Charging Tesiyi 45 A / 3000mah in Nitecore i4 safe

korn1

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
I just need to know quick

Of course it is not really 45A CDR, but should be safe to charge in there.

Got confused with the ICR in the beginning :oops:

Got confused with the ICR in the beginning :oops:
All good.
I also have a D4 nitecore, use it for all batt charging, nicads nimh etc.
my LG HG2's take about 5hrs from flat, they are also 3000mah capacity
of course thats with only 2 charging at 750ma, filling all 4 slots (each slot charges at 375ma) takes a much longer 8hrs

All good.
I also have a D4 nitecore, use it for all batt charging, nicads nimh etc.
my LG HG2's take about 5hrs from flat, they are also 3000mah capacity
of course thats with only 2 charging at 750ma, filling all 4 slots (each slot charges at 375ma) takes a much longer 8hrs

By the way, @blujeenz, I'm too lazy to go fish out the manual - but do you know if the i4 is slot dpenedent? I seem to recall reading if you charge in slots 2 and 4 it does one thing and in slots 1 and 3 or some other combination it does something else with the charge current

Or is it 2 batts in any slot combination that will give a faster charge?

By the way, @blujeenz, I'm too lazy to go fish out the manual - but do you know if the i4 is slot dpenedent? I seem to recall reading if you charge in slots 2 and 4 it does one thing and in slots 1 and 3 or some other combination it does something else with the charge current

On my D4
1 & 4 charges @ 375ma
2 & 3 charges @ 375ma
the other combinations charge @ 750ma ie 1&2 and 1&3 etc
I'd imagine the i4 is pretty similar

D4 only
You can also set nite mode by holding the slot button down and it dims the display, as well as a low charge current of 300ma for small nicad's etc by holding down the mode button.

I think I read that you must charge two AAA batteries in either 2 or 4 / 1 or 3 because charging one will over power it :SOOSICK: You are def onto something.

On my D4
1 & 4 charges @ 375ma
2 & 3 charges @ 375ma
the other combinations charge @ 750ma ie 1&2 and 1&3 etc
I'd imagine the i4 is pretty similar

Thanks @blujeenz
Didnt have to go fish out my manual ;-)
Its in a box somewhere - only problem is i am not sure where somewhere is...

Just to confirm, all four cells in - then should also charge at 375ma

I think I read that you must charge two AAA batteries in either 2 or 4 / 1 or 3 because charging one will over power it :SOOSICK: You are def onto something.

I had 2 AA' charging @ 1.51V which is rather high, sposed to be 1.38V, but if you select "low mode" it should be fine.
That said, 1 hr after taken off charge they had settled down to 1.38V .

Back