Coil Neatening!

Is it just me that sometimes squeezes too hard, resulting in the coil collapsing, with wraps folding over each other? :eek:

I was just thinking the very same thing because I have been redoing coils this afternoon and so proud of myself on doing it a different way... I crushed 2 coils and one coils leg broke off with the kak screw in the BF-iGo...

Never fear... I have my new file kit and I fixed the screw and I didn't put too much pressure on the coils and all the Metal REO's are ready to rock and roll! :rock:

PS I also burnt myself on a coil... :eek:

@Rob Fisher , how did u manage to burn yourself? :eek:

Erica was giving me kak this morning and I thought the contacts needed Nolax and or filing... both of which I did... sometimes she would fire and sometimes not... so I took the Cyclone cap off and started messing around... then I discovered if I held the coil and pressed the fire button and moved the coil I would get burnt... and that's how it happened... One of the legs of the coil had broken off. :oops:

I was just thinking the very same thing because I have been redoing coils this afternoon and so proud of myself on doing it a different way... I crushed 2 coils and one coils leg broke off with the kak screw in the BF-iGo...

Never fear... I have my new file kit and I fixed the screw and I didn't put too much pressure on the coils and all the Metal REO's are ready to rock and roll! :rock:

PS I also burnt myself on a coil... :eek:

fix those post screws

• Use that nice file set you got the other day:
  • Remove the post screws
  • Hold the head in a vise grip, or pliers.
  • Gently file the end down flat.

I've burnt with the coil as well. After dropping the burning hot tweezers... i decided to pick up the coil that was in aforementioned tweezers FML

Is ft the only one that sell ceramic tweezer

? Reason why mine got broken in the accodent ...

fix those post screws

• Use that nice file set you got the other day:
  • Remove the post screws
  • Hold the head in a vise grip, or pliers.
  • Gently file the end down flat.

Done! :rock:

Just call me McGyver! ;)

Is ft the only one that sell ceramic tweezer

? Reason why mine got broken in the accodent ...

YOu can get them locally and from other sites but they cost an arm and a leg! :eek:

I've burnt with the coil as well. After dropping the burning hot tweezers... i decided to pick up the coil that was in aforementioned tweezers FML

My first coil burn happened like that lol

Erica was giving me kak this morning and I thought the contacts needed Nolax and or filing... both of which I did... sometimes she would fire and sometimes not... so I took the Cyclone cap off and started messing around... then I discovered if I held the coil and pressed the fire button and moved the coil I would get burnt... and that's how it happened... One of the legs of the coil had broken off. :oops:
Ouch!

You're not a real coil builder till you've burnt yourself with one I guess. :p

Not looking forward to when it happens to me!

I just bought tweezers from Builders Warehouse with a built in LED light... and it has rubber grips on the side for your fingers. Don't think its heat proof, but the LED light will come in handy.

I just bought tweezers from Builders Warehouse with a built in LED light... and it has rubber grips on the side for your fingers. Don't think its heat proof, but the LED light will come in handy.

I have one like that, and it works nicley

I have one like that, and it works nicley
Ha, Lady SubOhm we should call you. Noticed you have steadily, but quietly, gone down in resistance with your coils and are now lounging below the 0.5 mark. I am suitably impressed by your skills.

Ha, Lady SubOhm we should call you. Noticed you have steadily, but quietly, gone down in resistance with your coils and are now lounging below the 0.5 mark. I am suitably impressed by your skills.

Haha ag thank you, I still don't know what I'm doing

Back