3100 efest will do perfectly fine

Indeed, the decision to select the 2500mah 35A for the kit is more because the CF mod can fire below the Atlantis's 0.5 Ohm .. so the battery selection for us is based on the mod rather than the atomiser.

I can appreciate from a retailer's point of view, that you need to be as safe as possible, and that you do care for your customer's safety, but having said that, 0.5 ohm on a fully charged 18650 only draws 8.4A.
He should be perfectly fine with a purple efest with a 20A rating. It is only pushing the battery to 42% of its capability. Even if the coil resistance is off and he gets a 0.3ohm coil, it is still only drawing 14A.

IMHO the 3100 efest will do perfectly fine
The 3100 Efests has a continuous discharge rating of 10A, the 20A is the pulse rating. As set out on the VapeClub web site.

Indeed, the decision to select the 2500mah 35A for the kit is more because the CF mod can fire below the Atlantis's 0.5 Ohm .. so the battery selection for us is based on the mod rather than the atomiser.
OK, got your thinking there.

The 3100 Efests has a continuous discharge rating of 10A, the 20A is the pulse rating. As set out on the VapeClub web site.
We know that, and that still doesn't make it unsafe, if you purely look at the Atlantis 0.5 ohm coils, and not other atties you might put on the CF Mod at 0.3 and lower ohms. Personally I am very comfortable vaping at 0.5 ohms on a 3100 20A Efest, but one can never be safe enough . I'll take an extra 600mah any day over an extra 10A discharge rate, since I mostly build at 1ohm. I like to have a full day on one batt in my mechs. But that's just me. For ppl that have to ask whether what they're doing is safe, or ppl not understanding ohm's law (and there's a lot, like all of us were at some stage) we should definitely rather advise them to buy higher rated batts, exactly like @JakesSA did. Better safe than sorry

Interestingly and unrelated to the subject matter: The maximum continuous discharge rate is most commonly measured at the maximum rate a battery can be continuously discharged from fully charged to being completely discharged, without it breaching the 100 deg C temperature barrier. And for what it's worth that's why many believe the Sony vtc5 batts are only rated at 25A continuous discharge rate, since they break the 100 deg C barrier over that discharge rate.

We know that, and that still doesn't make it unsafe, if you purely look at the Atlantis 0.5 ohm coils, and not other atties you might put on the CF Mod at 0.3 and lower ohms. Personally I am very comfortable vaping at 0.5 ohms on a 3100 20A Efest, but one can never be safe enough . I'll take an extra 600mah any day over an extra 10A discharge rate, since I mostly build at 1ohm. I like to have a full day on one batt in my mechs. But that's just me. For ppl that have to ask whether what they're doing is safe, or ppl not understanding ohm's law (and there's a lot, like all of us were at some stage) we should definitely rather advise them to buy higher rated batts, exactly like @JakesSA did. Better safe than sorry

Interestingly and unrelated to the subject matter: The maximum continuous discharge rate is most commonly measured at the maximum rate a battery can be continuously discharged from fully charged to being completely discharged, without it breaching the 100 deg C temperature barrier. And for what it's worth that's why many believe the Sony vtc5 batts are only rated at 25A continuous discharge rate, since they break the 100 deg C barrier over that discharge rate.
For sure, my only goal is to supply info and was uncertain if you (or other readers) had same from your previous post re the 3100s. Clearly you have and know how to do the maths and what safety margin you prefer. So all good from my side.

The bigger the safety margin the better

Personally I feel that a 0.5 ohm coil that could be as low as 0.3 ohms with a bit of a manufacturing defect is a bit low for that 3100 mah battery. I do think @JakesSA is doing the right thing here.

Back