Authentic Batteries?

The point I was trying to get across is that this particular fake battery is giving you 3 times the value in storage capacity per monetary unit spent.

A Brillipower 26650 cost R250.0 and promises 4500mAh. That is R1.00 for every 18mAh of capacity promised.

The Fake 26650 cost R30.00 and actually gave 2846mAh. That is R1.00 for every 94.87mAh of capacity delivered.

So why are we getting such poor value for our money when buying authentic batteries.

I agree fully!

But the point I was trying to make was how do we know it can deliver that power effectively and consistently over time. It may be cheaper but if it cant deliver or perform then its a waste.

So maybe the cost of the fake per unit of storage capacity is an eye blind and it may not be able to deliver?

I know I’m playing devil’s advocate here. Everything is pure speculation because I cannot test it in a working environment. I vape at 20W. With a 0.6 coil and the battery at 4 volts average I will only draw 5 amps. The battery has already proved that it can drain itself supplying 8 amps continually without heating up. But how many recharging cycles will it manage. If the Brillipower can manage 400 recharges then this one has only to manage 50 recharges to break even. Anything better will be a win.

Anyway this is all just ifs and buts... was a fun exercise seeing just what this “fake” could deliver.

I know I’m playing devil’s advocate here. Everything is pure speculation because I cannot test it in a working environment. I vape at 20W. With a 0.6 coil and the battery at 4 volts average I will only draw 5 amps. The battery has already proved that it can drain itself supplying 8 amps continually without heating up. But how many recharging cycles will it manage. If the Brillipower can manage 400 recharges then this one has only to manage 50 recharges to break even. Anything better will be a win.

Anyway this is all just ifs and buts... was a fun exercise seeing just what this “fake” could deliver.

If it works for you in your application then great @Warlock

The reason i am harping on about this is that if others get the same idea it wont be long before we find these "cheapie fakes" making their way into a noisy cricket and then we might start seeing a problem.

Some folk wont know or care about amp limits etc (but just look to save on costs)

Let it be noted that anyone trying to use fake batteries with unknown limitations have been warned

I will just leave this here for those in attemt to save a few hunderd rand at the expense of much more (maybe) later on.

IMG-20161010-WA0004.jpg

So why are we getting such poor value for our money when buying authentic batteries.

It problably has something to do with build quality and materials used in the build process. Hell im no expert on batteries but I take pause before I put China mall batteries in my tv's remote as I have seen these leak quicker than a normal battery. It isn't just about holding charge but also about the quality of materials holding your catalyst in the battery where it belongs.

That and R&D costs a little bit of money too

Back