Dovpo Topside or Vandyvape Pulse X?

Which one to choose

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You are more intelligent than me ;)

Yeah noooo, I’m the guy shouting hold my beer and watch this..... plus i dont have an awesome title yet

Think ill go as “Thread derailer overlord”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One pro to the Pulse 80w/X is you can customize it with panels and different coloured bottles. And they are cheap.

Squonk bottles needs to be replaced as they eventually get a funny smell that effects eJuice flavour so a big pro would be the low cost of the Pulse bottles.

Another pro on the Pulse is it’s easy to clean the inside battery and squonk bay area. The Topside is a very closed system, only have access to the squonk bottle for cleaning.

Also taking into account the Pulse is light weight in comparison to the Topside.

Having said all of that the Topside is a good looking mod, it’s innovative and there are some colour options.

I have handled it a few times, my inpression is that it’s more of a mod mod, it’s heavy and feels edgy in hand. Not a bad thing, just not as comfortable as a Pulse “tupperware” mod.

Dropping it is going to damage something whereas the Pulse is pretty rugged having dropped mine a few times the only thing that broke was the drip tip on my Recurve.
  • Would I buy a Topside - Yes.
  • Which would I prefer to carry on me all day - the Pulse.
  • Which has better resell value - probably the Topside

One pro to the Pulse 80w/X is you can customize it with panels and different coloured bottles. And they are cheap.

Squonk bottles needs to be replaced as they eventually get a funny smell that effects eJuice flavour so a big pro would be the low cost of the Pulse bottles.

Another pro on the Pulse is it’s easy to clean the inside battery and squonk bay area. The Topside is a very closed system, only have access to the squonk bottle for cleaning.

Also taking into account the Pulse is light weight in comparison to the Topside.

Having said all of that the Topside is a good looking mod, it’s innovative and there are some colour options.

I have handled it a few times, my inpression is that it’s more of a mod mod, it’s heavy and feels edgy in hand. Not a bad thing, just not as comfortable as a Pulse “tupperware” mod.

Dropping it is going to damage something whereas the Pulse is pretty rugged having dropped mine a few times the only thing that broke was the drip tip on my Recurve.
  • Would I buy a Topside - Yes.
  • Which would I prefer to carry on me all day - the Pulse.
  • Which has better resell value - probably the Topside
how the hell did you break the drip tip on the recurve. was it dropped off the side of a building :)

Think it fell on the drip tip, very sad cause the Recurve drip tip is so comfy.

Luckily found a replacement, ended up buying most of the Recurve colours.

7C1129F4-15FB-414D-89B5-A45E268C33B0.jpeg

Last edited:
@Viper_SA
you have the normal regulated pulse mod no?
is the larger battery such a concern?
if not ... why not just buy the panels from the X?

Anyone know if you get Topside clones?
Local store is selling the Topside for R1100 and if I look at other vendors prices, this seems to be a good price.
The shop is in the china mall, but its a vape shop, not a chineese shop. Or let me say it like this, they spoke afrikaans to me in the shop.

Last edited:
Anyone know if you get Topside clones?
Local store is selling the Topside for R1100 and if I look at other vendors prices, this seems to be a good price.
The shop is in the china mall, but its a vape shop, not a chineese shop. Or let me say it like this, they spoke afrikaans to me in the shop.
The price at your vape shop is a bit too low so I’d be cautious... you get clones of pretty much everything and quite shortly after release of genuine products nowadays. I’d buy a second hand one to be on the safe side. I saw them retailing for around R900 on the forum.

Back