Bringing in Mods & Attys into SA - Customs

Laura Lee-Hillier

New Vaper
LV

Awards
Hello All,

I've got family coming out in December to visit and they're bringing me 3 mods and two RTA's that I ordered in the UK and had delivered to them.
My father-in-law is worried about what to say or do at customs when he arrives.

Everything will be in it original packaging not opened.
Does he have to declare it?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated :) Thanks a mill!

Hello All,

I've got family coming out in December to visit and they're bringing me 3 mods and two RTA's that I ordered in the UK and had delivered to them.
My father-in-law is worried about what to say or do at customs when he arrives.

Everything will be in it original packaging not opened.
Does he have to declare it?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated :) Thanks a mill!

There is no difference between vape gear and any other new goods you would bring into the country. So technically you should declare presents you bring into the country.

If it was my in-laws I would get them to open the parcels and bring them in as their own personal vape gear.

There is no difference between vape gear and any other new goods you would bring into the country. So technically you should declare presents you bring into the country.

If it was my in-laws I would get them to open the parcels and bring them in as their own personal vape gear.
Thank you @Rob Fisher Father-in-Law actually said he might say they were his if he was questioned.

Agree on opening of goods... I have done so in the past and if the device has eu plugs (unlikely in this case) - Ditch the plugs

Back