84mm pistons
Dicktator Management system
57-63mm Exhaust + branch

old school check semi leather interior

BBS LMR light wieght Rims
Individual throttle boddies
hopefully all work will be done by Feb next yr

2.1ABF 16v stroker ( N/A power FTW)
I'm so with you on that!!! Normal aspiration is the best!!!
I had the ST170, and never upgraded to the new ST simply because they slapped a very heavy engine in there, and made it a turbo.
Loved my ST170! It has to be one of the nicests little cars I've ever owned, and I've owned a lot!! From 3L V6 Cortina, to Volvo 850R and almost everything in between.
Now I drive a boring family car (Renault Megane sedan), but took my excitement to two wheels.
Remember to post some pics when you get it back!

Boost FTW :p Im a boost Junkie
I used to be. had my volvo on 1.2 bar.
I think what converted me was my first real bike (aka above 400cc). It was a GSXR750 K1
The sound of long high revs just do it for me. zero lag. no surprises. With the volvo it happened too often that the turbo only kicked in proper midway through a corner. Far from ideal.
N/A, you simply look at the rev counter. You know exactly how much power you have, where it's gonna kick in, and how long it will last, and on gear change, you don't have to wait 3 - 4 seconds for the power to come back. :)

Turbo if done right doesn't have lag though. And alot of the newer turbos spool up much more effeciently

any turbo setup, if done correct will have minimal lag BUT there will still be lag no matter what

Like min min still less wait than lift :p. My car I can only feel lag if I am in like low low revs in a high gear

some pics of progress so far
Engine before

work thus far

Head Back from engineers big valve kit + double valve springs revs safely up to 9000rpm

First few coats

pre buff

Engine being dropped

turbos are nice ... but NA is way more fun .. ok dnt expect much more than 150 / 160 kw as a reliable daily driver on N/A

im aiming for an optimistically high 135-140kw on the wheels :p and a good mid 13 second quarter mile at the coast

I love a car with gorrel borries though
turbos sound nice but u c ant beat the sound of throttles or sidies but sidies is soooooo much heavier on petrol and requires regular tuning if you drive the way i do lol

turbos sound nice but u c ant beat the sound of throttles or sidies but sidies is soooooo much heavier on petrol and requires regular tuning if you drive the way i do lol

true dat buddy

your car looks lekker, some lekker power figures you expecting!

true dat buddy

your car looks lekker, some lekker power figures you expecting!

thanks dude car was suposed to be done already
mechanic stole some stuff from me now im short on cash to complete the project quickly

so i still need suspension bits
brake upgrades im refiting the VR6 big brake kit
need cv shafts and cvs managment system then phase one will be complete
not going ITB's right away will run the car with the VR6 throttle boddy for a few months
driving the motor in then fit the throttle bodies ( dont wana go the cheap route i.e toyota throttle boddies) get some precision throttle boddies or DICE but that alone will set me back around 7 -10 k depending on the intake im going to use, also want to do it right with a custom plenum instead of open throttles with ram tubes.. the cops are a pain if they open my bonnet with ram tubes i risk them pulling my licence disk

Cops tried to pull my disk once. notice the tried and the once
yeah i couldnt gete roadworthy with a 60mm drop
then got eibach pro kit i think its about 35-40mm drop and passed through, cops still hassel me tho

would reali like an air suspension but at 20k its just out of the budget this time around
im a beeeeeeeeeeeeg VW fan and proberly wont get rid of the mk1 ever so ill see what the future holds
also trying to get my hands ona 2 door MK2 but sho they scares and im not paying R70 000 + for a mk2 only to build up and fork out another couple of gran

Jirre duur jong. I'll stick with the SEAT for a while but will probably sell it once it comes back from the body shop. Had a bit of a vandalism incident the weekend. Next car I want is a A45

im a full on Honda guy :)

here are some pics of my ride, and the family one

Attachments

• IMG-20130126-00772.jpg
    IMG-20130126-00772.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG-20130313-00845.jpg
    IMG-20130313-00845.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG-20130315-00850.jpg
    IMG-20130315-00850.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG-20130414-00975.jpg
    IMG-20130414-00975.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 9
  • FRV1.JPG
    FRV1.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 9
  • FRV2.JPG
    FRV2.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 10
What exactly is the problem with ram tubes? Why does the cops not like it?

What exactly is the problem with ram tubes? Why does the cops not like it?
its too loud lol

i heard storries of them ripping off peoples exposed cone filters aswell " cuz everyone knows an exposed cone filtre gives + 100KW" lol

Haha, in the modern cars, just remove the resonator. Sounds lovely!

im a full on Honda guy :)

here are some pics of my ride, and the family one
Your car looks neat .. bt arrrgggg honda.. lol no disrespect to the jap cars bt im a german fan heil ****** all the way lol

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Meh I'm not brand loyal ill drive anything worthwhile as long as its not a beetle

Oo od give anything to get a mint condition old school drop top beetle lol remember beeter gave birth to porsche

I use to drive a vtec about 7 years ago. Back then this was one of the coolest cars you could have owned lol. Gave mk5 gti's a run for there money up until 4th gear then the race was over lol
7ehymeru.jpg
ahe9ezyn.jpg

Then built me a 2lt stroker motor with 48's sides. This motor was bullet proof and this thing was a monster. This thing was a dice magnet lol
sa6y9eta.jpg
uqy3ydyp.jpg

Then decided to settle down in the german stable
u2usavyr.jpg
e7amyta2.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk HD

You still have vtec hare

Back