DIY Funfetti - something ain't right...

So just for the record, trying some of the Funfetti in my TFV8 now and boy oh boy what a difference!
Finally I am getting a vanilla flavour coming through. It is now tasting soo much better and more like what I originally vaped.

This is the colour of my Funfetti, 0mg nicotine. Very light in colour compared to some others.
View attachment 80780

Hey bud
What did you do diffrently in this mix besides the nicotine?

My Funfetti has darkened up quite a bit while steeping. I'm not sure if that's the nic, I have some juices that are almost clear and which have the same amount of nic.

Incidentally, Cap changed their Marshmallow formulation a few months ago. If you buy another bottle now, you may be surprised at how much darker it is than the original.

Dripped the bit of funfetti I made two weeks ago (with SC v1) this evening and man it's good, also mixed with 0nic and it is quite light. The first batch I made a few months ago went really dark, the nicotine definitely plays on something, possibly the sugar cookie and changes the colour drastically even at 3mg.

Might forget it in a cupboard for a few more weeks cause this is a recipe that really gets better and better with time.

I made a 250ml batch beginning of october. Found it in my cupboard two days ago. So far I finished around 80mls. Its that good after a long steep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Without a doubt Enyawreklaw does not know what accurate steeping times are. 3-5 days? Hell no!

He does have some kickass recipes though and knows how to mix.

Without a doubt Enyawreklaw does not know what accurate steeping times are. 3-5 days? Hell no!

He does have some kickass recipes though and knows how to mix.
Yes I agree Wayne likes it pretty fresh. But multiply his steep times by weeks (if he says three days go for three weeks) and man oh man, the guy has knocked it waaaaaaay out the park many times.

Cool thread feeling prepared to mix up a 300ml for long term I am confident it will be great.

May i suggest the following:
1. Use TFA Marshmallow
2. Use INW Biscuit
3. Use Cap New york cheescake
4. Use TFA Sweetner

Try these instead and see what happens

1. Use TFA Marshmallow
2. Use INW Biscuit
4. Use TFA Sweetner

Just those 4 ingredients or use them instead of what?

1. Use TFA Marshmallow
2. Use INW Biscuit
4. Use TFA Sweetner

Dont, just don't sub anything from the original recipe, not even CAP Sugar Cookie v2 for v1!
I absolutely love Funfetti and was advised by a great mixer @method1 that subbing SCv1 for v2 makes for an inferior juice.
I thought it was good with v2 till I received some SCv1 from ChefsUK. Totally transformed the juice and added that silky butteryness that was missing.

If subbing out a flavours v1 for a v2 makes such a big difference, and their from the same house CAP, then subbing ingredients from different brand houses, TFA instead of CAP (or viceversa), is bound to detract the juice even further from the intended flavour/taste.

Just a suggestion

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Interestingly in his new mixing competition which Wayne announced last night, each round will only take a week. So it will maybe be 2 days tops between the entries being mixed and being vaped by the judges. Wayne, Skiddlz and Manson talked a bit about it and the consensus seemed to be "people are impatient, you have to make recipes that are decent right off the bat".

This seems to be a fear among many mixers, that if people are trawling for recipes and see "three week steep required", they'll try something else. I have never felt that way, steep time is irrelevant to me as I'm eight weeks ahead of the curve and don't know any recipes that require a two-month steep. Even if a recipe warned that it absolutely needed seven weeks and not a day less, it'd still be ready a full week before I even got around to tasting it.

Although, having added another 6x30ml bottles into my rotation this week, I am now probably ahead by nearly three months. That will require some juggling as I'm probably a bit too far ahead and recipes with fruits (especially Fuji and Ripe) will need to be vaped quicker or risk fading. I'll probably just bump fruits up in the queue and tobaccos, yogurts and custards down.

Back