Darn Leaking Tanks!!!

T666

Tenacious Vaper
LV

Awards
I don't know if its just me but does anyone also have the excruciating pain of a leaking tank just after you have rewicked or added juice???

I am using a Hellvape Rebirth and i have to empty the tank completely before refilling - cant top it up.
Also, i have to wait for it to cool down to fill again.

If i don't do any of these things, a leak is guaranteed.

Any tips on how to stop this? Am i wicking incorrectly?

cover the airflow holes with your fingers before you open the tank and keep them blocked. fill it up and close the top and then let go of the airflow holes. should solve the problem i would guess.

cover the airflow holes with your fingers before you open the tank and keep them blocked. fill it up and close the top and then let go of the airflow holes. should solve the problem i would guess.
thank you - going to try this.

Dude, it worked!!!

5 years battling with this and finally have the answer! Thank you!

Try and find some building/wicking tutorials on the specific tank too, as it could be your wicking that causes the leaking.

Unfortunately I never used the Rebirth RTA, so did not get around to making one for it, but I am sure someone has one or two up on YouTube that could help you.

Over the years I have noticed a no of RTA's that if you fill completely they will flood the base and you get leaks. It is one of the reasons I bed my cotton in before I assemble. I find that a dryish cotton does not leak after assembly and filling. In fact I often see bubbles when I fill for the first time.

I also when rewicking only use half a tank for the first fill.

Dude, it worked!!!

5 years battling with this and finally have the answer! Thank you!
Absolute pleasure. Been vaping for so long now that you learn all the little tricks!

Glad to be of assistance!!

Absolute pleasure. Been vaping for so long now that you learn all the little tricks!

Glad to be of assistance!!

See, sometimes it is good getting old. And that is why we put it all on this forum, so that if you forget (@Paul33 ) you can come back here to find tips (even from your past self).

See, sometimes it is good getting old. And that is why we put it all on this forum, so that if you forget (@Paul33 ) you can come back here to find tips (even from your past self).
Older and wiser and… bugger… lost my thought pattern there…

I don't know if its just me but does anyone also have the excruciating pain of a leaking tank just after you have rewicked or added juice???

I am using a Hellvape Rebirth and i have to empty the tank completely before refilling - cant top it up.

Dont thin out alot . I use my rebirth rta constantly and found out if you thin out alot it will leak

Dont thin out alot . I use my rebirth rta constantly and found out if you thin out alot it will leak
Also if it leaks you can open it up and stuff a tiny bit more cotton in the wicking ports. I've even put a bit of tissue paper in there because I was lazy to open my wicking kit.

Rebirth RTA is a bit tough to wick, especially when trying find the right balance for recent wicking and no leaking.
Don't be too hard on yourself!

But like it has been said, don't think out too much. And watch that vacuum!

Slowly starting to prefer my larger rda's -[ASGARD MINI / GOON]] ,my BLOTTO tanks are notorious for leaking if you don't do the wicking ''just'' right ,the ''wet spot'' on my clothes [after putting a mod in my pocket] was starting to annoy the xxxx out of me.

Lay a smidgeon of cotton, (with it's grain horizontal), across the wicking cavities before inserting your (vertical grain) wicks into the cavities ;)

This awesome S shape worked really well on my Crown. I saw it in this tutorial.

Attachments

• IMG_20240214_143928.jpg
    IMG_20240214_143928.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 4
Back