CP Mechanical Squonking Kit - Advken

Timwis

Vaping Royalty
LV

Awards
Hi Ecigssa members, In this review i take a look at the CP Mechanical Squonking Kit from Advken. The Advken CP Mechanical Squonking Kit was supplied for the purpose of this review by Vincent from Vaporl.

https://www.vaporl.com/advken-cp-squonk-...-tank.html

Introduction

The CP Squonking kit is a mechanical squonking kit which uses a pump action method to pump the e-liquid from a glass bottle. This grabbed my attention and made me think it would be a neat kit to review but was it a thumbs up or a let down? Let's find out

In the Box

Contents:

1x CP RDA
1x CP MOD
1x Replacement BF Bottle
1x User Manual
1x Accessories Bag

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The CP squonking kit comes in packaging which has a sleeve and inner presentation box with lid, i received a Black kit which as far as i am aware is the only available colour. The outer of the device is made entirely of plastic with Brass coloured fire and pump action buttons. The device is put together well but when handling it does feel very cheap in the hand. The buttons look good from any kind of a distance but when close up as well as also feeling cheap, look cheap. The main body actually is put together very well and the back panel is a perfect fit but it's hard to get past the cheap feeling material when in hand. The device is an ergonomic shape and fire and pump buttons are perfectly positioned for the device to be operated very comfortably with the use of just one hand. The removable panel is smooth and the opposite fixed side has diagonal grooves and "SQUONKING" written vertically. The front has a large brass coloured fire button at the top and the spine has an elongated viewing slit. The top of the device is stepped with a raised 510 plate on the upper section which has an inner o-ring to protect the device from leaking and a BF 510, the lower section see's a detonator style pump action button also coloured Brass.

CP RDA Specs and Features:

Material of the RDA: Aluminum Alloy& Stainless Steel
Size of the RDA: 22mm*28.4mm
22mm Single Coil Bottom Feed RDA
810 Drip Tip
Spring-added on the Posts Design
Posts Air-intake Design Anti-splashing of Positive Pole Design
BF Pin
Tread: 510
Colour: Black

CP BF RDA Overview

The CP RDA is a 22mm BF RDA that comprises of the deck, 810 drip tip and a sleeve with dual large airflow slots. The deck has 2 side walls and on top of the walls either side are the spring loaded clamps to fix your wires, the grub screws are big with massive heads it really is so simple to do the single coil build. Unscrew the post screws place your legs under the clamps and tighten down. Lower on the walls are 2 large holes (that's 2 each side) to allow air to enter the deck, you line the slots of the outer sleeve up with these. On the outside of the walls the holes are wide apart but then are angled inwards so the corresponding outlets on the deck are close together both aiming at the same area of the coil so whether you have 1, 1.5 or both holes open the coil gets the same coverage just more or less air. The CP RDA i liked apart from the rough airflow, it didn't matter how i adjusted it i just couldn't seem to get it any smoother. The flavour was very good and as already mentioned was a vey simple build and worked well as a BF RDA so the airflow was a let down. The last thing to mention is there is a rectangular plate that lies suspended over the centre pin so the juice hits this then spreads evenly either side, the juice wells are generous and i had no leaking whatsoever.

CP Squonking Mod Specs and Features:

Material of the Mod: Plastic
Size of the Mod: 50mm*24mm*86mm
Single 18650 Bottom Feed Mechanical Box Mod
Press Filling System
Locking Design of the Fire Button
7ml E-liquid Glass Bottle
510 Spring-loaded self adjusting BF Pin
Silver-plated Positive and Negative Pole
E-liquid-notice Hole Design
Thread: 510
Colour: Black

Fitting the Battery

The back panel can be removed with the help of a notch on the base, the door is very secure it both slots in position perfectly but then is secured with 2 central magnets. To the right is where the bottle is fitted and to the left your 18650 battery, the battery slots in position no problems but like most things on this device nothing is perfect and here it is very hard to see the marked battery orientation which as it's a mechanical device with no safety features is not good, it's marked Black on Black and barely visible.

The Squonking system

As mentioned the CP uses a pump action method of taking liquid from your bottle and feeding through the BF pin. The bottles (you receive 2) are made of glass so be careful not to drop them on something solid and they hold 7ml of liquid, they have a lid that screws off and a pipe that feeds from outside the lid into the bottle. The sturdy section of the pipe that protrudes out the top of the lid as a spring surrounding it, when you put the full bottle in place the pipe fits into the mechanism in the device and the detonator style button outside the device is forced upwards. Now pressing down on this button forces the spring down and letting go allows the button to come back up so you simply keep pressing the button to pump the liquid. The system is good, it's completely mess free when filling, i had zero leakage and the bottle fits in place very easily, however removing the bottle is far more of a pain and there is always that worry of dropping the glass bottle.

Locking the Fire Button

The fire button can be locked by turning it clockwise until it's flush with the device this now eliminates any travel so the button can't push the contact plate to make connection. To unlock simply unscrew anti-clockwise until fully extended.

Using the CP Kit

The device actually works really well once you get use to the fact compared to a bottle you press this system releases a tiny amount of liquid per press so you do need to do some pumping. That being said it would be hard to over-squonk with this and the system of very small amounts of liquid entering the deck works well as the liquid doesn't get fed back into the bottle. The viewing slot down the spine of the device allows you to see the juice level in the bottle at all times.
I spent most of my time when i was using the kit thinking how good this kit could of been. There are so many good points, the pump action squonking method is a big thumbs up, the ease and mess free way of filling and installing the bottle another, it has a very solid perfectly fitting back panel and using the device firing with the finger leaves your thumb in the perfect position to press down on the detonator style button while also having clear view of your juice level. Using the device with the one hand feels very natural so the ergonomics are also spot on, but it is just so hard to get away from the cheap feel of the device and cheap look of the fire and pump button. There are some other minor issues like the fire button is very mushy which some won't like and removing the bottle is the opposite to installing it, it's tight and a real pain. Also the device will only fit up to a 22mm atty without overhang and the 20mm 510 is raised quite a bit so with a 22mm atty there is a small gap around the perimeter. Really the same applied to the RDA very good but then something let's it down, it gives really good flavour and the build couldn't be easier but i found the airflow too rough.

Not For Beginners

I apologise in advance to the 99% of you that understand the difference between regulated devices with built in safety features and Mechanical devices but there only needs to be one and if i didn't give this warning i would be failing in my duty. There is no chip with the CP device so it is fully Mechanical taking the full power from the battery with no regulation or safety features. Please only even consider getting such a device if you understand battery safety (something you should be aware of even if using regulated devices) and also understand and follow ohms law, always test the resistance of your build is safe before attaching to a mechanical device.

Pros

Ergonomic Shape
Perfect one hand operation
Pump action squonk system
Well made glass bottles with tubing and spring
mess free filling
Bottle fits easily and quickly
Liquid viewing window
Very secure battery door
Lock mechanism
Battery fits well
Liquid enters RDA in small amounts
CP RDA easy single coil build
CP RDA gives good flavour

Cons

Feels Cheap
Buttons look cheap
Very poorly marked battery orientation
Glass bottles could smash if dropped
A pain removing bottle
Mushy fire button
Airflow rough

I would once again like to thank Vincent from Vaporl for supplying the CP Squonking Kit for the purpose of this review.

https://www.vaporl.com/advken-cp-squonk-...-tank.html

Back