Item for Sale :- Dotmod - DotAio + RBA
Selling Price :- R1600 incl shipping
Condition :- 9/10
Age of the item :- 5 months
Clone or Authentic :- Authentic
Location of item :- Ballito / Durban
Delivery/Collection :- Collection / Delivery via Aramex
Reason for sale:- Funding new gear
Add a picture here :- IMG_20200612_143540.jpg IMG_20200612_143349.jpg IMG_20200612_143603.jpg IMG_20200612_211307.jpg IMG_20200612_211251.jpg

Batteries - you need to include its specs and a picture

Last edited:
Why is everyone rating the post as optimistic? R1800 is an extremely fair price considering the sale includes the RBA which is valued at R550

Just some advice in the vaping industry, unfortunately once a product is bought and sold second hand it almost instantly loses at least 20% of its value, it sucks! But its the reality. This might be the reality of so many optimistic ratings.

Why is everyone rating the post as optimistic? R1800 is an extremely fair price considering the sale includes the RBA which is valued at R550

If one had to hazard a guess as to why the post is being rated optimistic:
New price is around 1500/1550 for the device and 500/550 for the RBA-total R2000 / R2100 brand new. Given that it's 5 months old, people are probably rating optimistic as they feel the price is too close to brand new pricing for a used item

Either that or people are thinking of the SE pricing which was around R1100/1150 plus the RBA around R500/550- Total R1600/R1700 brand new.j

GLWS

Yeah I get that it loses value etc, but R1800 incl nationwide shipping is still quite fair considering there isn't a single scratch on the device and it's just as good as when it came out the box since it's hardly been used. The pictures honestly don't do justice to how immaculate it is. Ppl are just looking for lucks

Hi @Sallu

You can find the explanation by @Silver on the reasoning why the "optimistic" rating is much preferred to comments on a post that states that the price is too high (the latter being against the rules if unsolicited), here: https://www.ecigssa.co.za/vicious-ant-spade-dna-75c.t66865/#post-854977

In this case, you yourself specifically started discussing the merits of your price in the post - to which @Jengz and @M.Adhir provided reasoned and informative replies.

To add to the excellent points that they have already made:

As @Jengz have noted, vaping gear immediately loses a significant amount of value once it 'leaves the showroom'. When one purchases from a credible vendor, one is guaranteed that the product will be unopened and never used. This goes much further towards peace of mind than even pristine or mint condition on a second hand product. It is possible (not likely, but possible) that eg. a mod might not have a single paint chip / scratch / fading / 'atty rash' etc; but that juice has leaked into the chip.

If anything goes wrong with a mod, tank etc. (where it does not seem to be caused by clear negligence on the part of the user) within a reasonable time frame (often within a six month warranty period. Sometimes for a shorter period, but in some cases for a longer period), a credible vendor will usually repair or replace the item immediately (my very first RTA had a loose post that simply could not be tightened. The vendor that I purchased it from {who also happen to stock the Dotmod AIO & RBA} immediately sent me a replacement on their cost {they did not even require me to return the faulty tank, as it would have cost shipping fees, and they could not get a refund on the tank themselves from the supplier or manufacturer}). When one buys a used product, the seller is usually not going to commit to repairing or replacing the product if something goes wrong. This is one aspect of a certain level of risk that buyers on the classified are generally willing to accept, in return for a significantly reduced price.

The majority of sellers on Ecigssa classifieds tend to under-promise and over-deliver. Often the products are rated as eg. 8/10, and are actually in near perfect. Often a little 'extra' (such as a juice, extra drip tip etc.) are included in the parcel (without being advertised as part of the deal).
However, there are also a small number of people who have done the opposite (I have received a mod that was at least one to two points out of 10 'under' the condition that it was advertised). This is less of a concern with longstanding members who have been active on the forum, have received several positive ratings and who other longstanding members vouch for. This is another level of risk that buyers on the classified are generally willing to accept, in return for a significantly reduced price.

As for your price specifically: As @M.Adhir has noted, the combo that you are selling can generally be bought new (at standard prices) for R 2000 - 2100. You are thus offering approximately 10 % 'discount', whilst the buyer has to accept both levels of risk stated above. The fact that you include free shipping is largely irrelevant as compared to a retailer, as the vast majority of retailers offer free overnight courier services when one exceeds a certain price point (usually between R550 and R1100). An additional benefit (small, but there) is that one can then add a variety of other products of lower cost (eg. cotton) without having to pay shipping.

You do not state specifically that the two stock coils that are included with a new device are included with yours. The assumption would thus be that you only provide the mod, and the additional RBA. The worth of those two coils (if bought separately) are around R110. Thus, in effect you are offering a R 90 to R 190 'discount' (4.5% to 9 %), whilst the buyer has to accept a 5 month old product with both levels of risk stated above present.

As consistent with @Jengz 's point above, one often sees members offering 3 day old products (which they for instance simply did not find to their preference) for a 20 % reduction.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "Ppl are just looking for lucks"? If you mean "likes", it is not possible to "like" other people's ratings. If you mean "luck", possibly in the sense that the ultimate agenda of the ratings by 7 different people is for one of them to be able to "low ball" you, I think that that is extremely unlikely...

The simple message (for your benefit) is that you are very very unlikely to have a successful sale on this forum if you do not reduce the price very significantly (I think that saying things such as "Ppl are just looking for lucks" might also not necessarily increase your chances)

NOTE: I am not at all trying to slag the classified section of this forum as inherently risky and unwise to use. I have often bought and sold items here, and generally I have been very happy (and I think and hope that those who have purchased from me in the past feel the same). I am very glad that this resource is available to us. It is simply a matter of realistically weighing up the risks against the very significant savings (and thus, often having the opportunity to own products which one would not necessarily be able / willing to afford new / the opportunity to purchase products that are not / no longer available at retailers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back