Best bang for buck starter RDA

As a newbie to RDA or even RBA I wish I knew what this meant. I am chasing flavor. So between Sapor and Velocity, if I am willing to sacrifice some convenience for max flavor, would youn still recommend the Velocity? Trying my best to not buy TWO lol... i get obsessive.

If you are in two minds, definitely get the Velocity clone. It is so nice to build on. It has Hex (grub) screws, which I don’t really like, but the performance of the RDA outweighs the screws. I am more than happy with mine.

Flavor? U want flavour? Fishbone plus. The ceramic deck just shines.

OK so I now have a Velocity style RTA... and I am almost too damn scared to touch the thing. My clumsy thumbs and these tiny bits of wire?... I can see 1000 accidents coming already looooool.

OK so I now have a Velocity style RTA... and I am almost too damn scared to touch the thing. My clumsy thumbs and these tiny bits of wire?... I can see 1000 accidents coming already looooool.

I'm sure you will be fine. Just pull up some youtube vids and coil away. You can't go wrong ;)

I'm a bit late to the party but I always punt the Velocity Mini.

Best build to start.

But the airflow options make this an almost unique RDA. You can set it up for tighter-draw lung hits and use a smaller drip tip.

You can use top airflow (sort of) by closing the side airflow and just having the holes open.

You can open it up all the way, use the wide bore drip tip... and welcome to the clouds.

Best of all, there is ALWAYS tons of flavour. I've had so many RDA'S where I had to close them up a bit to get the flavour I seek. Not with the Velocity Mini - I get supercharged airflow and all the flavour.

Stellar design. Just stellar

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I already deeply dislike this thing. Juice leaking out air vents is a deal breaker for me. Wish I was warned about that.

Also not impressed with the vape. Gonna do the good ol 1000 builds and re wicks but IDK... my Arctic is going nowhere.

I already deeply dislike this thing. Juice leaking out air vents is a deal breaker for me. Wish I was warned about that.

Also not impressed with the vape. Gonna do the good ol 1000 builds and re wicks but IDK... my Arctic is going nowhere.
Are you using a dripper or a tank? Your previous post mentions a Velocity style RTA and not RDA.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Are you using a dripper or a tank? Your previous post mentions a Velocity style RTA and not RDA.

Did it? Damn. Slip up then. RDA. I should rely on autofill a bit less. Totally my bad there.

EDIT: Second build a tad better. Starting to see where the hobby part comes in. Already proud of myself for figuring out better placement and tucking the cotton down away from air holes (uhh derp that was so obvious I wanted to kick myself lol). And one coil simplifies it a lot lmfao...

Did it? Damn. Slip up then. RDA. I should rely on autofill a bit less. Totally my bad there.

EDIT: Second build a tad better. Starting to see where the hobby part comes in. Already proud of myself for figuring out better placement and tucking the cotton down away from air holes (uhh derp that was so obvious I wanted to kick myself lol). And one coil simplifies it a lot lmfao...

It's a good thing you took a Velo, it's easy to build on, just imagine if you'd gotten another dripper, it could have been worse. Pretty soon you will master the Velo and future builds will be a breeze.

I enjoy the time I spend coiling, the trial and error of trying to hit your desired resistance. Therapeutic in a looney type of way :)

It's a good thing you took a Velo, it's easy to build on, just imagine if you'd gotten another dripper, it could have been worse. Pretty soon you will master the Velo and future builds will be a breeze.

I enjoy the time I spend coiling, the trial and error of trying to hit your desired resistance. Therapeutic in a looney type of way :)
Yup my obsessive mind just found a new toy loooool... I might modify it a tad. I like the idea of venting from the top. I have a zillion coil wrapping vids open right now sleep wont come early.

EDIT: Thing makes my tongue go numb. Did a satisfactory 1 ohm build. Real neat and pretty. Wicks perfectly and didn't leak. But I dont think I will use it again. Might get into rebuilding stock coils been watching a few vids on that.

I will trade this monstrosity for a good bottle of juice no hassle.

Last edited:
Just to add to what was said above. Out of my 3 drippers, My Fishbone RDA is the best in terms of build, cloud production and general use. I will even say it performs better that my Velocity!

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

WOW what a ride. Numb fingers. Half exploded brain. Half a days worth of work behind. BUT.

I GET IT. .6ohm dual coil build, but the ticket for me was the Scottish Roll wicking technique and getting it right.

My head is still spinning from the last hit. Dont know about flavour but woooowwwweeeee I like the nicotine rush lol.

Juice consumption will plummet. Very satisfying vape.

Just wow. WOW.

Just realized now this should be moved to rebuildable dripper talk didnt see that one. My bad

Just woke up now and treating myself to a cup of Douwe Egberts Mocha Kenya accompanied by DDD in the Velo @ 55.5W.
The nom-ness is too good to describe uploadfromtaptalk1457088651186.jpg

Last edited:
Here's my list of favourites:

1. Velocity
2. Velocity
3. Velocity
4. Wotofo Lush (nice if you want to go authentic)
5. Deadmodz (glass cover; I got really nice flavour on it, but the quality isn't what it should be, they could've used better screws and milled down the negative posts)

You will get stunning flavour and cloud on the Velocity, all depends on your build.

I like dual, vertical claptons in it, wicked with cotton.

I've had quite a few drippers and none can contend with the Velocity...

Happy RDA hunting mate... I came up with an analogy a while back:

Tanks vs drippers is like T20's vs test cricket

T20's are nice, but the raw beauty of test cricket cannot be surpassed...

I think I am ready for an Aromamizer now muahahahahaha....
I have an Aramomizer. I am by no means an expert, or heavily experienced, but I have zero complaints. It is just subliminal! Works like a bomb. Nice to build, pumps surprising clouds.

Get one!

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Back