Coils to use

Kadaboy

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
So I have been using a set of nano aliens in my arbiter 2 and I do get great flavour I've been using RTA for over 6 years now but it baffles me everytime my cotton collapse and I have to rewick everyday rite through the middle.

So I'm assuming I have 1 coil that retains heat longer than the other causing the issue. Is there any coils you guys would refer me to like am kustohms or lazy panda for example.

Been wanting to get a set of am kustohms but budget is tight with juice purchases and so on. Let me know maybe the arbiter 2 is just getting the better of me.

is the cotton buggered in both coils?

Just the 1 but can see the second one is also strained and abit dark in the middle when I rewick. Also I tried using less cotton but still the same my wicking I would like to think is on point lol but this just bugs me man and I suspect the coils

what cotton are you using?

i used to have the same issue with cotton and the cotton would split but changed to BP Mods cotton and havent had a singe issue.

I'm using vapers club cotton maybe I should switch

I'm using vapers club cotton maybe I should switch
i've never tried that so cant be sure its that but ive had no issues with the bp mods cotton, hasnt broken once and bonus its super easy to work with. snip and go. no wasting and rolling and fiddling about.

Thanks guys for feedback let me try a different cotton then will keep you guys updated I hope this will be the fix

What juice are you using? Did you change that of late to a more citrus type or litchi?

I never had n issue with this juicebut my cotton collapse due to RDL vaping on too high wattage for the puff length I vape at.
Yeah it's weird though it never did this with my previous juice. Il try different cotton first if it persists then il try coils. Thanks guys for the assistance

Yeah it's weird though it never did this with my previous juice. Il try different cotton first if it persists then il try coils. Thanks guys for the assistance
You know, I think I remember someone else having this same issue. I'll do a quick search and see if I can find it

Yes I'm using Gbom Moondrops extra ice now

Try something without Litchi and see if it does the same. I had the problem a couple years back on my Wasp Nano RTA when I started using a juice with mostly Litchi in it, at anything over 30W the cotton didn't last a day. Switched to SS wire and temp control in the Wasp which sorted it out, but temp control is not for everyone.

Space your coil a bit too and don't go too light (but also not over tight) on the cotton in the coil, that way you avoid having juice "pockets" on the inside. Spin the cotton in the coil when wicking instead of flossing it, that way you get it all snug up in there. On a fresh build start at 5W lower than what you usually vape at and gradually increase it to your normal setting during the day.

Hope you get it sorted, it is one of those mysteries of vaping, Houdini-Cotton that just disappears...

It's 0.22 ohms dual coil setup in the arbiter 2
I think you should up your nic %. You'll get the hit you want and need without the long draw. That's what I do and iit works for me.
Then again it's only a suggestion.

Back