Best single 18650 mod

Franky

Vapealot
LV

Awards
Hi fellow vapers, what in your opinion is the best single 18650 mod at the moment?

If you are looking at mod and separate tank not a kit, to start with :
Evic VTC Mini and subtank mini (or any other tank instead of the ego on - billow v2 / aromamizer rdta / goblin mini / bellus)

If you want a good kit to start with I would say Kanger's Subox kit.

But for a great mod itself, my vote goes for the VTC Mini without a doubt.

I have the Evic VTC Mini and have been loving it. Either use my Bellus RTA or my Wotofo Lush on it and it kicks enough to put out some pretty decent flavour and the clouds. TC is an added bonus and I have played around with it and it's really nice.

I have had a chance to play around with the Vaporesso Target which is also great to use. also 75W and really ergonomic to use. Reminds me of a Nerf gun.

EDIT: Check the Target in stainless steel. Sexy sexy
e9d15c8dfa6e32b5e06b926ed10507e1_g.jpg

I dont trust that tanks coils though. Looks like ceramic wrapped in cotton and afaik not enough it known about ceramic in these devices and how it breaks down over time.

I've got quite a few tanks at the moment - Atlantis V2, 2x Subtank Minis & a Bellus RTA. Has anyone looked at the new Sigelei 75w or SX Mini ML?

The SX350 chip has a good reputation and plenty global users love their SX mini's even though somewhat outdated.
The new SX mini ML class is a solid upgrade with awesome features, new firmware out in Dec sometime, and available from Vapers Corner at R2900.
Thats a lot of ront to drop on a single batt device, especially when there is a sneaking suspicion that a dual batt version is in the pipeline/works.

Mech : Reo grand SL
Regulated : SX mini ML

The SX weighs a ton so my number one spot will always go to the Reo, it being almost indestructible plays a huge part as well.

An honorable mentions for portability is the Evic VTC mini and IPV D2 - although the Reo grand would win in this regard aswell lol

Last edited:
As mentioned before, from personal preference and from trying the latest and greatest device, the reo as a single 18650 device is the best and most reliable and robust device.
Granted you need a little experience in coil building and battery safety.
My vote is a reo.

As mentioned before, from personal preference and from trying the latest and greatest device, the reo as a single 18650 device is the best and most reliable and robust device.
Granted you need a little experience in coil building and battery safety.
My vote is a reo.
tumblr_m4bs2677ku1ql0mis.gif
:-D

Mechs are fun until you want to change power output :(

A Reo is the best single 18650 device by a country mile.

You look sad about it, dont be. At least you know you need a regulated mod :)

I'm lucky in that sense, I guess, it takes me 2mins to mount'n'wick the O16 on my Reo, I know what type a vape I want for the juices I use, so I build a mech style build that meets my needs. Theres no faffing about with different power outputs at Casa da DoubleD. :rock:

Was a bit out of action on the forum for a while. This thread made my year! What fun and hearty chuckles to read. @DoubleD's hallelujah followed by @Alex country mile perfectly visualised by @Rob Fisher and ending at Casa da DoubleD:clap::clap::clap::clap:

I grab another REO or change the atty which has a build to suite the juice and vape style I want then. I hardly ever seem to want to change wattage while I'm still on 1 bottle or tank.

Look at Mr Fancy Pants with all:LULZ: his REOs.

Jokes I would love to have a collection of REOs with different setups on each. I'm vaping mass market Ipv4s and Cthulhu v2 8--)

In my experience, so that you can run different set-up for different juices, the best single 18650 mod is three Reo's :D

Joking, but it is my favourtie device.

In terms of regulated, well, I don't trust the regulated manufacturers yet. So I would spend cheap, and therefore the eVic VTC Mini. It's cheap, and seemingly well built.

Look at Mr Fancy Pants with all:LULZ: his REOs.

Jokes I would love to have a collection of REOs with different setups on each. I'm vaping mass market Ipv4s and Cthulhu v2 8--)
Oh lekker, it came out just the way I wanted it too like I have tons of them :rofl: Hehe, I only have 2.

Seriously though, 1 REO and different atties with different builds is good enough. I even have the same atties with different builds for differnt juice. You can get a few derringers cheap and put in different builds and then swop them as you please.

Owned 2 Reos. They were great in my "middle" vaping journey. Think they are overpriced compared to what you can get for the same money. I am finding far better flavours in my current setups. I prefer a good dual battery device that can deliver enough power from 50w up till 130w, which is from my Bellus tank all the way to my RDA's.

... DNA 300, DNA 400, ENA 500... ... ...ZNA 5000 WC (weather control)

I'm just gonna chill on the beach in my happy place oblivious to the tech evolution. At least no boards to fry when the wave hits, and not much corrosion on the aluminium case.

I agree fully with @capetocuba
Ive owned 2 reo minis and 1 reo grand and they served a purpose way back when i thought that was great.
Ive since moved on and i enjoy the freedom of choice as to what watts i want to vape at.
I notice alot of people say that the reo gives you dripper quality vape. I once thought that too. Unfortunately i was mistaken and caught up in the hype.
My sigelei 75watt coupled with a bellus is as close to a dripper quality vape you will get without using a dripper.
im not knocking the reo down cos everyone knows i loved mine whilst i used them. Im just saying there is alot of cheaper hardware out there that will et you a much better vape.

Back