Best build for an Athena?

Zia

Llama Clan
LV

Awards
Hey all!

So, I’ve gotten my very first mech mod, did all my research on ohms law and battery safety and feel like I’m ready to get into it now.

So, because the vape stores near me only stock those Samsung 25r batts, I guess I’ll have to settle for that. I was thinking that my build should be about 0,25 ohms which should be safe for those batteries. However, I just moved on from a Voopoo Drag and I’m afraid I’ll miss building 0,06 ohm could if I move on to mechs. What can I do to get those super low builds again without losing 7 teeth?
Any help is appreciated!

Thanks guys!

Edit: Removed profanity due to triggers.

And yes, I am aware that single 18650s will NOT perform as well as a dual 18650 would with the same batteries. If you have any good suggestions for series mechs, let me know!

Last edited:
Hey all!

So, I’ve gotten my very first mech mod, did all my research on ohms law and battery safety and feel like I’m ready to get into it now.

So, because the vape stores near me only stock those shitty Samsung 25r batts, I guess I’ll have to settle for that. I was thinking that my build should be about 0,25 ohms which should be safe for those batteries. However, I just moved on from a Voopoo Drag and I’m afraid I’ll miss building 0,06 ohm could if I move on to mechs. What can I do to get those super low builds again without losing 7 teeth?
Any help is appreciated!

Thanks guys!
Samsung 25r's are far from "those shitty Samsung 25r's batts" do some more research before you make statements like that

Hey all!

So, because the vape stores near me only stock those shitty Samsung 25r batts, I guess I’ll have to settle for that. I was thinking that my build should be about 0,25 ohms which should be safe for those batteries. However, I just moved on from a Voopoo Drag and I’m afraid I’ll miss building 0,06 ohm could if I move on to mechs. What can I do to get those super low builds again without losing 7 teeth?
Any help is appreciated!

Thanks guys!

Sorry mate, but it is evident that you have no idea what you're talking about. Samsung 25R batteries are some of the best batteries out there.

whatsort of builds are you using on the drag and at what wattage?
based on a 25r the safe wattage max 4.2V x 20A =84W which will decrease as your battery runs down.
stick with simple wire builds as this will help with battery life.
i am currently running 22g 6 wraps flat haywire ni80 on 3ID. ohms out bang on .2 ohms. short 2 seconds puffs. if you take long puffs then build higher. dual coil

or try 26g parallel wrap single coils 5 to 6 wraps alsoworks well. ni80. 3id

To be honest, if you regard the 25R's as shitty I'm seriously doubting that you did adequate research into battery safety in regards to mech mods because they are normally the first to be mentioned in good regard

If by super low you mean 0.06 Ohms for a mech please do not go any where near a mech (you will be pulling 70A from your battery at full charge) .. actually start with 0.5 until you've gained enough experience

Ps I'm assuming that you're going to retract your post in the classifieds section for this mod or edit it at a future date provided you use it ?

To be honest, if you regard the 25R's as shitty I'm seriously doubting that you did adequate research into battery safety in regards to mech mods because they are normally the first to be mentioned in good regard

If by super low you mean 0.06 Ohms for a mech please do not go any where near a mech (you will be pulling 70A from your battery at full charge) .. actually start with 0.5 until you've gained enough experience

Ps I'm assuming that you're going to retract your post in the classifieds section for this mod or edit it at a future date provided you use it ?
Yeah I was actually thinking of just building at 0.5 to be honest. I feel like the 25R’s are kinda shitty compared to the VTCs. Regardless, I’m a little 2 minded on using this Athena so I’m still doing research on it, but more than likely I wouldn’t get into mechs yet so I think I’ll leave the Athena up on the classfields.

FELLOW LLAMA!

whatsort of builds are you using on the drag and at what wattage?
based on a 25r the safe wattage max 4.2V x 20A =84W which will decrease as your battery runs down.
stick with simple wire builds as this will help with battery life.
i am currently running 22g 6 wraps flat haywire ni80 on 3ID. ohms out bang on .2 ohms. short 2 seconds puffs. if you take long puffs then build higher. dual coil

or try 26g parallel wrap single coils 5 to 6 wraps alsoworks well. ni80. 3id
Well I was doing 0.06 ohms on the Drag with a Vandy Vape Mesh RDA...

Yeah I was actually thinking of just building at 0.5 to be honest. I feel like the 25R’s are kinda shitty compared to the VTCs. Regardless, I’m a little 2 minded on using this Athena so I’m still doing research on it, but more than likely I wouldn’t get into mechs yet so I think I’ll leave the Athena up on the classfields.

And what exactly gives you the shitty impression btw ?

Sorry mate, but it is evident that you have no idea what you're talking about. Samsung 25R batteries are some of the best batteries out there.
I do agree with you man but I think it’s shitty compared to the VTCs. VTCs don’t last as long, but boy can they handle some low builds. Hence my profanity.

Samsung 25r's are far from "those shitty Samsung 25r's batts" do some more research before you make statements like that
Didn’t say they weren’t good man and if I need to I’ll definitely pick them up, but compared to the Sony VTCs I really think the 25R’s are shitty.

I do agree with you man but I think it’s shitty compared to the VTCs. VTCs don’t last as long, but boy can they handle some low builds. Hence my profanity.

Normally, battries rated above 2000mAh would only be able to handle about 25Amps without destroying them (I'm talking long draws and continuous use). If you really want to handle low builds without fear of battery venting/explosion, then you typically want to go below 2000mAh like the LG HB2 and the HB4, but then you compromise on battery life.

Mooch's battery table here:

Attachments

• Mooch New Battery Table 17-3-24.jpeg
    Mooch New Battery Table 17-3-24.jpeg
    407.5 KB · Views: 10
Well I was doing 0.06 ohms on the Drag with a Vandy Vape Mesh RDA...
are you using mesh or coils. what type of coils...fused clappies..aliens ???

Back